Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not long ago they were heroes. Now they have been taken to court by a government that puts profit above all else because nurses want a fair pay rise. A pay rise amount that most in the government wouldn’t sell their own shit for.

And they asked for £47k court costs. RNC has been ordered to pay £36k

It is a clear signal that the Tory’s are not open to fair negotiations. They seek to crush unions. And the spirit of those who saved our lives not three years ago.

Shame on them.

Plough the f***ing lot of them into a ditch.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Rishi Sunakand his wife have a combined wealth of £730 million.

His PM role alone brings him an annual salary of £80k a year.

His expense allowance, not including travel is estimated at £115k a year.

He took private jet trips costing almost £500,000 in just over a week last year, government data has shown, prompting opposition claims that he is out of touch and unable to lead on green issues.
A Cabinet Office document detailing overseas prime ministerial travel in the third quarter of 2022 showed No 10 spent just under £108,000 on private jet travel to and from the Cop27 summit in Egypt, flying in on 6 November and returning the next day.

A week after, he set off to the G20 summit in Bali, Indonesia, coming back on 17 November, a round trip that cost more than £340,000*

Fully qualified nurses start on salaries of £24,907 rising to £30,615 on Band 5 of the NHS Agenda for Change pay rates. Salaries in London attract a high-cost area supplement. With experience, in positions such as senior nurse on Band 6, salaries progress to £31,365 to £37,890.**

Yesterday;

Bank of England economist says people need to accept they are poorer​

The Bank of England's top economist has said people in the UK need to accept that they are poorer otherwise prices will continue to rise.
Huw Pill told a podcast in the US that there was a "reluctance to accept that, yes, we're all worse off".***

According to The Guardian, Pill received an around £95,000 pay package for his first six months of joining the Bank of England. His total salary is an estimated £190,000 and the chief economist allegedly lives in a £1.5 million home in London. He has an estimated net worth of £5m.

A study of over 1,000 nurses, health and social care workers, conducted by Florence, found that nearly one in five (14%) nurses have started using food banks since the cost of living crisis started. A further third (30%) also know colleagues who have.7 Feb 2023.

*Source: The Guardian
** NursingTimes.
*** BBC news.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
An unsettling development

“Far-right Italian prime minister in London for ‘new beginning’ aiming at deeper and wider alliance between the countries”

We really are aligning with some of the most toxic people in the world. I suppose thats because we are now toxic.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Though he does seem to apply to a few narcissist tick boxes

• Being extremely arrogant and self-centered
  • Disregarding the feelings and needs of other people
  • Manipulating, using, or exploiting others for personal gain or pleasure
  • Having an extreme need for power
  • Acts of revenge against those who criticize them
  • Fantasizing about ways to obtain more power or dominance over others
  • Lacking conscience, regret, or remorse for their actions
  • Being cruel and taking pleasure in the pain of others
  • High levels of aggression towards other people
  • Paranoia or mistrust of others
surely that’s an extract from the Tory Party membership literature

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Richard Sharpe (BBC Chairman) resigns.
Should never have been appointed and should have resigned the moment his shenanigans with Johnson became public.

It's only because the report into him and Johnson is about to be imminently published. It certainly wouldn't be through any sense of honesty or moral compass from any of this corrupt cabal. Take every f***ing penny out of Britain while you can, until you get dragged screaming out of the door hanging on the fingernails :annoyed:

Still it was always absolutely clear what we were voting for. “Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite” :shootself

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

I assume he doesn’t hold a UK passport and works in the uk on a visa I also assume he was back in the Sudan visiting family when this all kicked off and now finds he’s stuck as he is not eligible for a flight out as it’s for repatriation of uk citizens are my assumptions correct?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It's such a bizarre rhetoric.

"If you support inclusion, not polluting our water with sewage, holding corrupt politicians to account, looking after the vulnerable, helping refugees fleeing literal war zones and generally not being a colossal prick then you hate England and you should f*** off"

I don't get it. I don't get waking up every morning and fully believing in that mindset. It has to be a gimmick.
He's thick as mince. That's all there is to it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's disgusting. He lives and works here, in the NHS, went to Sudan to celebrate Eid and got caught up in a conflict. The Foreign Office refusing him help, is akin to how Nazanin Zahara Ratcliffe was let down.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I assume he doesn’t hold a UK passport and works in the uk on a visa I also assume he was back in the Sudan visiting family when this all kicked off and now finds he’s stuck as he is not eligible for a flight out as it’s for repatriation of uk citizens are my assumptions correct?
There are 70 others in exactly the same position. We have 45,000 vacancies for doctors in the NHS so offer visas to qualified doctors abroad, but then abandon them when they need help.
The French and Germans were evacuating their people before we even started thinking about it.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Richard Sharpe (BBC Chairman) resigns.
Got my application in already. Who dares wins Rodney, and all that.
BBC Application.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here