Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's meeting at work and then 'meeting' at work with tons of booze.
When I worked for the Civil Service, any alcohol consumption was instant dismissal, even at the pub at lunchtime, and certainly not on the premises.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I seem to remember Starmer in a photo with a beer bottle in a meeting.
Different year, different rules, but you know that already.
830A87EB-BE47-4B73-B99F-7178A458BDFB.jpeg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I seem to remember Starmer in a photo with a beer bottle in a meeting.

As well you might, when the rules were different.

What somewhat gets overlooked is the problem of a drinking culture at No 10. Not so much after hours, but starting in the afternoon.

Whilst Johnson might try to use the excuse that under great pressure it was good for morale, the reality is that it pre-existed before the pandemic and it was really a case of carry on regardless.

I spoke to a parent (a Tory voter) of someone very much in the know who was working there at the time. The rules were knowingly ignored. Pre-existing behaviour was "excused" because of the circumstances.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a load of tosh - of course people could meet, they could meet at work.
Not everyone was isolating, not bus drivers, train drivers, nurses, factory workers, farmers, police, armed forces, journalists, builders, shopworkers,etc etc, and especially politicians of all parties.
You could also go outside for exercise and walk your dog as long as you kept 2 metres apart.
Get your facts right.
Yes, nurses treating dying people while clad in inadequate and fraudulently acquired PPE and posh people downing wine and cake at pre arranged parties is obviously the same thing :rolleyes:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
When I worked for the Civil Service, any alcohol consumption was instant dismissal, even at the pub at lunchtime, and certainly not on the premises.

Clearly not the case in Whitehall.

It used be quite the norm in my industry (particularly around Soho), but fizzled out years ago. I was genuinely surprised when the reports came out, particularly as young people don't tend to behave like they did a decade or so ago.

Of course people still get hammered on a Friday night (and the odd night during the week), but I thought wiping out Friday lunchtime (and the rest of the afternoon) whilst still at work was a 90s thing.

However talking to people who work in Whitehall apparently not.

I do have a mate who works in the civil service at a high level and they were surprised. But they are the sort of person who likes to get our of there in the evening at the first opportunity.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
It appears that the buffoon’s defence costs of £220,000, and rising, are being underwritten by the public in some sort of grand legal aid scheme.

Which is the equivalent of 0.3 pence per person.

That is, every man, woman and child is contributing one third of a penny to save his lardy arse. If everyone at the match on Sunday had thrown a coin into a giant bucket it would have raised around £100. Enough to pay for his legal advice for a few minutes.

All for the lying meatloaf. So, in the words of the real Meatloaf: “I want my money back”.

Failing that, I really hope he gets his just comeuppence.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
We weren’t allowed to hold parties, like that mob did.

I could mix with colleagues for a 14 hour shift but wasn’t allowed to sit next to them on the bus.

I couldn’t attend my step father’s funeral, held around the same time Johnson was raising a glass to a garden full of people who had no business being at No.10.

Plough the lot of them into a ditch.
I find your last sentence very offensive.

It's not the sort of language that should be used on a public forum especially associated with a family orientated football club.

Where are the moderators. You should be censured.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

It's not the sort of language that should be used on a public forum especially associated with a family orientated football club.

Censured? You mean censored?

It’s oriented not orientated.

Report it to a mod.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Are you one of those who finds the ‘build a bonfire’ song very offensive too?

Those leading the country and making the rules during Covid were guilty of causing more pain and suffering than Archer & co ever achieved.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The list of possible sanctions are very weak. He should be facing a criminal trial for his law-breaking during Covid. That's LAW breaking, NOT rule breaking.

A better man, a principled man would see the position of PM as a role that demands him to be more accountable than the average man, Johnson saw it as a role that allowed him to be utterly unaccountable. In fact, Boris Johnson thinks being Boris Johnson means he is unaccountable. He has the character of a failed military man. Hang the miserable bastard.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I never realised Jacob Rees-Mogg posted on NSC till just now.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It is worth taking a breath and realising how ever utterly appalling this administration is with its rhetoric it's even worse at the delivery of it.

To give New Labour it's dues, it did actually follow through with infringement of civil liberties with their bonkers home secretary.

They've become quite desperate now. Braverman pointing the finger at the London Mayor regarding the MET, seemingly obvious to the fact she is equally responsible for overseeing them.

That's why I'm convinced they are out at the next election. They are incompetent and the electorate will give someone else a go.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It is worth taking a breath and realising how ever utterly appalling this administration is with its rhetoric it's even worse at the delivery of it.

To give New Labour it's dues, it did actually follow through with infringement of civil liberties with their bonkers home secretary.

They've become quite desperate now. Braverman pointing the finger at the London Mayor regarding the MET, seemingly obvious to the fact she is equally responsible for overseeing them.

That's why I'm convinced they are out at the next election. They are incompetent and the electorate will give someone else a go.
The not being out at the next election doesn't bear thinking about. If they can be so toxic, such liars and so distainful of the electorate for so long and still have any chance of winning then the UK is lost.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Which part of my statement is wrong?
I would imagine that the Commons Priviledges Committee will answer that one for you today.

And look Nadine, why you come on here continuing to defend the one real love of your life is beyond me. He lied to all of us, including you.

Anyway, rather than posting on here, surely you should be doing your job as the parliamentary representative of people like me.

Oh, and answer my letter when you get a chance, there's a dear, rather than just getting a lackey to send a standard response.

Thankyou.

Arnold Layne
Mid Bedfordshire

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here