Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Johnson genuinely believes he has done nothing wrong, why isn't HE the one out there defending himself on the news channels?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Boris Johnson broke lockdown laws, appears to believe rules do not apply to him and is creating an atmosphere of mistrust in politics that threatens the long-term democratic future of the UK, Sir John Major has said.

In a fierce and wide-ranging attack, Major said Johnson had regularly sent ministers out to “defend the indefensible”, with the truth seen as “optional”, and was badly tarnishing the UK’s reputation overseas with populist-style “megaphone diplomacy”.

The former Conservative prime minister also issued a barely veiled challenge for Tory MPs to remove Johnson, saying parliament “has a duty” to act in the face of the threats to trust and to institutions.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Pretty much the truth. You have to wonder at the contortions government ministers have to go though almost daily to defend their boss.
A little part of their Souls must die each time they claim that no parties took place or there was no alcohol or there was a cake " Ambush '!...the Weasel words that are twisted and reinterpreted to desperately try suggest there was no wrongdoing are incredible.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
anyone notice the Conservative political broadcast last night, not mention the leader in any form?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Johnson basically doesn't give a flying f**k, he's only interested in himself and satiating his own lusts and ego needs, he has no understanding or wish to understand the truth and he will keep going on and on ignoring or flattening anything that gets in his way until someone or something pretty heavyweight stops him.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Pretty much the truth. You have to wonder at the contortions government ministers have to go though almost daily to defend their boss.
A little part of their Souls must die each time they claim that no parties took place or there was no alcohol or there was a cake " Ambush '!...the Weasel words that are twisted and reinterpreted to desperately try suggest there was no wrongdoing are incredible.

I think they find it easy - I heard from an acquaintance of William Hague that he once said the scariest thing about Tony Blair was that whatever he said in any moment he absolutely believed to be the truth, even if it contradicted and was opposed to something he'd absolutely believed to be the truth 5 minutes earlier, and that was both what made him so effective (he never doubted his convictions) and flawed (he never doubted his convictions). I'd imagine it's a personality defect an increasing number of politicians now have because it makes them successful, and they are so rarely held accountable for it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I see that Scotland Yard have now said today that they are reviewing whether to investigate the party in yesterday's photo after previously saying they weren't :facepalm:

And this, after Johnson (i'm guessing not having seen the photo) claiming in Parliament yesterday that they already were :facepalm::facepalm:

I think that releasing these during PMQ's has made it even more entertaining, can't wait for next Wednesday. Whoever is doing it has brilliant comic timing :lolol:

Boris Johnson faces ‘drip drip’ of Downing Street partygate photos

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-downing-street-partygate-photos-police-john-major-b981824.html

So do his supporters keep supporting him even though it makes them look even more gullible with each passing day or do they turn on him making them look disloyal whilst also admitting they've been gullible. Tough call :wink:

Last edited:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Performed to an American audience but applies just the same to Johnson and his partners in crime

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I see that Scotland Yard have now said today that they are reviewing whether to investigate the party in yesterday's photo after previously saying they weren't :facepalm:

And this, after Johnson (i'm guessing not having seen the photo) claiming in Parliament yesterday that they already were :facepalm::facepalm:

I think that releasing these during PMQ's has made it even more entertaining, can't wait for next Wednesday. Whoever is doing it has brilliant comic timing :lolol:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-downing-street-partygate-photos-police-john-major-b981824.html

All this brouhaha about the Met is a complete and successful distraction. The reality is that Dick reports to Patel who thinks the sun shines out of Johnson's arse. I would imagine the behind the scenes pressure on Dick is enormous - the worst that will come out of it are a couple of parking fine style admonishments and Johnson will say "nothing to see here", we have to move on delivering the People's Agenda!!! And the world will let him get away with it again.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Johnson basically doesn't give a flying f**k, he's only interested in himself and satiating his own lusts and ego needs, he has no understanding or wish to understand the truth and he will keep going on and on ignoring or flattening anything that gets in his way until someone or something pretty heavyweight stops him.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All this brouhaha about the Met is a complete and successful distraction. The reality is that Dick reports to Patel who thinks the sun shines out of Johnson's arse. I would imagine the behind the scenes pressure on Dick is enormous - the worst that will come out of it are a couple of parking fine style admonishments and Johnson will say "nothing to see here", we have to move on delivering the People's Agenda!!! And the world will let him get away with it again.

Yep.

It’s 71 days since Johnson first had to address the party issue in the HoC. He’s be gone by now if anyone was planning on doing anything about him.
I wish they’d just drop it all now, waste of time.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
84 days until the May elections.

If Johnson isn't gone by then, Tory councillors need to feel the anger at the ballot box.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think they find it easy - I heard from an acquaintance of William Hague that he once said the scariest thing about Tony Blair was that whatever he said in any moment he absolutely believed to be the truth, even if it contradicted and was opposed to something he'd absolutely believed to be the truth 5 minutes earlier, and that was both what made him so effective (he never doubted his convictions) and flawed (he never doubted his convictions). I'd imagine it's a personality defect an increasing number of politicians now have because it makes them successful, and they are so rarely held accountable for it.
But Blair only had the one big lie though in his desperation to cosy up to Bush. Johnson lies perpetually across dozens of situations.

I come from a time when a politician would spout a general policy about trying to do something but couch it in a way that gave plenty of " Wriggle Room " in case that policy was undeliverable 6 months later.

Now we have a time of going from " There were no Parties " via many incremental changes to " I did not realise I was at a party. " So, which one of the several statements is the truth? ...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Well he did say he wanted to be Prime Minister because......

...he wanted to be Prime Minister.

View attachment 144918

You know what irks me most about the ****tard? His complete inability to wear a tie properly. Nanny clearly failed in her duties and he obviously hasn't worked out what the loop on the back of the front of the tie is for. It is tied way too tight so it distorts the collar and the knot goes in the centre, under the adams apple and in a line with the buttons on the shirt (always assuming he has managed to put his shirt on properly).

This idiot is going around Europe representing the UK dressed like he has just won third place in a Worzel Gummidge looky-likey competition.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Yup - the Met will spend many millions to collect fines of a few thousand and then we will maybe get the Gray Report..... that will tell us what we all knew anyway.

I'm not expecting the Met's investigation and therefore the publication of the Gray Report to happen anytime before 7 May though!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That’s going to be tricky. It’s rather reliant on the 12 pensioners in each constituency that bother to vote.

Your cynicism does you no favours. My other half stood for local councillor in 2007 for the Seagulls Party so we were at the count. 8 candidates of which 5 got over 400-500 votes each, and the other three still in the hundreds, so each constituency counting over 3,000 votes. That was a low turnout.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That’s going to be tricky. It’s rather reliant on the 12 pensioners in each constituency that bother to vote.

It could well be a significant event. In 1995 the conservatives lost over 2000 councillors in the local elections, which would've been something like 50% of sitting tory councillors that were up for re-election.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here