Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I emailed my MP, Sir John Redwood about it this morning and got some cut and past drivel as a response. I know it was a cut and past, because it answered none of my questions.

Does not change my opion of him anyway as I always thought he was a **nt.

Sir, you are a fine judge of character

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Write to your MP especially if your MP is a Conservative the PM must resign, enough is enough, unless we the public express our views nothing will change

I emailed my MP, Sir John Redwood about it this morning and got some cut and past drivel as a response. I know it was a cut and past, because it answered none of my questions.

Does not change my opion of him anyway as I always thought he was a **nt.

Been there, done that. I would be better off talking to the dead cat than Nus Ghani.

I emailed Mims Davies about the Patterson thing the other week and basically got the Nuremberg defence in reply so what's the point.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I emailed Mims Davies about the Patterson thing the other week and basically got the Nuremberg defence in reply so what's the point.

The point is, that whilst your MP will send you a stock reply or ignore you altogether, the greater the number of outraged constituents that write to them about a subject, the more likely they are to fear for their own seat or majority and actually do something.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

because that is how you can engage with your MP, register the disent for them first hand. or you can just wait to put a X in the box.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Me too, with the same outcome.

Since 2015 on no occasion on any topic has that woman voted against government lines. I assume she believes absolutely, in every debate, they represent her own considered opinion and the best interests of her constituents

What can you do with someone like that? A sycophant of the highest order......

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Maybe you aren't as it is Mrs, I believe..

do not worry. It is a football forum and my username is not obvious of gender. My unconscious bias asumes people who post on here are male as well, so I will not get upset when other posters do that to me. If it did I would change my account to "femalegull" or something that helps out other posters.

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

My MP is James Gray, Wiltshire. He always replies to my complaints but NEVER engages in a proper discussion. He is a Boris flag-waver and his replies show no chink in the Tory armour of arrogance. Writing to him has proven a waste of time in his safe Tory seat I'm not a party voter: I have voted for all the main parties over my decades - it depends who I think is the least worst option for the next 5 years.
But I will write one more time before putting his weekly email reports on ignore.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Write to your MP especially if your MP is a Conservative the PM must resign, enough is enough, unless we the public express our views nothing will change
Good idea.

I've never written my MP before but I think a brief to the point letter about how furious I am about the partying in Downing Street while the rest of us were forbidden is most appropriate. I'll email him today.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I'm fully expecting this bloke to turn up at the next press conference.

Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
...and hopefully a sense of regret and shame; probably not though.

I sincerely doubt it.

Fun Fact 1:
James Forsyth is the Political Editor of The Spectator.

Fun Fact 2:
He's been married to Allegra Stratton since 2011.

Fun fact 3:
Rishi Sunak was Forsyth's best man at his wedding to Stratton and the Sunaks and the Forsyth/Strattons are god parents to each others children. Stratton was previously Sunak's Director of Strategic Communications.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here