Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Of course he won't get away with it. He's just had the two major figures in his cabinet resign and (finally!) telling it like it is. BJ will be lucky to last til the weekend

You say that but Johnson’s tenure as PM has been strewn with gaffs and controversies and not a single one has been the straw to break the camel’s back so to speak.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] has been pondering on this thread ‘where is the meltdown’ on occasion.

Hope he has his popcorn out tonight.

With Johnson’s judgement under the microscope, Dorries as the next Chancellor anyone?

Be interesting to see if [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] is a true conservative or just a johnson gimp. My money is on 'true conservative'. :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You say that but Johnson’s tenure as PM has been strewn with gaffs and controversies and not a single one has been the straw to break the camel’s back so to speak.

You've called this one wrong I'm afraid. His only two heavyweight ministers just resigned within ten minutes of each other - and they're not pulling any punches

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Ignore the snowflakeys Boris the public, possibly not including the 190,000 who died of it and there relatives, still love you for the vaccination success according to Nadine Doris

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The thing is, the sooner he goes the better for the nation, and the longer he clings on the worse it will be for the tories.

It's a win-win! :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1544379921664966657[/tweet]

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Just watching sky news - everyone who is definitely staying wouldn’t get a job elsewhere so are stuck on sinking ship

Jul 20, 2003
Chris Grayling for high office ... Who the **** else would take up a senior role in this shit show? h

BJ is toast.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I've a feeling a lot of wine will be drunk and a lot of comments will be made on here tonight.

I'm just about to open the bar......

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of course he won't get away with it. He's just had the two major figures in his cabinet resign and (finally!) telling it like it is. BJ will be lucky to last til the weekend

You’re in the top 5 most sensible posters on this board so I’m going to take heart and tentatively share your optimism.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
You've called this one wrong I'm afraid. His only two heavyweight ministers just resigned within ten minutes of each other - and they're not pulling any punches

Agree with you. Even with Trump, he got to a certain point where even the barking mad who'd been propping him up deserted him.

This is that time

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Andrew Murrison MP has announced on Twitter that he has resigned as a trade envoy

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Truss has already “fully backed” him!

A bit like the chairman giving the doomed manager the dreaded vote of confidence, perhaps?

I can't believe the woman would be so politically naive as to stick by Boris now. Misplaced loyalty indeed.

When Boris has gone and there is a leadership contest those candidates who publicly opposed Boris or resigned their positions will occupy the moral high ground and she will be fighting an uphill battle.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to be wrong. Like, really REALLY like to be wrong. But I won’t get my hopes up so I’ll believe it when I see it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Moggster supports the PM! That's a shock.

He also believes in a vengeful god, so not too much of novel intellectual or moral challenge for him :shrug:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
More Cabinet ministers will resign and the prime minister “will be shown the door”, according to Conservative MP Andrew Bridgen.

Speaking to the PA news agency, the MP for North West Leicestershire said: “I guess they (Rishi Sunak and Sajid Javid) finally got where much of the party got weeks if not months ago, that we just can’t carry on like this. What a shambles. It has been a shambles.”

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here