Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What vote would this be ? As Theresa May had already ruled out the customs union in her first set of red lines, prior to negotiations even opening with the EU and way before any votes on any proposed solutions (none of which included staying in the customs union) :shrug:

Her deal with the NI backstop was defeated by the ERG voting against her.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
i think that in coming years, the three celtic nations will opt out of the uk and rejoin the eu. that will give the tories a huge majority of "safe" seats in england. this will be the time for naval gazing and feeling sorry for ourselves. as you say, we have to decide what type of a country we wish to be. things will get a lot worse before they get better, ah well, collective responsibilty, and all that!

I agree with much of this. I don't know for sure of course, but I believe there is a majority of decent people in England who are dismayed and angry at our evolving reputation since 2016.

Maybe in a few years time the jingoistic, confrontational national stance that Johnson and his cabal exploited will be recognised as an aberration and consigned to the dustbin of history where it belongs.... but I suspect we will have more pain to endure before then....

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Blaming the population for this shower of ***** is a little unfair :) The Tory party/cabinet, the system that allows those blinkered sheisters into positions of power and the press that back the lies to even begin to influence the public's opinion is the pile of steaming turd we are dealing with.

The internet was always going to work best for those prepared to lose their moral compass.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
eh? :facepalm:

the eu is a more powerful and efficient entity the larger it gets :shrug:

why would the eu not want an extra 10m people that had voted to join them?

OK, we'll keep it simple and start at the beginning.

You seriously believe that, given the chance, Scotland, Wales and NI would choose to go it alone? Where is your evidence for this?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I don't know, pray tell the details of their entry requirements.

In the meantime, I wish you well in your quest to break up the Union.

i'm not sure if this is sacasm or not.

bungle****'s divisiveness will have broken up the uk, not me, and you will keep on voting for him :shrug:

you, specifically, are one of the people who need to decide which type of nation you would like to live in

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You seriously believe that, given the chance, Scotland, Wales and NI would choose to go it alone? Where is your evidence for this?
You've got some nerve demanding explanations for points of view when only yesterday you thought it was ok to post a new thread of utter drivel (insinuating false equivalence between the conduct of Starmer and the fat slob in charge) but scuttled off like a ten year old because you were incapable of defending what you'd written.

How about you engage yourself before expecting others to?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

wtaf? the snp, plaid cymru, and, i don't know if you noticed that sinn fein are the majority party after the recent election :shrug:

are you sure you're paying attention?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Let’s not let POTG drag this into the pit. It’s a good thread that trolls like him want buried.

Let’s not dance to his tune.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You've got some nerve demanding explanations for points of view when only yesterday you thought it was ok to post a new thread of utter drivel (insinuating false equivalence between the conduct of Starmer and the fat slob in charge) but scuttled off like a ten year old because you were incapable of defending what you'd written.

How about you engage yourself before expecting others to?

Is that scuttling I hear :lolol:

So now he has logged off he will continue to constantly follow the thread throughout the rest of his nightly NSC 'shift'. There then comes a point where he can't resist any longer and simply has to log on, give a thumbs up and then logoff very quickly again.

Now he is in a predicament. He is dying to give this post a thumbs up but doesn't want to appear to spend his whole life monitoring NSC. Decisions decisions

But at least this thread can get back on topic now :thumbsup:

Boris Johnson’s new ‘cost of living tsar’ said he lacks intelligence and called for him to quit

Boris Johnson’s new “cost of living tsar” called for him to quit No 10 over Partygate and suggested he lacks intelligence, it has emerged. David Buttress, a former head of the Just Eat online food delivery service, has been asked to develop new business-led ideas to help people struggling with falling living standards.

But, in January, as Mr Johnson was engulfed by the scandal over the lawbreaking No 10 parties, Mr Buttress tore into the prime minister’s failings on Twitter. “Never confuse an expensive education with intelligence or integrity,” he tweeted. “I don’t think Boris is particularly blessed with either, imagine if he had not had the many privileges he has experienced. Does anyone believe he would be PM on merit? Not a chance, mate.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/boris-johnsons-new-cost-of-living-tsar-said-he-lacks-intelligence-and-called-for-him-to-quit/ar-AAYsfGQ?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAnZ9Ug

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
i think that in coming years, the three celtic nations will opt out of the uk and rejoin the eu. that will give the tories a huge majority of "safe" seats in england. this will be the time for naval gazing and feeling sorry for ourselves. as you say, we have to decide what type of a country we wish to be. things will get a lot worse before they get better, ah well, collective responsibilty, and all that!

Johnson is an English nationalist and cares little for unity in our union of countries, just stay in power at all costs.

Anyone that votes for him is effectively burning their own Union flag under faux patriotism. You know who you are on here...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I am afraid, for all the dissenting voices on here, other social media outlets and vox pop in general, come the next general election people will do what they have done in so many of the most recent elections, return a Tory government through self interest and fear!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Does calling out his arguments as 'incoherent ramblings' (which they are) risk such an outcome?

It’s only my opinion but he’s looking for a binfest. Engaging with him makes about as much sense as trying to reason with Ppf.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Johnson is an English nationalist and cares little for unity in our union of countries, just stay in power at all costs.

Anyone that votes for him is effectively burning their own Union flag under faux patriotism. You know who you are on here...

is Johnson is an English nationalist? i beleive that he is leader of the cvntservative and union party

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does calling out his arguments as 'incoherent ramblings' (which they are) risk such an outcome?

A thread shouldn't be toombstoned for the inclusion of facts, should it? ???

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
GBP / USD just dropped below 1.20, investors are starting to shun the UK. Markets losing faith in this useless government

Capture.PNG

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
You gotta love potg. He is on a one-man crusade to get get us all believe that Borris is doing good and Sir Kier is the bad one.. [emoji3]

He is not even trying to be a wum, its what he actually believes. Each to their own I suppose.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
wtaf? the snp, plaid cymru, and, i don't know if you noticed that sinn fein are the majority party after the recent election :shrug:

are you sure you're paying attention?

He doesn’t want to pay attention. He just asks questions trying to derail the thread. Best ignored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here