Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
GBP / USD just dropped below 1.20, investors are starting to shun the UK. Markets losing faith in this useless government

View attachment 148840

Who, outside of those who directly profit from Johnson and Sunak’s corruption would invest in the U.K. right now?
Toxic companies draining a toxic country dry.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You've got some nerve demanding explanations for points of view when only yesterday you thought it was ok to post a new thread of utter drivel (insinuating false equivalence between the conduct of Starmer and the fat slob in charge) but scuttled off like a ten year old because you were incapable of defending what you'd written.

How about you engage yourself before expecting others to?

I can only assume he has no self-esteem. Sad, really :shrug:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Who, outside of those who directly profit from Johnson and Sunak’s corruption would invest in the U.K. right now?
Toxic companies draining a toxic country dry.

I have to disagree with you here, for once, there is still plenty good about this country that could be solved by getting rid of the current government - I hasten to add that doesn't necessarily mean getting rid of the Conservatives per se, more this current buch of shishters...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1536771103313510400[/tweet]

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
[tweet]1536771103313510400[/tweet]

I fear the Government will actually be pleased with this…their only options at the moment are to pick fights with as many organisations as possible (EU, lawyers, UN, etc, etc). They can now get on with trying to remove us from the jurisdiction of the Court of Human Rights, and create another massive diversion.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I fear the Government will actually be pleased with this…their only options at the moment are to pick fights with as many organisations as possible (EU, lawyers, UN, etc, etc). They can now get on with trying to remove us from the jurisdiction of the Court of Human Rights, and create another massive diversion.

Exactly this. This feels like part of a huge power grab, and I get the impression that those doing the grabbing are getting further emboldened by their successes and pushing on for more. All the while they can frame their attacks on international law and institutions as “Britain regaining its sovereignty from the overbearing EU” and that narrative is not methodically and repeatedly dismantled, it risks carrying enough support to win general elections, regardless of how far that is from the truth.

I do fear that while not authoritarian to the same degree as Russia, we do seem to be running increasingly along the lines of other “strongman” states where we effectively use “us against a hostile world” propaganda to shore up support and discourage dissent.

It’s really distasteful to me to see this happening here, and while Labour (correctly) took a lot of flak for allowing Corbyn to rise to the top, I’m far more disappointed that the Conservative Party has allowed Johnson free reign to remodel the party in his image.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I think I that is exactly what the government will do. Unfortunately we must uphold the law, even if we have to employ the ECHR to do so. We must not show weakness. But yes, there is a real danger this will help the Tory’s win another election.

They are trying to whip up a fever amongst the scared right wingers, akin to that of Brexit.

Shameful. And effective.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I wonder if they will ignore the ECHR and deport them anyway...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If only our journalists would point out that it was Winston Churchill who was an instigator of the ECHR in 1952, and maybe the general public will see what these criminals are trying to do to our country.

As it is, many will hear European court and blame Europe.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1536799065396191233[/tweet]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What would they bring to the party for the EU to welcome them with open arms?

They could follow the exact same model as Ireland which went from almost zero to one of the most accelerated countries in Europe all within 15 years and with a balanced economy of finance, manufacturing, tech, life sciences and various service industries? They will also have the additional benefit of being able to entice English firms across the border who want to cut out the Brexit red tape of customs borders and have huge pool of resource to fuel their growth. I’d say Scotland will be in a powerful position.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They could follow the exact same model as Ireland which went from zero to one of the most accelerated countries in Europe all within 15 years and with a balanced economy of finance, manufacturing, tech, life sciences and various service industries? They will also have the additional benefit of being able to entice English firms across the border who want to cut out the Brexit red tape of customs borders and have huge pool of resource to fuel their growth. I’d say Scotland will be in a powerful position.

The Irish Republic (along with Lux and Netherlands) have facilitated tax avoidance on a colossal scale.

Dell, Microsoft, Google, Apple, contributing 80% of Irish corporation tax, 25% of jobs.

Depriving France, UK, Germany etc of £500b in corporation tax.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And the other two Celtic nations mentioned, assuming any vote for Scottish independence is to leave the Union?

Let’s address Scotland first. What do you think?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1536804398050983938[/tweet]

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
And the other two Celtic nations mentioned, assuming any vote for Scottish independence is to leave the Union?

it'll be a couple of years for the scots to gain the exit referendum, and when the welsh see what they could have, they will obviously soon follow.

the northern irish voted to remain, and with sinn fein in the ascendency, i would imagine that a fair few proddies will get round to thinking, how bad would a united ireland be for me?

interesting, 15 years?, is this what you voted for?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
it'll be a couple of years for the scots to gain the exit referendum, and when the welsh see what they could have, they will obviously soon follow.

the northern irish voted to remain, and with sinn fein in the ascendency, i would imagine that a fair few proddies will get round to thinking, how bad would a united ireland be for me?

interesting, 15 years?, is this what you voted for?

If the EU exists then, text me, ok hun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here