Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not having the confidence of 75% of non-pay roll colleagues feels like very dangerous territory

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Was interested in the usual 'holier than thou', empty policy rhetoric from Starmer in response.

At best he's in for a gangbang with the LibDems and the Greens, yet he apparently has all the answers.

Let's hear them....

I have asked before, could someone PLEASE tell me what policies the government are currently following through with? What the general public should gauge them on, come the next election? What all “the big calls” are?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has responded to tonight's result, saying a "divided" Conservative party is "propping up" Boris Johnson after the prime minister survived the confidence vote.

"The choice is clearer than ever before: Divided Tories propping up Boris Johnson with no plan to tackle the issues you are facing," Starmer tweeted.

"Or a united Labour Party with a plan to fix the cost-of-living crisis and restore trust in politics.

"Labour will get Britain back on track."

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I have asked before, could someone PLEASE tell me what policies the government are currently following through with? What the general public should gauge the on, come the next election? What all “the big calls” are?

I think with COVID, world fuel prices and Ukraine, it's all rather fluid. My concern is, as I say, it's rhetoric from Starmer.

If he said 'we'll do this' and 'we'll do that' rather than negative campaigning then Joe Public might stop the vanilla tag.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Latest odds from Bet365 on when Boris is gone:

Troubles resurfacing in Northern Ireland - 3/1
Trade war with EU - 4/1
World Cup - 2/1
First immigrants processed in Rwanda appearing in British TV documentaries - Evens

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has responded to tonight's result, saying a "divided" Conservative party is "propping up" Boris Johnson after the prime minister survived the confidence vote.

"The choice is clearer than ever before: Divided Tories propping up Boris Johnson with no plan to tackle the issues you are facing," Starmer tweeted.

"Or a united Labour Party with a plan to fix the cost-of-living crisis and restore trust in politics.

"Labour will get Britain back on track."

Did he clarify how?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
At best he's in for a gangbang with the LibDems and the Greens, yet he apparently has all the answers.

It's exactly what he should do. Stand up a progressive alliance, because more people in the UK support those three parties combined than the Tories. Since a Brexit referendum went on the Tory mandate this has been totally about who can deal with their split vote better and, in that one single respect, the Tories have been incredibly successful. The best way to crush Nigel? Move to the right of him.

However, now that the floppy haired liar is clinging on by his fingernails the narrative is moving against him. Time for the centre left to work out an election strategy that puts only the progressive candidate with the best chance up against the Tory.

Labour lost their traditional working class vote decades ago. Thatcher pretty much crushed it. Love her or hate her she was twice as effective as Boris and four times more honest. When working class tube drivers are posting far right paranoia on football message boards you know they're never going to go red again, so it's time to unite the educated, progressive vote.

D

Deleted member 2719

:lolol: :bowdown:

There is still a chance the tory MPs may have another go at him before the GE, mind. It's whether they have the bottle. My feeling is...no...the tory backbenchers don't have the balls to chuck Johnson out.

If I were a tory MP....I think I'd keep backing Boris, but I'd have to accept I'd long since signed a pact with the devil. It's too late now to jump ship to the OUT camp because if Johnson goes the chicken will be headless, and the electorate will be the farmer with the sharp knife.

Despite the 148, the parliamentary party are now 'Johnsonian' and the nation will have taken note.

I agree with all you said Hazza, but I don't think the nation will worry too much.

Let's see what opposition the others can come up with, starmer will be gone soon imo.
He looked flustered and desperate when speaking.

If Hunt ever gets in before a GE tories will make the biggest loss ever, I won't vote for him, he has been stabbing a BJ for so long now, can't stand him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think with COVID, world fuel prices and Ukraine, it's all rather fluid. My concern is, as I say, it's rhetoric from Starmer.

If he said 'we'll do this' and 'we'll do that' rather than negative campaigning then Joe Public might stop the vanilla tag.

He doesn’t need to commit to any policies just yet and there’s no point at the moment with an election 2 years away. He just needs to sit back, let Boris do his work for him and decide on policy nearer the time.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

I guess is the difference is the opposition have to do just that, whereas the government are supposed to, well, you know govern.

I am not sure “govern” means lurch from one crisis to another.

Agree Covid would have been a problem for any government, which is why we should have had a coalition during that period, to prevent the accusations of contracts for friends, snouts in the trough, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here