Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
not the same thing is it, otherwise why would we need them?

Mr P has full control and can push that red button anytime, Merkel (or whoever the new bloke is) cannot.

Alliances like NATO aren't (meant to) be about the bloc needing one country, it's about the country needing the strength of the alliance. If Germany was nuked, by a hostile country, it is then the duty of NATO to immediately respond.

The only thing is, this has never been tested. And Germany are being awfully coy about severing their Ostpolitik approach in terms of actual action. Some dark forces in the corridors of German government have very dodgy previous(?) allegiances to powerful people in Moscow.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Alliances like NATO aren't (meant to) be about the bloc needing one country, it's about the country needing the strength of the alliance. If Germany was nuked, by a hostile country, it is then the duty of NATO to immediately respond.

The only thing is, this has never been tested. And Germany are being awfully coy about severing their Ostpolitik approach in terms of actual action. Some dark forces in the corridors of German government have very dodgy previous(?) allegiances to powerful people in Moscow.

The point of nukes is only the threat, they'll never actually use them. If Putin had no nukes allied forces would already be involved and we would end it very quickly and Putin banged up in the Hague just like milosevic

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The point of nukes is only the threat, they'll never actually use them. If Putin had no nukes allied forces would already be involved and we would end it very quickly and Putin banged up in the Hague just like milosevic

Very true, sadly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Am I right in thinking that "Libertarian" is just a cosy name for "everyone for themselves" ?

It also means they like dressing up as Nazis and spanking each other ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're right, but it is bizarre that someone who hides behind Christianity has those views!

Some people hide behind christianity in the same way that others (actually, often the same people) hide behind patriotism, St George, family values, and the virtues of heterosexuality.

Until they are caught in a motel, dressed in their wife's undies..... :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
not the same thing is it, otherwise why would we need them?

Mr P has full control and can push that red button anytime, Merkel (or whoever the new bloke is) cannot.

Ho ho ho! I'm surprised you asked that one (unless I have been whooshed - quite possible).

It is an element of tory doctrine that we MUST have an independent nuclear deterrent.

That's it.

Everyone knows we would never use it unless the Americans gave us the go-ahead, so it isn't even sodding independent.

If it were used 'independently' the UK would be a radioactive wasteland an hour after launch, owing to our being twatted by the Russians.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ho ho ho! I'm surprised tou asked that one (unless I have been whooshed - quite possible).

It is an element of tory doctrine that we MUST have an independent nuclear deterrent.

That's it.

Everyone knows we would never use it unless the Americans gave us the go-ahead, so it isn't even sodding independent.

If it were used 'independently' the UK would be a radioactive wasteland an hour after launch, owing to our being twatted by the Russians.

Yeah, but ever since I've been buying tiger shit off that bloke who comes round every fortnight there hasn't even been a hint of an elephant on my lawn ???

Should that be on the gardening thread ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah, but ever since I've been buying tiger shit off that bloke who comes round every fortnight there hasn't even been a hint of an elephant on my lawn ???

Should that be on the gardening thread ?

As with ourselves, I don't seem to recall Switzerland or Belgium being invaded by Russia either. They have no tiger shit, independently owned or not.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Plans to ditch Boris Johnson as Tory leader and prime minister “sooner rather than later”, without waiting for a clear and obvious successor to emerge, are being advanced by a growing number of senior*Conservatives.

Amid mounting alarm at*the effects the Partygate scandal*could have on their electoral chances, high-ranking MPs are urging wavering colleagues not to dither because of worries about the succession, or Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, but rather to strike before it is too late.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Do you know what, I think I might just hate Jacob Rees-Mogg more than Boris Johnson. Just. Oh, who am I kidding, Michael Gove is the one.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the other clowns would do any better. The absolute state of Diane Abbott.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you know what, I think I might just hate Jacob Rees-Mogg more than Boris Johnson. Just. Oh, who am I kidding, Michael Gove is the one.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the other clowns would do any better. The absolute state of Diane Abbott.

Luckily the abbott is about as close to becoming labour leader as pretty pink fairy is about to become a volunteer for the RNLI.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Luckily the abbott is about as close to becoming labour leader as pretty pink fairy is about to become a volunteer for the RNLI.

The idea of her being in the cabinet and allowed to, you know, have any sort of influence on anything would be scary, if it weren't for this absolute shower of cretins we have presently.

I'm still a little scared.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

A publicly opinionated and ideological individual who a is good local MP getting stuff done, but shouldn't be anywhere near a Cabinet job and dealing with issues on a national basis.

There are many MPs on all sides who are like that, unfortunately the current Cabinet is packed with them.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is a prime example.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
The idea of her being in the cabinet and allowed to, you know, have any sort of influence on anything would be scary, if it weren't for this absolute shower of cretins we have presently.

But we have Liz 'no clue about Russian geography' Truss as Foreign minister and Jacob Rees Mogg as somehow in power. Yes, Dianne Abbott would not fit any fit and proper person test for cabinet membership, but sadly neither would most of the current crop !!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
But we have Liz 'no clue about Russian geography' Truss as Foreign minister and Jacob Rees Mogg as somehow in power. Yes, Dianne Abbott would not fit any fit and proper person test for cabinet membership, but sadly neither would most of the current crop !!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

And they're in the cabinet (not forgetting Dorries, the worst of the lot). Abbott has zero chance of being a Labour minister, let alone in the cabinet

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021

Unless you're still thinking Corbyn is still labour leader what on earth is the relevance of Diane Abbott to this thread?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here