Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
But she will be brilliant for the Mail’s non-dom owners. I wonder how many sheep they can influence?

b27564845d044889fdc069f632b355b7.jpg

But she will be brilliant for the Mail’s non-dom owners. I wonder how many sheep they can influence?

A member of my family, firmly believes that anyone who doesn’t read that rag is a communist and that the Mail is the only paper that dares to print the truth.
It’s rather tedious, but it has been more interesting this week. They’re currently having a meltdown at the thought of Mordant winning. Someone they have described as a leftie and is concerned regarding our countries slide into communism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
As much as it's a little bit of A and a touch of B the answer is actually:-

C - she hasn't got a f**kin clue and doesn't care.

C is the big one. Doesn't research anything, doesn't read briefings or notes, ignores advisers and doesn't run what she's going to say past them

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The chancellor Nadhim Zahawi is under pressure to explain the source of £26m of unsecured loans reported by his family property firm in 2018 as he faces questions over his tax affairs.

The millions of pounds of loans helped Zahawi and his wife buy properties across Britain, including commercial and retail premises in London, Birmingham, Brighton and Walton-on-Thames in Surrey.

The Observer has established that new loans to the property firm Zahawi and Zahawi were reported in the same year that an offshore family company linked to the chancellor sold shares in YouGov, the polling firm he founded, transferring £26m to an unknown recipient or recipients.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Johnson has skipped another Cobra meeting to host a lavish party at Chequers. He really laughing at us.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-skips-emergency-heatwave-27498528

To be fair, I don't think Johnson spent his time laughing at people who didn't vote for him, he spent his time flipping the V sign at them. This is a little more accurate about those he's been laughing at (and probably still is) :dunce:

I know it’s been said so, so many times over the last few years but it would never have happened under any previous PM. If I’d voted for him and his party I’d be ashamed of myself.

Back to the race for PM, funny how most of the mainstream press and interviewers haven't asked prospective PM PM about this

PM candidate Penny Mordaunt blasted for taking £20,000 donation from climate sceptics

The would-be Prime Minister took two £10,000 donations from a business run by tycoon Terence Mordaunt, a distant relation of the MP. Mr Mordaunt is a trustee of the Global Warming Policy Foundation, a think-tank once branded “the UK’s most prominent source of climate-change denial”.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/pm-candidate-penny-mordaunt-blasted-27500057

Now I can see why this would be of no concern to her backers and prospective voters within the party, but the wider public ???

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Do anyone tell Lizz the EU just signed an FTA with New Zealand that protects its farmers?

She threw our farmers under their own tractors

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Odious

[tweet]1548371821052846081[/tweet]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I really am struggling to see why Truss is so popular.

She can barely speak.

She has the same tactic as Boris. Get powerful and rich people in the media and beyond, behind you with various clandestine and confidential promises. The way the Mail gives her seemingly unconditional backing despite her being by far the least impressive candidate should tell you everything about how you get to the top of the Tory party in these times.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why are they having televised debates when only 160,000 can vote ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here