Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As Beorthelm posted, it was a cack handed quote, but it has been jumped on by those who wish to see no use or good in anything suggested on here by those whose political views do not correspond with their own.
That is the tribalism I refer to and I see nothing in suggesting ways in which those who are struggling may help themselves as not being humanitarian.

Look up Lee Anderson and you will see he isn’t cackhanded. He is a nasty piece of work caught out in deceit, on camera, when campaigning and received an Asbo in his previous life as a Labour councillor.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
As Beorthelm posted, it was a cack handed quote, but it has been jumped on by those who wish to see no use or good in anything suggested on here by those whose political views do not correspond with their own.
That is the tribalism I refer to and I see nothing in suggesting ways in which those who are struggling may help themselves as not being humanitarian.

Cack handed my arse. A deliberate shot at blaming the poor for the need to use food banks. Totally and utterly contemptible. Yet you seem not to have an issue with it other than it’s cack handed. To me cack handed in this case means he’s right but used the wrong words. Ffs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
A cackhanded comment from a nasty piece of work. It was deliberate to stir up trouble and deflect from other things going on, such as Johnson not providing the security of appointing Lebedev, two weeks overdue, which is contempt of Parliament amongst other things.
Talking of which, Lebedev could lose his seat in the HOL for not turning up, and has anybody seen Carrie lately?

Dead cats, always look around.

You appear to have far more interest in the nitty gritty of politics than I do and I have little or no knowledge of the MP in question. Additionally, I have no idea about the alleged deliberate deflection re Lebedev, so I can’t comment.
PS.I have just read your further post re this MP and he does appear to be a nasty piece of work .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow! You think that Tories are out of touch? Listen to yourself man. If you are struggling to make ends meet you do what is necessary, not buy overpriced, low nutrition ready meals or Maccy Ds. Or maybe they should head down to one of your overpriced eateries and beg for some scraps? Pompous and entitled does not come close.

:facepalm:

Edit: face palm is preferable to prick.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Cack handed my arse. A deliberate shot at blaming the poor for the need to use food banks. Totally and utterly contemptible. Yet you seem not to have an issue with it other than it’s cack handed. To me cack handed in this case means he’s right but used the wrong words. Ffs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deportivo, you are putting words into my mouth.
I have at no time said I agree with his comments re blaming the poor for using food banks.
If you read all the comments I have made on the particular topic of food and cooking in this thread you will get a clearer view of my position.
There is no need to Ffs me.
Anyway, I am off to go and watch something on Netflix now, so good evening to you.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Look up Lee Anderson and you will see he isn’t cackhanded. He is a nasty piece of work caught out in deceit, on camera, when campaigning and received an Asbo in his previous life as a Labour councillor.

What, this Lee Anderson?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mean while, HMRC have stated there will be no controls on

• a requirement for safety and security declarations on EU imports
• a requirement for further health certification and SPS checks for EU imports
• on the import of chilled meats from the EU

No requirement for safety and security declarations on EU imports..........this beggars belief. The message was protecting your borders....this is the exact opposite. Astonishing.

It didn’t take long

“Chicken products recalled over salmonella fears”

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61424999

[MENTION=29976]dsr-burnley[/MENTION] maybe you should advise poor people to roast pork after 12 hours work?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

But it wasn’t a cackhanded comment though was it.

We have all said something, that on paper, didn’t sound quite right (cackhanded) and admitted so, but Mr Anderson has gone on to defend his stance with Ready Steady Cook quotes and cooking lessons are cheaper than takeaways. So no, not cackhanded at all. He meant what he said.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There have been some reasonable views put forward re cooking, but some on here will not tolerate views they don’t agree with.
I consider myself centre right and am no fan of Johnson or many of the incompetents in the Government, as I have stated on this forum a number of times. However, whilst you may consider yourself a centrist, there are those whose tribalism prevents any views that digress from their own to be considered reasonable. This immediately makes any discussion very difficult.

This is (look at the title) the anti-tory thread, it’s not supposed to be a place for discussion or debate.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
It didn’t take long

“Chicken products recalled over salmonella fears”

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61424999

[MENTION=29976]dsr-burnley[/MENTION] maybe you should advise poor people to roast pork after 12 hours work?
This has gone beyond mistake or stupidity, this is you being a liar. I did make any suggestions for people who work 12 hour days and have no money for food.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
so we've established that in place of food banks, those facing hardship should be provided ready made meals, presumably delivered, and its about time government provided this. unless i've mis-understood something?
bizarre how suggestion of home cooking should be turned into a partisan political argument. because a Tory MP made a cackhanded comment, so assumed anyone making related suggestions must be politically aligned. i'd have thought everyone would agree we should all have enough food and that everyone would benefit from being able to cook. turns out as this is not 100% inclusive for everyone, its rejected. i have no idea what the real solution is, its certainly not solve how this debate has gone.

that's a tad naive!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

tribalism is describing it as a cack handed quote, do you seriously think he didn't know what he was saying?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This has gone beyond mistake or stupidity, this is you being a liar. I did make any suggestions for people who work 12 hour days and have no money for food.

Maybe they should bake potatoes instead?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But it wasn’t a cackhanded comment though was it.

We have all said something, that on paper, didn’t sound quite right (cackhanded) and admitted so, but Mr Anderson has gone on to defend his stance with Ready Steady Cook quotes and cooking lessons are cheaper than takeaways. So no, not cackhanded at all. He meant what he said.

He also lied. His local food bank do not say people should have cooking lessons.

They say what he said was an insult to the whole community.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...out-of-touch-in-sutton-in-ashfield-say-locals

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here