Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
They are not called 'The stupid party' for nothing!
One of my favourite political quotes:
"“Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are Conservatives..." (John Stuart Mill, mid-19th Century Liberal philosopher and MP)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Genius.

Euthanising the demographic that historically votes Tory isn't something you'd expect to hear from...ummm...Tories.
I wonder if they'll be so keen on euthanasia when it gets to their turn?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One in five will still vote Tory, in 18 months time.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
One in five will still vote Tory, in 18 months time.

But most them will be completely oblivious to what is going on in the party.

You can't blame many for not voting Labour, they don't like change and see the party obsessed with urban / modern issues that don't affect them.

Their life isn't really any different under any party.

However they aren't the electorate that count in terms of the numbers that put a new administration in power.

Unless Sunak manages to stop the factionalism and throw the loonies out, they are out for a decade after the next election.

Eventually Labour will run out of ideas and a nice centrist man in a sharp suit will lead them back to power.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
But most them will be completely oblivious to what is going on in the party.

You can't blame many for not voting Labour, they don't like change and see the party obsessed with urban / modern issues that don't affect them.

Their life isn't really any different under any party.

However they aren't the electorate that count in terms of the numbers that put a new administration in power.

Unless Sunak manages to stop the factionalism and throw the loonies out, they are out for a decade after the next election.

Eventually Labour will run out of ideas and a nice centrist man in a sharp suit will lead them back to power.

The Conservative Party are excellent at reinventing themselves, it’s true.

However, they’ve disproportionately made life worse for younger and working age people for over a decade.

In the same way that it became clear that the Labour Party were leading Britain down a cul-de-sac in the mid/late 70s, rendering them unelectable for all of the eighties, I think we’ve proven that divisive rhetoric and tax cutting to the point that public services fall over is also a cul-de-sac.

I think most decent Conservatives have a well developed sense of social responsibility, but the parliamentary Conservative Party has gone in the opposite direction, and channelled their inner Farage.

I do wonder if the brand damage is so severe this time that those Conservatives willing to follow their moral compass will move toward the Liberal Democrats, who are the closest Britain now has to a morally acceptable centre-right political party.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

National Conservatives, not fascists
347248343_977314299951736_3514852496404437068_n.jpg
? Are you sure Ms Phillips

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Genius.

Euthanising the demographic that historically votes Tory isn't something you'd expect to hear from...ummm...Tories.
They succeeded when releasing covid infected patients into care homes. I warned about this right at the beginning of the pandemic, on the covid thread. It took them over two years to admit, that it had happened. One care home in Hove, had 15 out of its 20 residents die within a few months.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Albanian authorities have confirmed that most of its citizens forcibly sent back home from the UK this year were convicted of crimes there. The BBC has spoken to those men sent home, and learnt that some prisoners were offered £1,500 to leave - and some plan to come back.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Albanian authorities have confirmed that most of its citizens forcibly sent back home from the UK this year were convicted of crimes there. The BBC has spoken to those men sent home, and learnt that some prisoners were offered £1,500 to leave - and some plan to come back.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Shouldn’t have to pay bribes to deport criminals from other countries, surely?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We've always been able to deport criminals. The reality is over 80% of asylum seekers are granted asylum here.

Funnily enough, when we were in Europol, it was easier for Spain to send back our criminals.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is it really an intelligent thing to do, if your party has been accused of lurching to the far right, to call a quite high profile grouping of like minded Ministers, MPs and various other politicos, the National Conservatives, or Nat-Cs for short?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is it really an intelligent thing to do, if your party has been accused of lurching to the far right, to call a quite high profile grouping of like minded Ministers, MPs and various other politicos, the National Conservatives, or Nat-Cs for short?
Conservatives Using National Theory Stratagem.

I haven't thought of an acronym for them yet.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Have you EVER posted anything on here other than a cut and paste from a news website ?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The simple fact of the matter is that to replace the workers we need via immigration with natives would require far higher tax, as significant incentives would need to be offered to make having kids an attractive proposition. (At present it’s a struggle from a financial and time-juggling perspective)

Not only that, a higher population requires schools, doctors, and housing, not to mention supporting infrastructure.

Then, we wait eighteen years until the first ‘batch’ become work ready. Unless of course Suella is also in favour of child labour. My chimney does need a sweep…
But all of this won't matter anyway in 18 months time It's a bit ridiculous a current government, well past their sell by date, waiting to be swept out of office talking about how we shape future generations when they and all their ideas will be binned and forgotten after the next election. Political parties only ever think 4 years ahead i.e. getting re-elected, pretty pointless a government trying to run the country based on long term ideology when most of them would struggle to hold their seats

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here