Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
what if the question was, to fill the 50,000 vacancies in the nhs, shall we increase immigration?

the result would be greatly affected, so how would that change policy?

you can see what i'm getting at?
Yes a different poll with a different question could give a different answer

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hmm, 56%

Rather similar figure to another opinion poll taken a few years ago.

Now, does it refer to the rate of immigration or the number of immigrants already here? If it’s rate of immigration, the result means that the majority of people polled are either happy with the rate of immigration or don’t know.

Details are important here.

I never understand people who won't post a link. Can't find the one he is referring to but this is close.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had most of it on in the background whilst WFH, listening to the greased piglet squealing his fat little snout off. The fop-haired c*nt even had a haircut for the occasion - no doubt to somehow come across as more "serious" today, rather than looking like he'd just woken up in a skip in Brixton after a heavy night out and dragged his arse to work.

His defence is about as robust as a bead curtain. YES he misled Parliament, but "not knowingly", because all of his expert advisers told him "yeah, all good boss" during the endless series of piss-ups at No10 that he either attended, or bafflingly claims he knew nothing about. In his own home.

He was the PM. Him and his civil servants drew up the COVID rules/guidelines (take your pick), whereupon he went on TV night after night dictating these rules for us to follow. The fact that he then needed a series of "advisors" to tell him whether or not they'd broken these rules is patently BOLLOCKS to anyone who hasn't recently had a full frontal lobotomy, or slopes around at Palace games clad head to foot in black.

He takes responsibility for nothing. Its always someone elses fault. He lies, obfuscates, waffles, blathers, bullshits, muddies the waters and takes us all for mugs. It was CLASSIC Johnson today as he bumbled his arse through that hearing, and it was frankly delicious to see him FINALLY get the forensic close examination and questioning on the total waffle he's been spewing out his whole career and getting away with.

The greased pig got skewered this afternoon. Now lets hope there are some serious consequences that proper fucks his political career, permanently.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what if the question was, to fill the 50,000 vacancies in the nhs, shall we increase immigration?

the result would be greatly affected, so how would that change policy?

you can see what i'm getting at?
now that's a leading question. framing the question to get response you want.

why not accept, even if you are in favour of immigration, that a large group are not? once accepted, we can ask why and challange the replies. ignoring the issue doesn't make it go away, while giving others a cause to champion.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
now that's a leading question. framing the question to get response you want.

why not accept, even if you are in favour of immigration, that a large group are not? once you accept this, we can ask why and challange the replies. ignoring the issue doesn't make it go away, while giving others a cause to champion.
either or neither, thems your options

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I had most of it on in the background whilst WFH, listening to the greased piglet squealing his fat little snout off. The fop-haired c*nt even had a haircut for the occasion - no doubt to somehow come across as more "serious" today, rather than looking like he'd just woken up in a skip in Brixton after a heavy night out and dragged his arse to work.

His defence is about as robust as a bead curtain. YES he misled Parliament, but "not knowingly", because all of his expert advisers told him "yeah, all good boss" during the endless series of piss-ups at No10 that he either attended, or bafflingly claims he knew nothing about. In his own home.

He was the PM. Him and his civil servants drew up the COVID rules/guidelines (take your pick), whereupon he went on TV night after night dictating these rules for us to follow. The fact that he then needed a series of "advisors" to tell him whether or not they'd broken the rules is patently BOLLOCKS to anyone who hasn't recently had a full frontal lobotomy, or slopes around at Palace games clad head to foot in black.

He takes responsibility for nothing. Its always someone elses fault. He lies, obfuscates, waffles, blathers, bullshits, muddies the waters and takes us all for mugs. It was CLASSIC Johnson today as he bumbled his arse through that hearing, and it was frankly delicious to see him FINALLY get the forensic close examination and questioning on the total waffle he's been spewing out his whole career and getting away with.

The greased pig got skewered this afternoon. Now lets hope there are some serious consequences that proper fucks his political career.
You're fully behind his bid to return to Number 10 then.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
so the 52%/56% anomaly is totally meaningless, not a compelling arguement that should influence policy in any way
I was simply replying to someone who doesn’t accept the poll result as relevant by agreeing that if there was a poll with a different question the outcome could be different 🙄

I have already said that I think the poll I have quoted is significant - that’s why I quoted it.

For me it is a barometer of public opinion.

You will not ever see me on here posting the equivalent of “Yeah but” in relation to a YouGov poll simply because it does not represent my position. 👍

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I was simply replying to someone who doesn’t accept the poll result as relevant by agreeing that if there was a poll with a different question the outcome could be different 🙄

I have already said that I think the poll I have quoted is significant - that’s why I quoted it.

For me it is a barometer of public opinion.

You will not ever see me on here posting the equivalent of “Yeah but” in relation to a YouGov poll simply because it does not represent my position. 👍
i can't remember who own's yougov, but it's one of the disgraced, brexit cult, tory mp's;

i'ld suggest that is also a very significant piece of information when attempting to derive meaning from these polls

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
i can't remember who own's yougov, but it's one of the disgraced, brexit cult, tory mp's;

i'ld suggest that is also a very significant piece of information when attempting to derive meaning from these polls
As of November 2020, major shareholders of the company included Liontrust Asset Management (14.23%); Standard Life Aberdeen (8.6%); Octopus Investments (7.78%); BlackRock (7.63%); and Stephan& Rosamund Shakespeare (6.85%). YouGov is a member of the British Polling Council.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Given the love some have developed for you gov polls. Here is a poll about what the public think of whether boris knowingly misled Parliament. How on Earth can 14% think he didn’t?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Yes my mistake earlier 👍
Easily done. Although I do find it marginally interesting that when trying to make a point about how many people think immigration is too high, you mistakenly chose a lower percentage of people to make that point, which is also the same percentage who famously voted a certain way in a certain referendum.

Maybe an example of unconscious bias perhaps, or possibly, on the other hand, a Freudian slip, or I guess even an honest simple mistake too.

Anyway, sorry to bore you with my ramblings.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
As of November 2020, major shareholders of the company included Liontrust Asset Management (14.23%); Standard Life Aberdeen (8.6%); Octopus Investments (7.78%); BlackRock (7.63%); and Stephan& Rosamund Shakespeare (6.85%). YouGov is a member of the British Polling Council.
ta! just looking at that, it was bloomin zahawi! they breed like rats, don't they tho, controlling the flow of information in a democracy, nice little earner!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Here is what the less leading question from ipsos Mori makes of the immigration issue.

It is much more nuanced. It includes whether had positive or negative impact and weather should be more or less. Interest to see overall a positive response but still 42% want it reduced.

I expect if you asked about different types of immigration you would get very different answers too.

People quoting just the odd percentage are obviously pushing an agenda.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
ta! just looking at that, it was bloomin zahawi! they breed like rats, don't they tho, controlling the flow of information in a democracy, nice little earner!
Point taken

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Nadhim Zahawi founded it and he's an absolutely, totally, thoroughly, tremendously, all round, bloody good bloke. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Here is what the less leading question from ipsos Mori makes of the immigration issue.

It is much more nuanced. It includes whether had positive or negative impact and weather should be more or less. Interest to see overall a positive response but still 42% want it reduced.

I expect if you asked about different types of immigration you would get very different answers too.

People quoting just the odd percentage are obviously pushing an agenda.
I wasn’t posting my own agenda , I was simply trying (inaccurately obviously!)to point out that wanting more immigration was a minority view contrary to some of the people shouting me down. Whilst the poll you show does differ it still shows that only 22% of people want immigration increased.

The other points I wanted to call out are that i don’t believe that everyone who wants less immigration is a racist - white or otherwise and that whilst it doesn’t matter one way or the other whether I or anyone else in here misreads the room, it matters very much to me that the man I want to lead the country SKS does not misread the room and sets out publicly his strategy for sorting this mess out under a Labour government. On either poll the yes and no votes add up to a vast majority not satisfied with the situation one way or the other so it is certainly relevant in GE terms.

That poll is very interesting 👍👍

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I wasn’t posting my own agenda , I was simply trying (inaccurately obviously!) that wanting more immigration was a minority view contrary to some of the people shouting me down. Whilst the poll you show does differ it still shows that only 22% of people want immigration increased.

The other points I wanted to call out are that not everyone who wants less immigration is a racist - white or otherwise and that whilst it doesn’t matter one way or the other whether I or anyone else in here misreads the room, it matters very much to me that the man I want to lead the country SKS does not miss read the room and sets about sorting this mess out. On either poll the yes and no votes add up to a vast majority not satisfied with the situation one way or the other.

That poll is very interesting 👍👍
The biggest irony for all this is that brexit was obviously linked to immigration and brexit makes it harder for us to control the boats crossing and returning people with failed asylum claims (if we bothered processing them obviously because it is far better for government to shout about them rather than deal with them).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here