Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's Labour in power at the next GE

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

It can only ever be a coalition of several parties on a parliamentary bill by bill basis.

Blair’s majority of 1997 can never be repeated, as the SNP have Scotland sewn up. They’ve always ruled out a formal coalition, but would work with Labour if granted a guaranteed prompt referendum for full independence.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Boris Johnson is not a normal politician, since he has won this he will stick up two fingers to everyone.

The 1922 Committee may change the rules but maybe he will get rid of them?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nothing to see then.

Boris is........ A survivor.

https://youtu.be/O4OOum4Vm-M

Yep. You're actually celebrating 41.2% of his own MPs having no confidence in his ability to run the country.

If that's his nearest and dearest what do you think the rest of the country thinks?

Perhaps there ought to be a national referendum to gauge the public's confidence???

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
It can only ever be a coalition of several parties on a parliamentary bill by bill basis.

Blair’s majority of 1997 can never be repeated, as the SNP have Scotland sewn up. They’ve always ruled out a formal coalition, but would work with Labour if granted a guaranteed prompt referendum for full independence.
The way sturgeon is pissing off the Scottish, if she stays as leader of the SNP I can see them losing a lot of seats

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Nothing to see then.

Boris is........ A survivor.

https://youtu.be/O4OOum4Vm-M

Absolutely.

Under normal circumstances a PM caught breaking the law, the Ministerial code and only having 59% of your colleagues have confidence in you would be long gone. But Big Dog lives to walk another day and have other people clear his shit up on a regular basis.

Probably only a matter of time before he is put out of his misery though...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1533902493322776576[/tweet]

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That's Labour in power at the next GE

I think best the Conservatives can wish for is a Labour overall majority.

If it's a coalition, there may be another attempt to change the electoral system (*) and drop the voting age to 16.

(*) The campaigning would be much different to last time, since I suspect the Labour party (as part of the coalition conditions) would support it as they tentatively agreed in discussions with the Lib Dems last time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's all about the GE, surely you can see that?

There is NO opposition.

I disagree. I’ll also add, there’s no obvious Tory replacement .

That said, a dog wearing a red rosette will win after a few more years of Boris destroying the party and the country.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Worse performance than May in her confidence vote. Six months as a lame duck for her.

Watch the Tories get battered in Wakefield.

they'll expect to lose Wakefield, having it in the first place is an aberration. Tiverton is the real test.

he wont resign either way, at least another year of Johnson.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yep. You're actually celebrating 41.2% of his own MPs having no confidence in his ability to run the country.

If that's his nearest and dearest what do you think the rest of the country thinks?

Perhaps there ought to be a national referendum to gauge the public's confidence???
Well,the last one worked out well!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There'll be a pack of attack dogs stalking him every time he opens his mouth. Every time he steps out of No. 10. Every time he takes the secret passage out of No. 10. Every time he tries to answer PMQs. Everywhere he goes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The way sturgeon is pissing off the Scottish, if she stays as leader of the SNP I can see them losing a lot of seats

Agree with this…..increasing number of people have had enough of her from what I’m hearing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here