Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
View attachment 144463

This piece of non-news has been a Sticky at top of BBC website for over 12 hours now, despite not even making Top Ten in Most Read tab. Anybody else smell fish? ???

Boris will try and look as Prime Ministerial as possible to deflect attention and move on from Partygate. This could place the UK in a very central position in the Ukraine crisis. Would he risk upping the ante re conflict to save his own skin? You bet he would. The man is dangerous and needs to go now.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Boris will try and look as Prime Ministerial as possible to deflect attention and move on from Partygate. This could place the UK in a very central position in the Ukraine crisis. Would he risk upping the ante re conflict to save his own skin? You bet he would. The man is dangerous and needs to go now.

he would
he is
he should

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

[tweet]1487459137353101324[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Seems reasonably sensible whenever I have seen him on TV. No doubt the twitterati will be along soon to highlight some massive potential skeletons in his cupboard.

They'll be focusing on his remainer sensibilities and trying to convince everyone he wants to sell Britain to Brussels for some magic beans and a Jeremy Corbyn canvas box print.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
which book do you recomemed

If you like monologues and social commentaries- 'A life like other people's'

It's a biography, poignant and very witty at times. When he talked about his Mum's dementia I was very tearful, because he was describing my distress for me.

In fact, here he is reading an extract on World Book Night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr1abGhLQsQ

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I’ll have to read more about him before I form an opinion but Tom Tugendhat has thrown his hat into the ring. Former soldier and remainer at heart. So far so good? What do I need to know?

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-throw-hat-into-leadership-ring-boris-johnson

I think all of the Tories that head the Parliamentary Select Committees come across well (see Tobias Elwood and Damian Collins as just two examples, for instance). In no small part that's because they have to work collaboratively with other parliamentarians.
Speaking of which, I'm not the greatest fan of our 'constitution', but the PSCs have been an excellent addition, engaging in proper scrutiny not only of government but also the powerful and influential.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I think all of the Tories that head the Parliamentary Select Committees come across well (see Tobias Elwood and Damian Collins as just two examples, for instance). In no small part that's because they have to work collaboratively with other parliamentarians.
Speaking of which, I'm not the greatest fan of our 'constitution', but the PSCs have been an excellent addition, engaging in proper scrutiny not only of government but also the powerful and influential.[/QUOTE]

THIS ^

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Heard a lovely little puff piece from Liz Truss the other day, she was right behind Boris as " He is leading the West's response to the Ukraine crisis .... "

Obviously he isn't but he needs all the help he can get, I'm pretty sure all the major players in the Ukraine crisis can see Johnson for the idiotic buffoon he really is, they don't have a version of the Daily Mail/Daily Express in other countries singing his praises , European leaders and Biden have met him at G7's and other summits and can see him for the **** he is. Besides, he has no moral high ground thanks to his party being funded by Russians !

Stand easy, there is no way that Johnson could escalate the situation to strengthen his position in the UK, he's highly likely to escalate the situation by saying something stupid though, lets hope the main players let him play on the fringes with his busses.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Heard a lovely little puff piece from Liz Truss the other day, she was right behind Boris as " He is leading the West's response to the Ukraine crisis .... "

Obviously he isn't but he needs all the help he can get, I'm pretty sure all the major players in the Ukraine crisis can see Johnson for the idiotic buffoon he really is, they don't have a version of the Daily Mail/Daily Express in other countries singing his praises , European leaders and Biden have met him at G7's and other summits and can see him for the **** he is. Besides, he has no moral high ground thanks to his party being funded by Russians !

Stand easy, there is no way that Johnson could escalate the situation to strengthen his position in the UK, he's highly likely to escalate the situation by saying something stupid though, lets hope the main players let him play on the fringes with his busses.

I only caught a bit of something about him and Ukraine the other day. Something about him 'uniting the west' or 'pulling together as Europe', which I thought was HILARIOUS, given he was the one that effectively told Europe to do one! :lolol: :dunce:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If you like monologues and social commentaries- 'A life like other people's'

It's a biography, poignant and very witty at times. When he talked about his Mum's dementia I was very tearful, because he was describing my distress for me.

In fact, here he is reading an extract on World Book Night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr1abGhLQsQ

thanks. I am aware of his writings and there have been various presentations of his monologues on TV but his work is not something I have delved into from a reading perspective.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I only caught a bit of something about him and Ukraine the other day. Something about him 'uniting the west' or 'pulling together as Europe', which I thought was HILARIOUS, given he was the one that effectively told Europe to do one! :lolol: :dunce:

Yes, absolute bollocks, he's a nonentity as far as the US, EU and Russia are concerned. They can see him for the moron he is.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes, absolute bollocks, he's a nonentity as far as the US, EU and Russia are concerned. They can see him for the moron he is.

A nonentity and a moron? You obviously don't believe in Britain and back 'Boris' enough [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION]. He's going to phone up Putin and tell him, in no uncertain terms, that if The Russian Federation invades Ukraine he's going to really, really, really, jolly well get cross and send him a letter telling him in no uncertain terms how cross he really is. That'll have The Kremlin and 150,000 Russian soldiers quaking in their boots. According to his chum from Eton College 'Dave', Johnson's a fighter don't forget.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thank you, NSC's World Political Correspondent

He’s right.

The rest of the world seems to have realised that Boris Johnson is a joke – isn't it about time we did too?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....leave-campaign-michael-gove-a7920416.html?amp

No. 10 is trying to cast him as some kind of Allied Forces leader and nobody is buying it. So yes, he’s seen as a laughing stock.

‘Vain, fickle, hypocritical’: how Europe sees Boris Johnson after partygate

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....how-europe-sees-boris-johnson-after-partygate

Germany’s Süddeutsche Zeitung said in a brutal editorial that it had “only ever been a matter of time” before the British prime minister was exposed to one and all as the emperor with no clothes.

European media have concluded, painting a devastating picture of a “vain, fickle, hypocritical opportunist” with an “elastic relationship to the truth” who only ever “played at being prime minister”.

“Boris Johnson has never really changed,” the paper said. “He’s always been a seducer and a loudmouth. Always lied when it’s in his interest. He is the great illusionist of British politics.” Johnson’s “remorseful confessions” and “submissive contrition” would do little to change things, the paper said.
He may have “posed as Churchill” and looked like “the saviour of the kingdom” after his election victory in 2019, but unlike his historical hero, “Johnson has himself led Britain into an existential crisis, for which he bears full responsibility.
“He has not given up his frivolous, unserious nature. His fickleness is revealed in his government’s absence of strategy. Snobbery explains his lack of interest in the state of the country. Boris Johnson doesn’t govern, he plays at being prime minister.”

For France’s Le Monde, the last couple of months have proved “calamitous” for a “bumbling politician” whose faults – “opportunism, no attention to detail, an elastic relationship with the truth” – everyone seemed ready to forgive, until now.

“Boris Johnson Is a Terrible Leader”. - The New York Times.

Pretty damning. Not a man anyone is going let take the reigns in war negotiations I’m happy to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here