Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I genuinely believe that if any previous PM or Chancellor, of any political party, was fined for breaking the law, they would resign.

I won't hold my breath.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Maybe next time people will question what’s being said? These guys clearly didn’t care about it whilst making the rules with more information.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wonder how he's going to wriggle out of this one now ?

" There were no Parties "

" All Covid rules were followed

" They were informal works gatherings."

" There may have been parties but I did not attend any ".

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sunak surprises me.

BoJo not so.

SAC

May 21, 2014
How shit are their parties if you can attend one without realising it?

BJ needs to resign now. I doubt he will though, which is good news for the opposition parties.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Utterly contemptible and unfit to govern. This is a government that exists only to please itself. Just go Johnson, just go. I suspect Sunak will just bugger off of his own accord as he has been well and truly rumbled this week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe next time people will question what’s being said? These guys clearly didn’t care about it whilst making the rules with more information.

Is that your only take on this? In the meantime, over 300 people died yesterday,

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I genuinely believe that if any previous PM or Chancellor, of any political party, was fined for breaking the law, they would resign.

I won't hold my breath.

Tony Blair was once advised that being interviewed under caution would be enough to be classed as a resignation matter. He never was.

We now know the PM is himself guilty of a crime committed while in office. In a normal country his position would be untenable.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How or should I say who, is going to pay Johnsons fine? He's strapped for cash remember?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our own experience of a coalition was a disaster with Clegg getting into bed with the Tories when, historically, you'd have thought the libdems were more aligned towards labour philosphy!

Low inflation, low interest rates, rebuilding from the banking crisis, delaying the ridiculous Brexit Referendum and maintaining a political coalition that held for the full 5 year term, and you call THAT a disaster?!?

It's been 35 years since the Tories ran the show alone whilst displaying any sign of competence or strategy. This government is easily the worst in my 53 years.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
How or should I say who, is going to pay Johnsons fine? He's strapped for cash remember?

either a tory party doner or the great british public I'd imagine!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I won't hold my breath.

The law-breaking itself, is a resigning matter on any level of political decency, and by all previous precedent.

The lying about the law-breaking in Parliament is a mandatory resigning matter under the ministerial code.

There is literally no moral, constitutional or legal justification for Johnson to stay in his post.

He'll 'apologise', for the 'misunderstandings / errors of judgement / any offence caused' and suggest 'the country wants everyone to move on'..

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The law-breaking itself, is a resigning matter on any level of political decency, and by all previous precedent.

The lying about the law-breaking in Parliament is a mandatory resigning matter under the ministerial code.

There is literally no moral, constitutional or legal justification for Johnson to stay in his post.

He'll 'apologise', for the 'misunderstandings / errors of judgement / any offence caused' and suggest 'the country wants everyone to move on'..

Fined for breaking the law when PM is bad enough. Fined when breaking an emergency law to protect the public that you personally brought in surely makes your position untenable.

Doesn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here