Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Have we posted this one yet? I just can't keep up.

[tweet]1520786559179575296[/tweet]

"I'ts been a really strong competition this year, and a very difficult decision to make, all the contestants could have been worthy winners, but we had to make a choice and we have decided that in recognition of not just this years efforts, but his continual attempts to return the UK to the 1970's there can be no other winner than........ Philip Davies MP! Come on up Phil and meet Jim Davidson and receive your Geo-Fenced Wife Tethering Device, to ensure that she can never leave the Kitchen unless she is going to the Bedroom." "This award is sponsored by GB News"

Next up, another two strongly contested awards, Brown Nose of the year, and Largest Backhander.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Proof of outright lying on Twitter from two Conservative MPs.

Nadine Dorries and Michael Fabricant are both quoting the Daily Mail article, showing Keir Starmer having a curry, but have cut out the man on his left. That is because the Guardian photo is from 2015, in Euston, and the gentleman on his left is the late Frank Dobson, who died in 2019.
The 'delivery driver' cannot be contacted, strangely.

[tweet]1521038766835748864[/tweet]

[tweet]1520886236797444097[/tweet]

The original photo from the Guardian

View attachment 147472

Almost unbelievable! :facepalm: presumably there is some legal recourse available here. Just before an election, that is an absolute disgrace :nono:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just seen the Mail front page for tomorrow

“Starmer shares lockdown curry withe ex-minister Zombie”

Hypocrite Leader of the Opposition in undead attended booze up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Proof of outright lying on Twitter from two Conservative MPs.

Nadine Dorries and Michael Fabricant are both quoting the Daily Mail article, showing Keir Starmer having a curry, but have cut out the man on his left. That is because the Guardian photo is from 2015, in Euston, and the gentleman on his left is the late Frank Dobson, who died in 2019.
The 'delivery driver' cannot be contacted, strangely.

[tweet]1521038766835748864[/tweet]

[tweet]1520886236797444097[/tweet]

The original photo from the Guardian

View attachment 147472
Tory dirty tricks.

Absolutely desperate election tactics now.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's politically divisive and on the MAIN board, what could go wrong.:wrong::wrong:

If you wish to start a political binfest where you can troll and bait, you are able to start one in the bear pit. Then maybe you can stop whinging like a ninny on here. This is a thread highlighting the dumpster fire that is our government. It does what it says in the title. If the content upsets or triggers you, you can can always join Ppf in the pit to discuss GB “news” and watch videos of that ginger sex-pest he creams his panties over. I’m sure he’d appreciate the company.

Last edited:

Jul 20, 2003
Just think, with 56 MPs under investigation for sexual offences, they could have a Sex Pest award.

Checked with a friend who did a few summer's as a Club 18-30 rep to see if they had similar.

They didn't.

(I reckon they probably did .... But they were Club 18-30 reps, not MPs)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Almost unbelievable! :facepalm: presumably there is some legal recourse available here. Just before an election, that is an absolute disgrace :nono:

I am really not getting my hopes up for crushing defeats for the Tory’s. Fabricated stories like this will still be believed by a HUGE chunk of the electorate, coupled with fools who think Brexit is going well and those who genuinely think Johnson has done and is doing a wonderful job. Some people actually believe he defeated Covid in the U.K.
They have a significant and useful lump of deluded supporters who will be out to vote. I have little faith in people to do the decent thing.

Jul 20, 2003
Just think, with 56 MPs under investigation for sexual offences, they could have a Sex Pest award.

while I am not by nature an authoritarian I would hope that If more than 10% of any subset of the nation were under investigation for sexual harassment then .....

Oh.:facepalm:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
They have a significant and useful lump of deluded supporters who will be out to vote. I have little faith in people to do the decent thing.

Indeedy. Even after having the fraudulent photo explained to them, the response will be "but it is right in spirit".

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They are panicking locally in Wandsworth.

I've just moved house, they know not to come anywhere near my last one.

On the day I moved in I was handed a letter saying that if the Tories lost the council it would cost me an extra £1000 a year.

I ripped it up.

It's all complete rubbish. The council aren't legally allowed to increase council tax by that much.

Historically decent local representatives quite happy to spin lies, presumably on order from central office.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Daily Mail continuing to chase an imaginary Rabbit down a hole this morning re Starmer.....

it was pointed out we are now in a world where Starmer somehow must prove his innocence despite being vindicated by the police yet Johnson and his cronies insist he's innocent despite being fined by the police and found guilty !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Daily Mail continuing to chase an imaginary Rabbit down a hole this morning re Starmer.....

it was pointed out we are now in a world where Starmer somehow must prove his innocence despite being vindicated by the police yet Johnson and his cronies insist he's innocent despite being fined by the police and found guilty !

The law says the burden of proof lies with the accuser. As head of the CPS for five years, Sir Keir Starmer will know this, and just ignore it.

Boris Johnson had an interview with Susanna Reid on GMB this morning. Susanna Reid has just Boris Johnson a story about a 77 year old woman who rides around on buses all day because she can’t afford to heat her home.

Johnson: “I actually introduced the freedom bus pass.”

Another lie. It was introduced in 1973 and revamped under a Labour government.
[tweet]1521400986614759425[/tweet]

Just think about it. When asked about Elsie, instead of sympathising with her predicament (knowing his government have removed the Triple Lock on pensions, thus breaking a manifesto promise) he points to himself as the saviour of the old, by telling lies about the bus pass.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just in case you thought I was representing Boris Johnson unfairly, here is the clip.

[tweet]1521402532857274370[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Mud slinging is the Tories' only tactic now for the local elections.

Unfortunately some mud will stick for those that are desperate for their sticky mud fix.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

:lolol::cry:

it's orwellian

i don't know whether to laugh or cry!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Just in case you thought I was representing Boris Johnson unfairly, here is the clip.

[tweet]1521402532857274370[/tweet]

holy shamoly, and still people are scrabbling around for any lame reason to vote tory without looking like the bad man. some people simply have no shame. what say you [MENTION=522]Kinky Gerbils[/MENTION]?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The law says the burden of proof lies with the accuser. As head of the CPS for five years, Sir Keir Starmer will know this, and just ignore it.

Boris Johnson had an interview with Susanna Reid on GMB this morning. Susanna Reid has just Boris Johnson a story about a 77 year old woman who rides around on buses all day because she can’t afford to heat her home.

Johnson: “I actually introduced the freedom bus pass.”

Another lie. It was introduced in 1973 and revamped under a Labour government.
[tweet]1521400986614759425[/tweet]

Just think about it. When asked about Elsie, instead of sympathising with her predicament (knowing his government have removed the Triple Lock on pensions, thus breaking a manifesto promise) he points to himself as the saviour of the old, by telling lies about the bus pass.

It is staggeringly poor form, has there ever been an English politician with lower standards and less scruples?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
holy shamoly, and still people are scrabbling around for any lame reason to vote tory without looking like the bad man. some people simply have no shame. what say you [MENTION=522]Kinky Gerbils[/MENTION]?

It's because, for some (not just Tories), politics is as tribal as football. You've got your team and that's it from birth to death, whether they're shit or brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here