Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Starmer would be a much needed steady hand in Government.At this point we don't need a leader with big ideas. Moronic big ideas with no substance have landed us in the shit.

What we need is someone who will firstly, not damage our democracy and ministerial code. That's the primary concern; stop the damage.

Secondly address the cost of living crisis in a way that is sustainable. Perhaps have a serious look at a universal minimum income for all. Lump sums, while an attractive immediate relief, do not solve the problem of long term poverty.

Then set about fixing the Brexit and NI mess. Get back in the single market and start rebuilding relations with the EU. I'm not saying reverse Brexit, I am saying at least look at ways to make it work that don't involve us reneging on deals and leaving us with soured relations with our neighbours.

These steps do not need a profiteering populist. They need a steady hand and a leader who is willing to do the right thing whether it makes him unpopular or not.

Send out the clowns.
Well said.

^ That is exactly what the country needs to start getting off its knees.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Starmer would be a much needed steady hand in Government.At this point we don't need a leader with big ideas. Moronic big ideas with no substance have landed us in the shit.

What we need is someone who will firstly, not damage our democracy and ministerial code. That's the primary concern; stop the damage.

Secondly address the cost of living crisis in a way that is sustainable. Perhaps have a serious look at a universal minimum income for all. Lump sums, while an attractive immediate relief, do not solve the problem of long term poverty.

Then set about fixing the Brexit and NI mess. Get back in the single market and start rebuilding relations with the EU. I'm not saying reverse Brexit, I am saying at least look at ways to make it work that don't involve us reneging on deals and leaving us with soured relations with our neighbours.

These steps do not need a profiteering populist. They need a steady hand and a leader who is willing to do the right thing whether it makes him unpopular or not.

Send out the clowns.

That is rather elegantly put.

I find Starmer rather dull, and was initially disappointed, but he's confident enough, and not irritable and weird like Gordon Brown. And has never been sacked for lying.

The last thing we need right now is another charismatic leader. We need someone with experience of leading something portentous. Now, what did Starmer get his knighthood for? ???

Someone different from the bloke who 'led' London by leaving meetings early (to the relief of everone round the table) and spaffing money on megaprojects (that failed to come to fruition). Even the 'Boris Bike' is bullshit - the bikes were set up by Ken Livingstone, FFS. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santander_Cycles

Charlatan out, dullard in!

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That is rather elegantly put.

I find Starmer rather dull, and was initially diappointed, but he's confident enough, and not irritable and weird like Gordon Brown. And has never been sackd for lying.

The last thing we need right now is another charismatic leader. We need someone with experience of leading something portentous. Now, what did Starmer get his knighthood for? ???

Someone different from the bloke who 'led' London by leaving meetings early (to the relief of everone round the table) ans spaffing money on megaprojects (that failed to come to fruition). Even the 'Boris Bike' is bullshit - the bikes were set up by Ken Livingstone, FFS. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santander_Cycles

Charlatan out, dullard in!

Quite. I mean, it doesn't need to be Starmer but I'd take a solicitor over a, um, rather than a, err..what is Johnson qualified to do?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite. I mean, it doesn't need to be Starmer but I'd take a solicitor over a, um, rather than a, err..what is Johnson qualified to do?

Speak latin while impregnating impressionable and/or ambitious younger women?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Speak latin while impregnating impressionable and/or ambitious younger women?

I always tend think of him a bit like Fat Barry at the Stag in the old village (I'm sure you'll remember). He could smell a mug punter at fifty yards and would take them to the cleaners.

However I suspect that if the same amount of money had been spent on Fat Barry's upbringing and education he would have certainly out performed Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson in his PM role having a far greater intellectual capacity for detail and sadly, would have proven to be far more honest and principled :(

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Boris Johnson will reportedly announce the return of imperial measurements to mark the Queen’s platinum jubilee, in an apparent attempt to garner support among Brexiter voters in battleground seats that the Conservatives are in danger of losing.

Britain currently uses a mix of imperial and metric measurements, with speed limits in miles per hour and milk and beer bought in pints.

The prime minister, under increasing pressure after further damaging revelations in the Partygate scandal, is expected to announce next week that British shops will be allowed to sell products in pounds and ounces to coincide with celebrations for the monarch’s 70 years on the throne.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Boris Johnson will reportedly announce the return of imperial measurements to mark the Queen’s platinum jubilee, in an apparent attempt to garner support among Brexiter voters in battleground seats that the Conservatives are in danger of losing.

That's a brilliant joke. Absolutely ridiculous. Garages lining up to advertise the cost of a gallon of fuel no doubt.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Tory meltdown incoming...

Which policies are you referring to?

Policies? Boris doesn’t have policies … he makes statements then hopes they happen. A strategy that one Adolf Hitler used. It’s the go to weapon of any populist leader and is lapped up by their less than bright supporters. All mouth but no substance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here