Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not as embarrassing as admitting that they are still backing a proven lying, duplicitous, unscrupulous, self obsessed, deceitful, unprincipled, corrupt, egotistical ****

But they're not are they ? Well not publicly. They are simply keeping quiet, trying and failing to give subtle 'as a centrist', 'balanced' and 'until we know the facts' type posts when they can resist no longer, simply awaiting their next opportunity to vote for the 'Leopards Eating People's Faces Party' and then get surprised when their own face gets eaten by soaring food costs, inflation, cost of living, recession etc etc :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
why aren't more Tories coming out and ganging up on Johnson? The party needs to turn on him, he isn't a true conservative. They need to be brave and bring the party back to the centre right. There doesn't seem to be any obvious candidates, shame Rory Stewart left, maybe Jeremy Hunt?

I think it has to be a Borisite otherwise the brexit bandwagon collapses

There has to be a complete reset of British politics. Johnson has to go and the entire cabinet that facilitated his lies also need to go, completely stripped from high office. The likes of Eustice, Patel, Raab etc have all lied and lied again in their support for Johnson, if they haven't lied then they have otherwise completely misread what has occurred at the top of government thus rendering themselves not worthy of high office on grounds of stupidity.

I think there are too few Tory MP's with the intelligence and ability to actually form a Cabinet and so we have to look to Labour or, maybe a coalition of national unity in order to undo the last ten years of financial and social decline. We have increasing poverty and reduced public services and a low wage economy which will result in some form of revolution if things continue.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
They're still on NSC, just completely ignoring the political threads as they don't want to appear stupid (with one notable exception :dunce:)

Because, if they admit now that they have been backing a proven lying, duplicitous, unscrupulous, self obsessed, deceitful, unprincipled, corrupt, egotistical ****, you could see that it may be a tad embarrassing.

But it's the next realisation that Johnson must have changed sometime after this superb economic strategist, excellent international negotiator, master of diplomacy and brilliant leader of the UK Government that they supported throughout the referendum, his leadership bid and the General Election into that proven lying, duplicitous, unscrupulous, self obsessed, deceitful, unprincipled, corrupt, egotistical ****. Because the only other alternative is that he has taken them all for complete mugs for the last 7 years without them realising, and that definitely couldn't be true, could it :shrug:

Here you go geezer.

I want Boris ousted as PM, and whether he is or isn’t I will not be voting Tory at the next election.

I voted for him last time even though I thought he was a buffoon. He was the only leader offering both clarity on Brexit and promising to carry out the vote consequences. Others were talking of ignoring the vote or fudging in some way or other. I voted against Brexit, but felt it important that the spirit of the referendum was respected.

I have often said that two terms Tory v one term Labour would possibly be a good outcome for the UK over the longer term, stopping the excesses of one and too much damage from the other. I think it is despicable of Johnson not to resign right now, but believe it will make no difference in the medium term as the electorate will not forget the crass, uncaring behaviour currently on display from this set of Tories.

But a word of caution. NSC seems to have become a sounding board for people actually hating all Tories, and tarring them all with the same brush. There are those who will not be missed, PPF for instance, but the demonisation of normal people with an opposing political views is not something to be proud of, sounds a little to much like communism. It is also worth bearing in mind that a small percentage of former Tory voters will be needed to achieve a Labour majority. So from here to the next GE Keir Starmer will have my support on most matters, unless he strays into Corbyn territory of course.

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Unfortunately you are correct. I was drunk as a lord last night.

I will say though that just because a party is voted in, albeit through a very shaky plurality system, it does not mean that they govern in a fair and democratic fashion. Look at this government;

Elected on the strength of lies and have lied ever since.

You can call it democracy if you like. I shan’t.

Shouldn't that be drunk as a Civil Servant at a work meeting?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you are thinking of voting tactically to remove a sitting Tory MP, then you are part of a radical hard left alliance.
I deliberately left the psychologist's reply in this post.

[tweet]1529741006660313089[/tweet]

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
But a word of caution. NSC seems to have become a sounding board for people actually hating all Tories, and tarring them all with the same brush. There are those who will not be missed, PPF for instance, but the demonisation of normal people with an opposing political views is not something to be proud of, sounds a little to much like communism. It is also worth bearing in mind that a small percentage of former Tory voters will be needed to achieve a Labour majority. So from here to the next GE Keir Starmer will have my support on most matters, unless he strays into Corbyn territory of course.

That applies equally to both Tory voters and Tory MPs. There *are* decent Tory MPs in Parliament currently. More of them than we might assume, but they've seen what happened the last time a group of Tories got too vocal against the group that currently holds power (having the whip removed). Sometimes it is better to keep your head down and work quietly from the inside than it is to speak up. They'll be biding their time. If that 54 letters trigger is reached, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the resultant vote of no confidence with a whole lot more than 54 in favour of removing Boris.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Here you go geezer.

I want Boris ousted as PM, and whether he is or isn’t I will not be voting Tory at the next election.

I voted for him last time even though I thought he was a buffoon. He was the only leader offering both clarity on Brexit and promising to carry out the vote consequences. Others were talking of ignoring the vote or fudging in some way or other. I voted against Brexit, but felt it important that the spirit of the referendum was respected.

I have often said that two terms Tory v one term Labour would possibly a good outcome for the UK over the longer term, stopping the excesses of one and too much damage from the other. I think it is dispicable of Johnson not to resign right now, but believe it will make no difference in the medium term as the electorate will not forget the crass, uncaring behaviour currently on display from this set of Tories.

So, you voted for someone you knew was a buffoon because he said he would 'Get Brexit Done'. It should hardly come as a surprise then that the buffoon still hasn't, and now has an unimplementable Northern Irish Protocol about to blow up in his face, can't 'Take Back Control' of borders because his import controls, according to JRM are 'an act of self-harm', has raging food costs, dying exports, shortages of care staff etc etc etc. I hate to be the one to break it to you but 'Get Brexit Done' was a simple lie and you got taken in by it/him.

But now you want to change your mind and get rid of him. Excellent :thumbsup: Only another 2.5 years to go then.

And this isn't a Tory/Labour thing as I have stated numerous times, I have voted for candidates from all the major parties over the years and I'm guessing (it's a lot of years) that my Labour/Tory votes are probably about even, maybe a little more blue than red.

This is about the simple stupidity of backing again and again, a proven lying, duplicitous, unscrupulous, self obsessed, deceitful, unprincipled, corrupt, egotistical **** who had a history of being a proven lying, duplicitous, unscrupulous, self obsessed, deceitful, unprincipled, corrupt, egotistical **** long before 2015 and then being surprised to find out you've been backing a proven lying, duplicitous, unscrupulous, self obsessed, deceitful, unprincipled, corrupt, egotistical ****

Make no mistake, this isn't political, this is personal.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Here you go geezer.

I have often said that two terms Tory v one term Labour would possibly a good outcome for the UK over the longer term, stopping the excesses of one and too much damage from the other. I think it is dispicable of Johnson not to resign right now, but believe it will make no difference in the medium term as the electorate will not forget the crass, uncaring behaviour currently on display from this set of Tories.

I'm not sure anyone on this forum hates ALL Tories, just all those that support this current shambles of a self-serving government.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would like to see an unprecedented campaign against this government now. Booed, egged wherever they go. Every paper running constant pictures of Johnson breaking the law, testimony from those that were there and are speaking out, demolished and called a liar and a cheat on every interview he attends. Boo’d into silence every time he opens his mouth in Parliament.
Basically make his and party’s life an absolute misery. They aren’t going anywhere so let’s have some fun at their expense.

No eggings. No student japes. No 'tory scum' ejaculations. Just constant scrutiny and measured criticism. We have only one way to remove this shameful gang and that is at the ballot box.

Meanwhile we have to stand firm, and not be distracted by your typical hard tory lickspittal who claims that anyone opposed to the Johnson gang is part of a Hard Left Alliance (etc.).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That applies equally to both Tory voters and Tory MPs. There *are* decent Tory MPs in Parliament currently. More of them than we might assume, but they've seen what happened the last time a group of Tories got too vocal against the group that currently holds power (having the whip removed). Sometimes it is better to keep your head down and work quietly from the inside than it is to speak up. They'll be biding their time. If that 54 letters trigger is reached, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the resultant vote of no confidence with a whole lot more than 54 in favour of removing Boris.

Yes, Johnson got rid of 21 of his own MPs who dared to speak against him, trying to prevent a No Deal, not even preventing Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49563357

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This video is 9 minutes long, but is well worth your time as a summary bristling with cold fury from Andrew Marr

[tweet]1529514930529001475[/tweet]

The shackles are off now, when someone lies he call it out and no more false equivalents like it was at the Beeb.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It’s OK. Now I understand why our Prime Minister did what he did. He was displaying great leadership through attending and condoning leaving parties for staff and other work ‘events’ to boost morale of Downing Street staff (the most essential of all his duties as the leader of our entire country).

There is no doubt that it was a genuinely difficult time to be in government, which of course absolutely explains why people were allowed to gather until the small hours, drinking plenty of morale-boosting wine and singing morale-boosting karaoke classics. It was clearly a far more difficult time to be employed in Downing Street than for those families that were unable to be with their loved ones in their final days and hours. Those families’ morale could take care of itself, right? The nation’s morale could whistle, as long as the Downing Street SPADs, spin doctors and flunkies could get wasted and break the swing in #10’s garden. There is obviously no other way for a leader to boost morale than through parties.

It is good to know that Johnson believes that an employer’s “essential duty to recognise achievement and preserve morale” is more important than, say, the duty of a wife or husband to be with and comfort their spouse on their death bed. Or a father’s duty to be with his other half throughout a long and distressing labour. Otherwise, how would somebody responsible for making one illegal feel it was his ‘essential duty’ to do the other?

Johnson says it was “an important part of his role to say goodbye to departing colleagues”. Was this a more important part of his role as Prime Minister than abiding by the rules he himself introduced? A more important part of his role than not breaking the law? A more important part of his role than showing moral leadership to a nation in the grip of a crisis?

Every time he opens his mouth to try and justify what he did, every time he claims to ‘take full responsibility’, it just makes me angrier at the way in which he just takes the nation for fools.

The one silver lining is that the shambles of a party he leads has no credible alternative, so the clown will still be in post for the next general election. That gives the best possible chance of getting this bunch out. If he gets in again, then frankly there’s no hope and the country deserves to go even further down the pan.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No eggings. No student japes. No 'tory scum' ejaculations. Just constant scrutiny and measured criticism. We have only one way to remove this shameful gang and that is at the ballot box.

Meanwhile we have to stand firm, and not be distracted by your typical hard tory lickspittal who claims that anyone opposed to the Johnson gang is part of a Hard Left Alliance (etc.).

In principal, I agree. But it doesn’t work.

Time to take it to the mattresses.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looks like a cave in on a windfall tax, something that voted against just 9 days ago in parliament. Desperate...

They stand for nothing and no doubt their sycophants will now be cheering the Labour policy from the rooftops. They will fall for anything

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unfortunately you are correct. I was drunk as a lord last night.

I will say though that just because a party is voted in, albeit through a very shaky plurality system, it does not mean that they govern in a fair and democratic fashion. Look at this government;

Elected on the strength of lies and have lied ever since.

You can call it democracy if you like. I shan’t.

But they (he) wasn't as honest as the day is long only to then be corrupted by power.

We knew what we were getting, and 'we' still voted for it anyway.

In much the same way The Labour Party knew what it would happen if it presented to the electorate a creditable alternative.

We have the choice of:-

One party so desperate to govern it should automatically lose the right to do so.
&
One party so desperate to not govern it would rather tear itself apart than lead.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks like a cave in on a windfall tax, something that voted against just 9 days ago in parliament. Desperate...

They stand for nothing and no doubt their sycophants will now be cheering the Labour policy from the rooftops. They will fall for anything

........yet another calculated attention-deflector/distraction as he tries to bluff his way out. If this was a Yes Minister script people would say it's too far removed from reality to be credible :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here