Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Once again, we return to the original subject of the thread…

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don’t know why they bother. He’ll not be punished.
I think he will this time.

This has the hallmarks of Rishi behind this too. He wants Mr Johnson out of Parliament and out of the Conservative Party, beans are being spilt everywhere now.

And I do believe that Rishi will succeed in decapitating the pigman’s political career. Daft really because he could appeal to a certain type of voter in a way Rishi never will. The Tories will get absolutely trounced in the next election as those who still love Boris will punish them. The red wall will be rebuilt higher and stronger than it has been in decades and decades, never it return blue in our lifetimes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The Nat C’s speech was the straw that broke the camel’s back for Rishi. He wants her out. It’s time to clean out her cupboards of all the skeletons.

The fact that she has made so many enemies is going to help the PM’s cause immensely but as other have stated, he still needs to find an ethnic minority (preferably female) replacement to make his gammon-baiting immigration policies sound moderately acceptable.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they blacked up Reece-Mogg.
It's not the blacking up of Reece-Mogg I'm looking forward to :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think he will this time.

This has the hallmarks of Rishi behind this too. He wants Mr Johnson out of Parliament and out of the Conservative Party, beans are being spilt everywhere now.

And I do believe that Rishi will succeed in decapitating the pigman’s political career. Daft really because he could appeal to a certain type of voter in a way Rishi never will. The Tories will get absolutely trounced in the next election as those who still love Boris will punish them. The red wall will be rebuilt higher and stronger than it has been in decades and decades, never it return blue in our lifetimes.
I’m not convinced but I’d like to see Boris Johnson ordered to pay back his defence costs, somewhere in the region so far of £300,000 all out of the taxpayers money.

I mean, I’d like to see that fat, greedy, **** trebuchet’d into a burning mountain of dogshit but I’m managing my expectations.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I honestly don’t think people should get their hopes up. Each revelation has been more shocking than the last for the last three years. And still the greased piglet walks away unpunished every single time.
No meaningful punishment anyway.

When is a final judgment going to be made on this arrogant ****?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Drip drip drip…..

Many people have warned time and time again what would happen if we desperately let swivel-eyed Brexit loons into this cabal's cabinet. These two posts giving an idea of the incoming 5 years ago.

I see the government has folded again under questioning by the Brexit Committee and finalised something which a lot of Brexiteers on here insisted wouldn't happen.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ks-david-davis-suella-braverman-a8364841.html

So that's the divorce bill finalised and committed to, with no promise of even a trade agreement in return. Still nothing is agreed until everything is agreed though, isn't it.

The problem is that without any sort of plan, these decisions will be made on the fly, by Ministers when cornered and under pressure in Committees. I know the Government have very little option, given the situation they are in, but it really is no way to run a f***ing country.

Kwasi Kwarteng was, this morning, appointed Minister of State at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. He will also attend Cabinet.

He would have been appointed yesterday, but didn't realise that amongst his responsibilities as a minister in DExEU was keeping his phone turned on so that people could contact him when needed.

Just about sums up the level of Brexiteer that Johnson is now having to appoint to make up the numbers for his Cabinet :facepalm:

View attachment 113395

But the simple facts were ignored and what we have is 'what the people wanted'. I appreciate that you, me and many others tried everything to stop us getting here but

Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite

And no amount of whinging and whining about the cost of living, the cost of energy, the NHS, the increases in immigration, the emergency services struggling, the crashing economy, industries being destroyed, the legal system grinding to a halt, the explosion in food banks, the increase in asylum seekers in boats, etc etc is going to change that.

Is asking people to stop whining and actually take responsibility for what they did really so outrageous ? :shootself

Last edited:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Really sad to see that Dim Dom Raab will not be standing at the next election. I would loved to have seen him suffer the fate of Portillo, humiliated on stage to the cheers of the audience.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

“A spokesman for Mr Johnson said: "Some abbreviated entries in Mr Johnson's official diary were queried by Cabinet Office during preparation for the Covid inquiry.
The spokesman added that Mr Johnson's lawyers had written to the department, as well as the Commons Privileges Committee, "explaining that the events were lawful and were not breaches of any Covid regulations."” BBC

At the tax payers expense no doubt. We’re literally paying for his lies.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Really sad to see that Dim Dom Raab will not be standing at the next election. I would loved to have seen him suffer the fate of Portillo, humiliated on stage to the cheers of the audience.

Who would your top 5 Tories be for a Portillo style humiliation at the next election? I’d go:

1. The Liar
2. The Lettuce
3. The Haunted Pencil
4. Braverman
5. Patel

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I guarantee that as it becomes obvious throughout the land (please, God, please) that the Tory’s are history, the outgoing MP’s will slink out of the back of the municipal halls and be unavailable for comment.

Meanwhile all their lobbyists and business connections across the globe will be silently and permanently deleting them from their contacts.

And the sun will go down on the most
corrupt, inept, selfish, and downright heartless government we have seen in our lifetimes.

This is how it can be. This is my prayer.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

A Truss appointment (under Johnson's 'premiership') under investigation. Remarkable reading of the EHRC brief by its chair.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Who would your top 5 Tories be for a Portillo style humiliation at the next election? I’d go:

1. The Liar
2. The Lettuce
3. The Haunted Pencil
4. Braverman
5. Patel
Only 5?

Okay, I'll go Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Gullis, Anderson, Braverman (not that she will lose, sadly).

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Only 5?

Okay, I'll go Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Gullis, Anderson, Braverman (not that she will lose, sadly).
Can you imagine being stood in a polling station, looking at a list of candidates and thinking "yes, Suella Braverman. She's the candidate I want to represent me and my constituency at Westminster"?
Actually, I've just seen she represents Fareham. It all makes sense now.
****ing Hampshire.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Unfortunately there will be vast swathes of dum-dums who truly believe Britain’s downfall is the fault of foreigners and those who don’t believe hard enough in Brexit. And that the Tory’s just need another 13 years to get it fixed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here