Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Carrie Johnson for chancellor ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not a chance. Rees-Mogg, Patel and Dorries know that no one in their right mind would give them another job

Patel already vowing her undying support....

Look up her CV if you get a chance. No chance I'd have given her a job other than as useful idiot and cannon fodder.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Carrie Johnson for chancellor ?

It's got to be Little Lord Moggington for chancellor.

He seems to have an uncanny knack of knowing exactly where and when to move his money around.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine looking around and seeing Truss, Dorries and Patel as your most vocal supporters.

"Hand me the gun - I'll do it myself".

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That footage this morning of the Cabinet meeting was truly remarkable. The body language was clearly indicative that the Cabinet collectively knew something big was afoot. In football parlance he has "lost the dressing room".

The two letters of resignation are quite different. Javid appears to be writing more for social media than for Boris, bigging up his own achievements, thanking his family etc. It is almost an acceptance speech for the nomination of Prime Minsiter, rather than a letter of resignation.

As for Rishi, his letter has a different tone. He touches upon fundamental disagreements between Boris and himself and it feels more personal with more edge.

I doubt whether this will be the end of the resignations. Who is next? All eyes on Liz Truss, the frontrunner female candidate to be Boris's successor. If she goes then I think Boris will resign.

She won't want to be resigning now, as Sweden and Finland move towards NATO membership and the Foreign Secretary always gets more airtime during a war but now Rishi and Javid have shown their hand to be seen to be supportive to a lame duck PM will not play out well for her with the public.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Okay. It’s looking more hopeful. The fat lady isn’t warming up yet though.

I am working on the basis that it’s too good to be true. I won’t believe anything until I see the equivalent of the “holding up the shirt” photograph.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I still don’t think Johnson will go. Nobody can force him and he won’t go or his own accord.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That footage this morning of the Cabinet meeting was truly remarkable. The body language was clearly indicative that the Cabinet collectively knew something big was afoot. In football parlance he has "lost the dressing room".

The two letters of resignation are quite different. Javid appears to be writing more for social media than for Boris, bigging up his own achievements, thanking his family etc. It is almost an acceptance speech for the nomination of Prime Minsiter, rather than a letter of resignation.

As for Rishi, his letter has a different tone. He touches upon fundamental disagreements between Boris and himself and it feels more personal with more edge.

I doubt whether this will be the end of the resignations. Who is next? All eyes on Liz Truss, the frontrunner female candidate to be Boris's successor. If she goes then I think Boris will resign.

Truss has already “fully backed” him!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Repeat:

This. Is. NOT. A. Drill

This is, though. Lovely workmanship. :love:

power-drill-1.jpg

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I still don’t think Johnson will go. Nobody can force him and he won’t go or his own accord.

Of course he wont. The man is an arrogant narcissist who believes it’s his right to govern and he’s above such things as being held to account for being a massive liar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here