Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Is that food prices the supermarkets pay or what we pay at the tills? Because if it's the latter, food is already too bloody expensive
Not sure ..

Food prices in the UK are lower, ministers point out, than across Europe, with British consumers spending less of their income on groceries than other Europeans.

In many cases, supermarket items are sold at less than the price of production. However, food prices are increasing with inflation, and last week there was a record 17.8% increase in the cost of fresh food year on year, according to the British Retail Consortium (BRC).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not sure ..

Food prices in the UK are lower, ministers point out, than across Europe, with British consumers spending less of their income on groceries than other Europeans.

In many cases, supermarket items are sold at less than the price of production. However, food prices are increasing with inflation, and last week there was a record 17.8% increase in the cost of fresh food year on year, according to the British Retail Consortium (BRC).
I can almost guarantee the claim that we are cheaper than the rest of Europe is an outright lie.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Bizarre comments from Rees Mogg regarding voter id.

LOL! The Tories introduced Voter ID not because of any evidence of electoral fraud, which was their bogus justification, but because the dishonest and devious Tory bar-stewards anticipated that young people, the poor and ethnic minorities - the social groups most likely to vote Labour, Lib Dem or Green - would be less likely to have Voter ID. It was always about rigging elections in the Tories' favour.

Yet it transpires that it was pensioners - 2/3 of whom always vote Tory - who did not have the requisite Voter ID, and the lying, cheating, Tory snowflakes are now having another toddler tantrum, and, as they always do, blaming everyone else for their own f*ckwittery.

What goes around, comes around!

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Bizarre comments from Rees Mogg regarding voter id.

I doubt Darth Mogg would have mentioned it had it been younger voters who missed out.

Fortunately, it was entitled old Tory’s who probably thought they could just bat the registrars aside with their ration books that missed out and had to harumph their way back home mumbling something about gays and foreigners stealing their votes.

Oh dear. What a pity. Never mind.

Don’t forget to bring your ID with you to the next EU referendum vote 👍

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I find this very worrying. Very worrying indeed.

“When culture, schools and universities openly teach that our country is racist, our heroes are villains, humanity is killing the Earth, you are what you desire, diversity is theology, boundaries are tyranny and self-restraint is oppression, is it any wonder that mental health conditions, self-harm and suicide, and epidemic levels of anxiety and confusion characterise the emerging generation?”

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

I find this very worrying. Very worrying indeed.

“When culture, schools and universities openly teach that our country is racist, our heroes are villains, humanity is killing the Earth, you are what you desire, diversity is theology, boundaries are tyranny and self-restraint is oppression, is it any wonder that mental health conditions, self-harm and suicide, and epidemic levels of anxiety and confusion characterise the emerging generation?”
The Tory Right degenerating into pure Trumpery.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
LOL! The Tories introduced Voter ID not because of any evidence of electoral fraud, which was their bogus justification, but because the dishonest and devious Tory bar-stewards anticipated that young people, the poor and ethnic minorities - the social groups most likely to vote Labour, Lib Dem or Green - would be less likely to have Voter ID. It was always about rigging elections in the Tories' favour.

Yet it transpires that it was pensioners - 2/3 of whom always vote Tory - who did not have the requisite Voter ID, and the lying, cheating, Tory snowflakes are now having another toddler tantrum, and, as they always do, blaming everyone else for their own f*ckwittery.

What goes around, comes around!
I mean, this was always, always, always going to be the case. If there's one demographic that would suffer from lack of ID it'd be the Tory voting elderly.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I doubt Darth Mogg would have mentioned it had it been younger voters who missed out.

Fortunately, it was entitled old Tory’s who probably thought they could just bat the registrars aside with their ration books that missed out and had to harumph their way back home mumbling something about gays and foreigners stealing their votes.

Oh dear. What a pity. Never mind.

Don’t forget to bring your ID with you to the next EU referendum vote 👍
I feel like it's worth emphasising, that it's just as outrageous if Conservative voting elderly people were prevented from voting as if anybody else was.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I can almost guarantee the claim that we are cheaper than the rest of Europe is an outright lie.
It'll obviously depend on which country you look at and what you put in your shopping basket, but I believe there is some truth in the claim that groceries tend to be cheaper in Britain than other comparable countries.
Unfortunately, that's the result of the supermarkets distorting the food market, rather than any actual efficiencies on our part.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Yet far funnier.
Well, the part where the conservatives had their plan to stay in power by stealing people's right to vote backfire in their face is funny.
I wonder if any of the people who were arguing that this was definitely a legitimate and honest attempt to reduce voter fraud will be back to comment on the admission that it is a cynical attempt to sway elections.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Well, the part where the conservatives had their plan to stay in power by stealing people's right to vote backfire in their face is funny.
I wonder if any of the people who were arguing that this was definitely a legitimate and honest attempt to reduce voter fraud will be back to comment on the admission that it is a cynical attempt to sway elections.
tumbleweed GIF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I feel like it's worth emphasising, that it's just as outrageous if Conservative voting elderly people were prevented from voting as if anybody else was.
In principal, maybe.

In reality it’s far funnier because the Tory’s shot themselves in the nuts.

Also, more importantly than anything, it might teach them not to try and bend democracy in their favour.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
In principal, maybe.

In reality it’s far funnier because the Tory’s shot themselves in the nuts.

Also, more importantly than anything, it might teach them not to try and bend democracy in their favour.
I'm not convinced that anybody in the current Conservative party has the critical faculties to learn from their mistakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here