Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A few weeks ago, Shats was asked why he wasn't getting involved in the train dispute.
He went on a long ramble involving beer and curry to finally get too "which is what the opposition thinks is a business meeting".

Much like Truss in that clip.

I can imagine the Big Dogs inner circle applauding them for 'sticking it to the enemy', 'giving the electorate what they want' rah rah rah.

Completely oblivious to them just looking like ****s.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Add in the fact that he tried to bury the Russia Report into their interference in our elections!!!

Frustrating amount of redaction in that too, but it makes it clear that Russia sought, through multiple angles of attack, to promote divisive issues like Brexit, and divisive individuals.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I know of people that blame the Pfizer jab for theirs …that even things up?

Both AZ and Pfizer have been proven to have elevated risks of certain disorders vs if you don't have the jabs. However, both of them have also been shown to have a *much lower* elevated risk than if you catch covid. So, on balance, at the time of the rollouts the elevated risk was worth taking. I might think twice about it today, but back when I had my jab I was more than happy to have AZ as I'd done my research and knew that the bigger risk was covid itself.

Logically, it makes sense. The types of side effects seen in the vaccines are a match for the nasty side effects that Covid can have. The difference being that Covid is far more likely to generate those side effects, and far more likely to kill you if you do get the side effects. The storm about AZ was massively overblown at the time, and it's a shame that stigma has remained. Pfizer did a much better job of managing the message when they had their own emergent side effect issues, and they were very prompt about getting on top of dealing with the fallout in a way that restored trust in their jab very quickly. AZ didn't, and in part that was because of how the UK and EU governments panicked about the blood clots. Pfizer didn't have to deal with that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Both AZ and Pfizer have been proven to have elevated risks of certain disorders vs if you don't have the jabs. However, both of them have also been shown to have a *much lower* elevated risk than if you catch covid. So, on balance, at the time of the rollouts the elevated risk was worth taking. I might think twice about it today, but back when I had my jab I was more than happy to have AZ as I'd done my research and knew that the bigger risk was covid itself.

Logically, it makes sense. The types of side effects seen in the vaccines are a match for the nasty side effects that Covid can have. The difference being that Covid is far more likely to generate those side effects, and far more likely to kill you if you do get the side effects. The storm about AZ was massively overblown at the time, and it's a shame that stigma has remained. Pfizer did a much better job of managing the message when they had their own emergent side effect issues, and they were very prompt about getting on top of dealing with the fallout in a way that restored trust in their jab very quickly. AZ didn't, and in part that was because of how the UK and EU governments panicked about the blood clots. Pfizer didn't have to deal with that.

Interesting post

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This is even worse.

[tweet]1541733785233915912[/tweet]

How can anybody so thick and vaccuus achieve such high office? Is there nobody - anybody - with a modicum of basic intelligence in the Tory party that can do the job? I'm guessing not and she is the best they have got. Doesn't bode well does it.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Heaven help us.

[tweet]1541735815067435010[/tweet]

Aside from the fact that she comes across as someone who is not just slimy and dim-witted, there is an issue that she mentions "private conversations with Gulf leaders". Shouldn't conversations undertaken between our Government Ministers and foreign leaders be a matter of public record and discourse. Or am I being too Truss-like?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The activist known as “Stop Brexit Man” has had equipment seized by police officers attempting to shut down his regular protest near parliament, as a new protest law came into force.

The Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act, which came into force on Tuesday, introduced an offence of intentionally or recklessly causing public nuisance, in an effort to crack down on disruptive guerrilla protests.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Absolutely TB, my wife and I had our first jabs Pfizer in the January after they were approved for ::use in the December as my wife is clinically vulnerable, when she was called for the vacc she asked if I could have it at the same time (late on a Sunday evening) which they agreed to, our second jabs were April and third were October all three Pfizer, my brother-in-law had the AZ vacc twice and has been ill since his first jab which was worsened with his second, he was a very fit and able gentleman but blood clots etc have decimated his health, he has had several stays in hospital and hopefully the last procedure he had has corrected his blood disorder, I believe he was offered the Pfizer jab as a booster but am unsure if he took it up. He definitely blames the AZ vaccine for his illness.

I feel sorry for your brother in law and I hope he regains his full fitness. It certainly seems that he has been unfortunate.
I am almost 74 and had 2 AZ jabs and 1 Pfizer booster jab. I have had no ill effects and haven’t caught covid despite my wife getting it. When I become eligible for the next booster, I shall toddle along and take whatever they give me.
PS. Nothing to do with meltdowns though.:D

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The activist known as “Stop Brexit Man” has had equipment seized by police officers attempting to shut down his regular protest near parliament, as a new protest law came into force.

The Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act, which came into force on Tuesday, introduced an offence of intentionally or recklessly causing public nuisance, in an effort to crack down on disruptive guerrilla protests.

The Steve Bray Law... *

* The Stop Brexit Man is Steve Bray. The Government added that clause purely to shut him up. It took 25 police officers to take his stuff, and then follow him round after. Great use of police time.

We're slipping towards a fascist state.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I accept all the flack I have received re now is not the time to remove BJ (and I repeat I detest the man and hope he and these evil Tories go soon) but if he goes now and Truss is in charge......... Better the devil you know.....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I accept all the flack I have received re now is not the time to remove BJ (and I repeat I detest the man and hope he and these evil Tories go soon) but if he goes now and Truss is in charge......... Better the devil you know.....

Fair point but if BJ is forced out, there will be a number of cabinet ministers contaminated by association with Johnson. Many of them have got too close to him. I think Sunak and Gove would get themselves into another cabinet position but Truss’ stock has surely dropped too much? Surely most Tories would consider her an election liability?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
How can anybody so thick and vaccuus achieve such high office? Is there nobody - anybody - with a modicum of basic intelligence in the Tory party that can do the job? I'm guessing not and she is the best they have got. Doesn't bode well does it.

Yeah it's appalling.
So many top level politicians, without even the basic skills of a half-way competent middle manager.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Steve Bray Law... *

* The Stop Brexit Man is Steve Bray. The Government added that clause purely to shut him up. It took 25 police officers to take his stuff, and then follow him round after. Great use of police time.

We're slipping towards a fascist state.

Those officers should be ashamed of themselves. It demonstrates how very easy it is to get dimwitted people in uniforms with a bit of power, to follow and enforce a fascist regime.

This reminds me of the footage from 1930’s Berlin of Jews being harassed by state sanctioned thugs. Disgusting.

Soon, police intervention of this sort is going to erupt into civil unrest. Then the government are going to have to defend their disgusting laws with boots and batons.

This is going to get very ugly. And so it should. Britain should never accept this tyranny.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Another day, another step towards a police state

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here