Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Your cynicism does you no favours. My other half stood for local councillor in 2007 for the Seagulls Party so we were at the count. 8 candidates of which 5 got over 400-500 votes each, and the other three still in the hundreds, so each constituency counting over 3,000 votes. That was a low turnout.

It could well be a significant event. In 1995 the conservatives lost over 2000 councillors in the local elections, which would've been something like 50% of sitting tory councillors that were up for re-election.

I think Johnson may well stimulate a very large turn out, he deserves one!

Knuckles suitably rapped. Yes, I was a little flippant and a decent turnout with significant Tory losses would certainly hit the party where it hurts.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You know what irks me most about the ****tard? His complete inability to wear a tie properly. Nanny clearly failed in her duties and he obviously hasn't worked out what the loop on the back of the front of the tie is for. It is tied way too tight so it distorts the collar and the knot goes in the centre, under the adams apple and in a line with the buttons on the shirt (always assuming he has managed to put his shirt on properly).

This idiot is going around Europe representing the UK dressed like he has just won third place in a Worzel Gummidge looky-likey competition.

It's when he meets important people like the NATO boss today, he looks like a fly tipped mattress and he has that stupid, gormless look on him, totally embarrassing.
Regarding the tie, I could help him out with that, I would like to tighten that knot up until he goes Tory blue.
I think he gets his suits and ties from Grace Brothers and Mr Humphries told him "don't worry sir that will ride up with wear"

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Met chief says stopping illegal parties was not job for police guarding No 10.

In her interview with Eddie Nestor on BBC Radio London, Dame Cressida Dick, the Metropolitan police commissioner, said it was not the job of officers guarding Downing Street to prevent illegal parties.

She would not say whether the police officers who protect the building knew about the gatherings now being investigated by the Met because they seem to have broken lockdown rules.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

taz

Feb 18, 2015
84 days until the May elections.

If Johnson isn't gone by then, Tory councillors need to feel the anger at the ballot box.
nothing unusual about a government losing public support mid term, but when it comes to the crunch nobody in their right mind will vote for trotskyists labour and put them in charge of their money how ever well they hide behind their front PR man starmer and call someone with a bit of tinsel round their neck a Christmas party

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
nothing unusual about a government losing public support mid term, but when it comes to the crunch nobody in their right mind will vote for trotskyists labour and put them in charge of their money how ever well they hide behind their front PR man starmer and call someone with a bit of tinsel round their neck a Christmas party

...aaaaaaaand it's this kind of bellendry which keeps the Tories in power.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Hmmm Tory IQ? I think I got the jist of this nonsense after rearrange this words into a coherent sentence.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think they find it easy - I heard from an acquaintance of William Hague that he once said the scariest thing about Tony Blair was that whatever he said in any moment he absolutely believed to be the truth, even if it contradicted and was opposed to something he'd absolutely believed to be the truth 5 minutes earlier, and that was both what made him so effective (he never doubted his convictions) and flawed (he never doubted his convictions). I'd imagine it's a personality defect an increasing number of politicians now have because it makes them successful, and they are so rarely held accountable for it.

With Blair (and a bloke I work with) he sincerely believes his own lies. And they both have immense plausibility and charisma. My colleague has never admitted to anything he's he's said or done, and blanks all evidence.

Johnson knows he's lying and doesn't care. Have a look at the old HIGNFY when he had his collar felt over Darius Guppy. He smirked and said something like 'bang to rights, you've got me'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think they find it easy - I heard from an acquaintance of William Hague that he once said the scariest thing about Tony Blair was that whatever he said in any moment he absolutely believed to be the truth, even if it contradicted and was opposed to something he'd absolutely believed to be the truth 5 minutes earlier, and that was both what made him so effective (he never doubted his convictions) and flawed (he never doubted his convictions). I'd imagine it's a personality defect an increasing number of politicians now have because it makes them successful, and they are so rarely held accountable for it.

I differ a little on this. Johnson doesn't care about the truth, he cares about power and ego, legacy, etc, which is all in keeping with his relativism and 'great man' theory of history.
Blair did have strong convictions, and was far more rooted than Johnson, not just in the Third Way nonsense, but also in Christianity. I know there are plenty of others that would disagree with this, but I think he really did believe Saddam had WMD, largely because the process and those that he was ingratiated with all wanted to believe this. This to me is something entirely different from the charge that he is/was a liar. I don't think he is. Johnson, on the other hand, ...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
....always assuming he has managed to put his shirt on properly.

Still work in progress, I'm afraid. Once he's mastered buttons, we plan to move onto ties.

34425302-8842777-image-m-36_1602761083445.jpg

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
With Blair (and a bloke I work with) he sincerely believes his own lies. And they both have immense plausibility and charisma. My colleague has never admitted to anything he's he's said or done, and blanks all evidence.

Johnson knows he's lying and doesn't care. Have a look at the old HIGNFY when he had his collar felt over Darius Guppy. He smirked and said something like 'bang to rights, you've got me'.

Great point and an important distinction - with Johnson (and Rees-Mogg and Gove as other immediate examples) it's seems much more deliberate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

What were Trotsky's policies? How do they differ from Marxism?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Russia don't think very much of Liz Truss. This is brutal.
Looks like Liz Truss’ Moscow trip has not gone down well with Lavrov, who said UK diplomats came “unprepared” to their meeting and said it was “like a mute talking to a deaf person”

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1491724760195207168

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Met chief says stopping illegal parties was not job for police guarding No 10.

In her interview with Eddie Nestor on BBC Radio London, Dame Cressida Dick, the Metropolitan police commissioner, said it was not the job of officers guarding Downing Street to prevent illegal parties.

She would not say whether the police officers who protect the building knew about the gatherings now being investigated by the Met because they seem to have broken lockdown rules.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Wait, so the police no longer believe it's their job to prevent crime happening?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Russia don't think very much of Liz Truss. This is brutal.
Looks like Liz Truss’ Moscow trip has not gone down well with Lavrov, who said UK diplomats came “unprepared” to their meeting and said it was “like a mute talking to a deaf person”

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1491724760195207168

I saw this but the Russians would seek to undermine any UK or European politician. They know there is a constituency over here very receptive to this message and this narrative very much matches Russian interests. All a part of the Phoney/Cold War.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here