Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I had to turn it off thought she was awful at interviewing

What did you think of our Prime Minister’s “answers” to the questions though? (Before you switched off)

I find it amazing how many people when shown what our government are doing, play “attack the interviewer” instead of engaging with the subject under discussion.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I had to turn it off thought she was awful at interviewing

She obviously has an intense dislike for him and/or his Govt - but I thought she did well in at least trying to get past all the bluff and bluster crap that he comes out with as per standard.
Pushing for straight answers when he started deviating, & not letting him waffle his way out of things. He looked pretty uncomfortable throughout tbh - & so he should be with whats gone on recently.
Utter shambles of a man, unfit to be a leader of a nation....and if thats not clearer than ever these days, then theres no hope for this country imo.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Set to lose up to 550 seats according to polls. It remains to be seen. The more they scam and cheat and lie, the more their hardcore supporters double down. I hope they all get a sound spanking. The party and their gormless supporters.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Set to lose up to 550 seats according to polls. It remains to be seen. The more they scam and cheat and lie, the more their hardcore supporters double down. I hope they all get a sound spanking. The party and their gormless supporters.

Last week the Telegraph said they could lose up to 800 seats, now it is down to 550. It's all about expectations. Announce a very high number so when they 'only' lose 400 seats, they can boast and say it wasn't as bad as they expected, and mid term losses are normal.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
She obviously has an intense dislike for him and/or his Govt - but I thought she did well in at least trying to get past all the bluff and bluster crap that he comes out with as per standard.
Pushing for straight answers when he started deviating, & not letting him waffle his way out of things. He looked pretty uncomfortable throughout tbh - & so he should be with whats gone on recently.
Utter shambles of a man, unfit to be a leader of a nation....and if thats not clearer than ever these days, then theres no hope for this country imo.

You have expressed my opinion on the interview and the PM better than I could; thank you!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

The country has been on a self made slippery slope for at least 15 years.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You seem to be on your own on this one. I didn't see the interview but from what I've read, she's been universally praised for some tough questioning.

Yes but If you don't like your favourite clown being made to look uncomfortable its easier to dislike the interviewer :rolleyes:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I just felt her hatred was getting in the way, she was clearly very angry, but I felt she was going from one subject to the next so quickly. I suppose there was so little substance back from the bumbling idiot maybe that's how it had to be

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1521390442050465792[/tweet]

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Last week the Telegraph said they could lose up to 800 seats, now it is down to 550. It's all about expectations. Announce a very high number so when they 'only' lose 400 seats, they can boast and say it wasn't as bad as they expected, and mid term losses are normal.

Key point there. The Telegraph reported the projected 800 losses. The paper is effectively an adjunct of the Conservative Party and has placed the story solely to manage expectations and, as you say, provide cover for them to project it as some sort of win when they lose half that number.

The majority of wards up for grabs are in areas already largely held by Labour. They can’t gain seats they already hold so it would take an electoral catastrophe for the Conservatives to lose 800.

Cynical (but effective) stuff from the client journalists.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A majority of Tory voters will vote Tory come what may, but I think a significant chunk will choose not to vote. That way, the Tories will receive a bloody nose without their supporters throwing the punch.

What I'd like to see is the other parties getting their message across about what the alternative government would look like. The electorate needs hope. You could see Blair's 1997 landslide election coming two years ahead of time as the political landscape changed. I think Labour, Lib Dems and Greens will all do well in these local elections, but the narrative needs to change away from Tory sleaze and onto policies that will help people overcome the Cost Of Living Crisis and a bungled Brexit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
[tweet]1521390442050465792[/tweet]

They just count on people forgetting about these things. As a way of a avoiding issues it’s on a parr with ignoring your bills. It’ll work for a while but you’ll lose your home eventually.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Labour should have had billboards, double page spreads and a TV campaign listing all the ****-ups, crimes and lies perpetrated by the Tory’s. Really smashed it home. I fear they have done far too little, far too late. Remain campaign all over again. Woefully inadequate.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How many seats do the Tories need to lose to see a leadership contest triggered? What do people think?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Quick someone get another dead cat :rolleyes:

Boris Johnson abandons hopes of sending first asylum-seekers to Rwanda within ‘weeks’

No 10 admits it will now be ‘months’ before any refugees crossing Channel are deported – potentially after peak summer season. Boris Johnson has abandoned his aim to send the first asylum-seekers to Rwanda this month, in the first sign of the controversial deportation plan hitting trouble. Asked why the timetable is “slipping”, the spokesperson pointed to legal challenges against the policy – while also insisting court action would not put it “on hold”.

Although it was initially briefed that only single men would be flown out, the home secretary Priti Patel has since admitted that women and children could also be sent. She has also refused to reveal the likely colossal cost of the policy, beyond an initial £120m to be handed to Rwanda under the “partnership” deal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/rwanda-refugees-deport-boris-johnson-b2070526.html

So still no costs, timetables or volumes ?

Just a £120M backhander to Rwanda in order to keep partygate off the front pages for a couple of days ? Absolute Bargain :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here