Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Always surprised by her regular outburts. She was supposed to be a good friend of Cameron - that may be the reason.

It's interesting because I recall her some years ago heading up some Conservative group investigating the teaching of maths. I think she is simply a 'traditional conservative' who isn't afraid to call out what this current cabal have done to the party in recent years. Similar to Rory Stewart, Ken Clarke, Ian Hislop and quite a few others.

Or as they are now known, liberal, vegan, wokeist, guardian reading lefties :wink:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's interesting because I recall her some years ago heading up some Conservative group investigating the teaching of maths. I think she is simply a 'traditional conservative' who isn't afraid to call out what this current cabal have done to the party in recent years. Similar to Rory Stewart, Ken Clarke, Ian Hislop and quite a few others.

Or as they are now known, liberal, vegan, wokeist, guardian reading lefties :wink:

Retrospectively her notorious appearance on Question Time needs to be seen in new light :)

It was after that appearance she was defined as a raving Tory.

She clearly has a beef above the use of public money and "sleaze".

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Woking council has declared it is effectively bankrupt after admitting a risky investment spree involving hotels and skyscrapers overseen by its former Conservative administration had left it facing a deficit of £1.2bn.

The Surrey council, the most heavily indebted local authority in England, said it had issued a section 114 notice on Wednesday in response to “unprecedented financial challenges” facing the town.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Mid Sussex has a strong chance of going Lib Dem. The boundary has been redrawn, the strongest Tory vote has gone to the new EG and Uckfield constituency which is where the current Mid Sussex MP is scuttling off to. HH and BH went Lib Dem at the last local elections, Hassocks and Hurst are being folded into Mid Sussex and they are Lib Dem as well. Plus Tories lost control of Mid Sussex DC last month having had all 52 seats as recently as 2015. The tide is turning.
Ugh. I'm in Uckfield. Now I need to do my research on how to place my tactical vote at the next GE. Assuming it'll be of any value at all, of course...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Woking council has declared it is effectively bankrupt after admitting a risky investment spree involving hotels and skyscrapers overseen by its former Conservative administration had left it facing a deficit of £1.2bn.

The Surrey council, the most heavily indebted local authority in England, said it had issued a section 114 notice on Wednesday in response to “unprecedented financial challenges” facing the town.
This is the problem with the Tories, eventually they run out of other people's money to waste.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yeah, but that particular tactical voting site is still using the old boundaries and when I put my postcode in gives me a "not sure" result for Wealden (which makes sense, given Wealden's history of being strong Tory with flip-flopping results for Lab / Lib Dem).
I had a quick look at their FAQs, and the new constituency doesn't seem to feature, which to me sounds odd. Might be worth contacting them on this:
feedback@tactical.vote

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Weak little men still thinking appeasement works then?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Rachel Reeves giving us an indication of where we might be headed next year.

Rachel Reeves

RR1.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Rachel Reeves giving us an indication of where we might be headed next year.

Rachel Reeves

View attachment 162036

I wonder why they would do that ? From the article you quoted

Speaking to Radio 4's Today programme, Ms Reeves said the Tories had "crashed the economy", adding that after prices and interest rates increased "financial stability has to come first". Former PM Liz Truss's mini-budget last year, which included billions of pounds of unfunded tax cuts, also prompted turmoil in the financial markets and led to interest rates rising further.

Since then the economic picture has changed considerably, with interest rates and borrowing costs soaring.

Apparently because even His Majesty's Opposition underestimated just how corrupt, inept and incompetent this Cabal that you voted for, and support at every opportunity, would be. Seems sensible :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here