Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Those who support these scum, who used to post on NSC, appear to have run away. Sitting on their hands and hoping for a bright blue tomorrow.

Or posting dog whistle racism in the pit. @carlzeiss. Shame on you. Shame on the lot of them. Weirdos. Ta ra.
Trouble is Harry, those of us who are not scum, but do not inherently share the generally accepted political beliefs of the great and good of NSC, have been vilified along with those the great and good call scum, making it pretty pointless in posting on political threads.
Quite frankly, whilst accepting that the present Government is abysmal, but at the same time, not fully embracing the Labour Party , I just can’t be arsed to post on a thread that gets more hysterical by the minute.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trouble is Harry, those of us who are not scum, but do not inherently share the generally accepted political beliefs of the great and good of NSC, have been vilified along with those the great and good call scum, making it pretty pointless in posting on political threads.
Quite frankly, whilst accepting that the present Government is abysmal, but at the same time, not fully embracing the Labour Party , I just can’t be arsed to post on a thread that gets more hysterical by the minute.
If you read what I wrote (and I paste it below) then unless you are a member of the Johnson/Truss/Sunak government then I did not call you scum. And unless you are a member of team Carlzeiss/wokeworrier/Das Reich, 'whatabout Jeremy Corbyn' gang then you have nothing to get irritable about.

There have always been decent tories, but they seem to be few and far between in this cohort of Tory MPs (the target of my vituperation). There was a great moment when a sufficient number of them stood up against Johnson and pushed him out. But they had better give their heads a proper wobble because if the current investigation exonerates Johnson (on the grounds that he is too stupid to understand his own rules) and he is not barred from political office, he will be back after the next election, ready to save the day.

It is time for decent tories to stand up and be counted. Not simply register the current government as abysmal, note that it is they who will be standing again in a couple of years, look briefly at Labour and remain 'unconvinced about Starmer' and....slink away. Engage!

1679932548641.png

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If you read what I wrote (and I paste it below) then unless you are a member of the Johnson/Truss/Sunak government then I did not call you scum. And unless you are a member of team Carlzeiss/wokeworrier/Das Reich, 'whatabout Jeremy Corbyn' gang then you have nothing to get irritable about.

There have always been decent tories, but they seem to be few and far between in this cohort of Tory MPs (the target of my vituperation). There was a great moment when a sufficient number of them stood up against Johnson and pushed him out. But they had better give their heads a proper wobble because if the current investigation exonerates Johnson (on the grounds that he is too stupid to understand his own rules) and he is not barred from political office, he will be back after the next election, ready to save the day.

It is time for decent tories to stand up and be counted. Not simply register the current government as abysmal, note that it is they who will be standing again in a couple of years, look briefly at Labour and remain 'unconvinced about Starmer' and....slink away. Engage!

View attachment 158885
Harry, I wasn’t suggesting that you were calling me scum. I believe we have exchanged sufficient posts with good humour and tolerance over time realise that neither of us consider the other to be ‘scum’. Nevertheless, the main thrust of my post still stands and that is that on this thread, anyone who is seen to be a Tory has, more often than not, been the subject of scorn. I am not irritable, but I truly cannot be arsed to post in this echo chamber of a thread.
By the way, I think quite number of present Tory MPs will not stand again at the election and others will lose their seats. Hopefully, a new crop will emerge and the party can go off into Opposition and re emerge when they are, once more, fit to govern.
Unlike your goodself, I am not really a political animal and have never contemplated joining a political party, so I will continue to register the current Government as abysmal and try and glean from Starmer et al what they believe in and what a Labour Government may look like.
In the meantime, I am going to ‘slink off’ towards my drinks cabinet and ‘engage’ in a wee dram!😁😉👍
PS. For what it is worth, I do believe that Johnson is dead duck. I am sure most of us can agree that is a good thing.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry, I wasn’t suggesting that you were calling me scum. I believe we have exchanged sufficient posts with good humour and tolerance over time realise that neither of us consider the other to be ‘scum’. Nevertheless, the main thrust of my post still stands and that is that on this thread, anyone who is seen to be a Tory has, more often than not, been the subject of scorn. I am not irritable, but I truly cannot be arsed to post in this echo chamber of a thread.
By the way, I think quite number of present Tory MPs will not stand again at the election and others will lose their seats. Hopefully, a new crop will emerge and the party can go off into Opposition and re emerge when they are, once more, fit to govern.
Unlike your goodself, I am not really a political animal and have never contemplated joining a political party, so I will continue to register the current Government as abysmal and try and glean from Starmer et al what they believe in and what a Labour Government may look like.
In the meantime, I am going to ‘slink off’ towards my drinks cabinet and ‘engage’ in a wee dram!😁😉👍
PS. For what it is worth, I do believe that Johnson is dead duck. I am sure most of us can agree that is a good thing.
Indeed. And apologies for any aspersions.

Yes, I am a political handwringer :lolol: ....

But I fear we have yet to see the back of Johnson yet...

All the best :thumbsup:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Indeed. And apologies for any aspersions.

Yes, I am a political handwringer :lolol: ....

But I fear we have yet to see the back of Johnson yet...

All the best :thumbsup:
No need to apologise at all, Harry.
I do hope you are wrong about Johnson. He may linger like a turd infested cockroach after the apocalypse, but I do think he is a spent force as far as public office is concerned and hopefully his influence in public life will continue to diminish and disappear up his fundamental orifice, where most of his best ideas come from.
Best wishes.😉😊

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
you were judging the moderator, so i wrongly assumed that you thought you could do better, my mistake, soz.

it's humour, have you lived in england long?

"plough them all into a f***ing ditch", clampy informs me that the english have been saying this for centuries, but today, you are too snowflaky to see the humour. i thought you right wing johnies were champions of free speech? i got that wrong as well.

(i don't think anyone has actually been ploughed into any ditch, (and if they were, they almost certainly deserved it))
Wow, that explanation is one that Boris would have been proud of.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Kathryn Stone on facing apparent intimidation as former parliamentary commissioner for standards.​

Fascinating interview, a strong character that didn't take any shit from entitled twats who think corruption can be brushed away with a glass of wine

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The latest floating turd in an endless river
of corruption and sleaze.

“Sunak did not mention his wife’s interest when speaking about the childcare changes at his appearance before the liaison committee on Tuesday.

He was asked by the Labour MP Catherine McKinnell whether he had anything to declare. “No, all my disclosures are declared in the normal way,” he replied”.

Queue up nicely and vote the lot of ‘em into obscurity.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The latest floating turd in an endless river
of corruption and sleaze.

“Sunak did not mention his wife’s interest when speaking about the childcare changes at his appearance before the liaison committee on Tuesday.

He was asked by the Labour MP Catherine McKinnell whether he had anything to declare. “No, all my disclosures are declared in the normal way,” he replied”.

Queue up nicely and vote the lot of ‘em into obscurity.
TBH, I was much happier when we were ploughing them all into a ditch. I demand that option be put on the ballot paper.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here