Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Tory MP Craig Whittaker has called for Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak to quit after they were fined for breaching coronavirus laws.

According to the Halifax Courier, the Calder Valley MP said during a Facebook Q and A: “I not only think that the prime minister should resign but I also think that Rishi Sunak should resign as well.

“Through this whole process it hasn’t been particularly clear that the prime minister broke any rules until of course he’s been issued with a fixed penalty notice this week.

“My expectation is that he and the chancellor should do the right thing and resign.

“The reality is that they’re not going to resign. We’ve seen that from the press and they’ve both issued apologies so I suspect we’ll end up where we are and moving on.”

The MP said he will not be submitting a letter to the 1922 Committee of backbench Tories, saying he expects the prime minister would win the vote which would detract from the government’s “day-to-day” business."

So there we have it, no letter of no confidence because he believes BJ has a majority and would win it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Cop out. Lacks the same integrity as Johnson.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You echo a lot of my thoughts on the subject. The choice between Johnson and Corbyn was like watching Portsmouth V Palace in the FA Cup final and having to cheer one on. If you think back to the Salisbury poison incident, Jezza's bright idea was to send it back to Russia and see what they thought. He'd have been a complete shambles with the Ukraine situation right now. Given the antics of his brother during covid, I'm not sure he'd have been a safer pair of hands during that crisis either. Back to the football analogy it's like choosing between Akpom and Obika up front in the Amex area. I don't want either.

Starmer seems a safe enough pair of hands to me but there is still a solid 30% voting for the current incumbent during polls. If the previous few years hasnt convinced that 30% he is unsuitable, I'm not sure what will. There are a number of people out there that are unwilling to change their views no matter what eveidence is thrown their way.

Likewise…….a clear ‘none of the above’ choice ideally. Genuinely don’t know who from the current lot on either side I’d want (or trust to be) in charge at the moment.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Tory MP Craig Whittaker has called for Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak to quit after they were fined for breaching coronavirus laws.

According to the Halifax Courier, the Calder Valley MP said during a Facebook Q and A: “I not only think that the prime minister should resign but I also think that Rishi Sunak should resign as well.

“Through this whole process it hasn’t been particularly clear that the prime minister broke any rules until of course he’s been issued with a fixed penalty notice this week.

“My expectation is that he and the chancellor should do the right thing and resign.

“The reality is that they’re not going to resign. We’ve seen that from the press and they’ve both issued apologies so I suspect we’ll end up where we are and moving on.”

The MP said he will not be submitting a letter to the 1922 Committee of backbench Tories, saying he expects the prime minister would win the vote which would detract from the government’s “day-to-day” business."

So there we have it, no letter of no confidence because he believes BJ has a majority and would win it.

No surprise though that the “red wall” MPs are the ones starting to get nervous. If Johnson drags the Tory vote down they’re the first ones the electorate are likely to kick out the door. If Labour win the inevitable by-election in Wakefield then the bums will be squeaking.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No surprise though that the “red wall” MPs are the ones starting to get nervous. If Johnson drags the Tory vote down they’re the first ones the electorate are likely to kick out the door. If Labour win the inevitable by-election in Wakefield then the bums will be squeaking.

The 'Red Wall' Tory gains is something of a red herring. In simple terms these people were voting with Boris to "Get Brexit Done", but also to send a signal to Labour to sort their shit out. Now that's happened they won't give a shit dropping the Tories, especially as Brexit hasn't done what it said on the tin.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
511DF700-FFC5-4203-9E9F-F71B6550306A.jpeg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tory meltdown incoming...

Boris Johnson supporters are a different breed

Safe to say Julia Hartley Brewer is right wing, yet is being called a Labour loving left winger for calling him to go.

Insane

They are just thick-as-f***

JHB is a media ‘symbol’ of the right wing. She is always wheeled out to spout the sort of nonsense you find in the Daily Mail.

So, to label her as a ‘labour loving left winger’ takes a very special type of dim-wittery.

Johnson’s appeal to some of the intellectually least capable in our society is obviously still strong.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It fun to watch the 10 minutes with a cake sycophants defend the next phase of criminal acts

It was only 40 minutes. Every did it.

It was only 2 hours. Didn’t you break any rules?

It was only two cans of beer and a line of coke. Move on.

So what if the party was in his private flat? How was he to know about it?

Starmer had a warm can of Carling at his desk, 3 months later when the rules had changed. Exactly the same thing. Why aren’t you calling that out?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It fun to watch the 10 minutes with a cake sycophants defend the next phase of criminal acts

They’ll need three more excuses for each further fine.

I’m guessing………

Fine 1. ‘He just ate a slice of cake FFS!’
Fine 2. ‘Dominic Cummings told him it was NOT a party!’
Fine 3. ‘He entered a room, not knowing there was a party inside’.
Fine 4. ‘This was a meeting with ‘refreshments’ in the garden, NOT a party’.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They’ll need three more excuses for each further fine.

I’m guessing………

Fine 1. ‘He just ate a slice of cake FFS!’
Fine 2. ‘Dominic Cummings told him it was NOT a party!’
Fine 3. ‘He entered a room, not knowing there was a party inside’.
Fine 4. ‘This was a meeting with ‘refreshments’ in the garden, NOT a party’.

"No wonder the PM didn't realise it was a party - he is used to proper parties at Lebedev's villa. Oh, hang on..."

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This is how I see the next few weeks panning out. I am influenced by a savvy 'behind the scenes' team fully capable of reading the room despite the cluster**** comprising the cabinet.

The Tories will see a backlash in the local elections but not to Labour - the lost votes will be spread. As we have seen from a couple of elections lately, the Greens have done tremendously. I cannot see them doing so well nationally. The clever types will take the bloody nose but stand their ground knowing that the electorate will probably not pile in with votes to Labour at the next GE - believing that they will have enough support to get over the line in enough constituencies to stay in charge. bungle**** will bluster it out and nobody will challenge him.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This is how I see the next few weeks panning out. I am influenced by a savvy 'behind the scenes' team fully capable of reading the room despite the cluster**** comprising the cabinet.

The Tories will see a backlash in the local elections but not to Labour - the lost votes will be spread. As we have seen from a couple of elections lately, the Greens have done tremendously. I cannot see them doing so well nationally. The clever types will take the bloody nose but stand their ground knowing that the electorate will probably not pile in with votes to Labour at the next GE - believing that they will have enough support to get over the line in enough constituencies to stay in charge. bungle**** will bluster it out and nobody will challenge him.

I keep hearing those on the centre left saying Johnson is finished and he can't win again. I think what you are saying is right, unless people really do engage seriously in tactical voting in the next GE to beat Blukip.

If Labour had Scotland still we'd be in a very different place. The irony is it will Nicola Sturgeon keeping the Tories in power

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Likewise…….a clear ‘none of the above’ choice ideally. Genuinely don’t know who from the current lot on either side I’d want (or trust to be) in charge at the moment.

If I have read your post correctly and you are talking about today, the 14th April 2022, then I'm afraid you probably deserve the Government you've got, whatever your political allegiances. Sorry :shrug:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was only 40 minutes. Every did it.

It was only 2 hours. Didn’t you break any rules?

It was only two cans of beer and a line of coke. Move on.

So what if the party was in his private flat? How was he to know about it?

Starmer had a warm can of Carling at his desk, 3 months later when the rules had changed. Exactly the same thing. Why aren’t you calling that out?

Starmer’s lunchtime beer was 2021 when he was campaigning for a by-election. The rules were definitely different.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tom Tugendhat now second favourite to be next Tory leader.

Perhaps we're finally going to have an adult back in the room...

There's a lot I'd disagree with him on, but I'd have respect for him as PM. Not being a serial liar and criminal is a good start

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Project 'Save Big Dog' with its latest policy for distraction:

Boris Johnson campaigned for Brexit on the grounds that it would allow the UK to “take back control” of its immigration arrangements. But the government’s failure to stop people crossing the Channel in small boats to claim asylum (almost 30,000 last year) has made a mockery of that, and today Johnson is going to announce a new approach that will make government policy in this area more hardline than it has been for decades.

The government is going to sign a deal with Rwanda for it to take some of the people crossing the Channel in the hope of settling in Britain. Instead they will be flown 4,500 miles away to Africa. Full details of the plan have not yet been revealed, but it seems the policy will apply to single men. Some reports have said they will be taken to Rwanda to have their asylum applications processed, but*Mark Easton,*the BBC’s home affairs editor, told Radio 4’s Today programme within the last hour that it would be a “one-way ticket” for people who would be settled in*Rwanda.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here