Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1513622831053082625[/tweet]

[tweet]1513623057771937799[/tweet]

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
To bring a paedophile to justice is incredibly difficult. The bar is very high to get them to court and often the victims do not make great witnesses. To get a successful conviction the evidence must have been very strong. Perhaps the M.P would have been better off questioning why the Conservatives decided to not outlaw 'Conversion Therapy' for transgender people, if he's concerned about LGBTQ+ issues.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, it was to protect plantation owners in Georgian times.

Paying the Living Wage, no doubt.

Or was it providing much needed income to peasants struggling to subsist after we'd nicked all their land?

It was all, however, a Long Time Ago. Nothing to see here.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
50CB2820-221A-4C35-903E-80A9329C0E63.jpeg

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Wow, a Tory MP backing a convicted child sex offender and trying to gain the moral high ground by putting LGBT+ rights at the centre of the discussion......

The defendant according to a sovereign BRITISH Court has come to the conclusion that he was a preditory pedophile, his sexual persuasion has nothing to do with his crimes. If the man isn't stripped of his party membership it will say a lot about the current government

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wow, a Tory MP backing a convicted child sex offender and trying to gain the moral high ground by putting LGBT+ rights at the centre of the discussion......

The defendant according to a sovereign BRITISH Court has come to the conclusion that he was a predatory pedophile, his sexual persuasion has nothing to do with his crimes. If the man isn't stripped of his party membership it will say a lot about the current government

And we enter the middle phase of Johnsonian political shamelessness.

Trust a Johnsonian to conflate sexual preference with criminality, in order to try to put a positive spin on a Johnsonian pedophile. Because he is a Johnsonian*. Shameless.

Incidentally, I appreciate that Labour has its own nest of dimwits and whatabouters. But I'd be interested if anyone can dredge up anything (in the last 5 years) that matches this Johnsonian level of shamelessness. PotG can shut the **** up with his nonsense, and **** the **** off with his derailment and Old Bollocks, in this context.

*Note that I have not used the word 'Tory' here. Right thinking Tories must be curling up like lettuce left in the sun right now, and they have my sympathies.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
On Tuesday morning, a Tory source told the BBC: "Crispin's views are wholly unacceptable. Following exchanges late last night, we expect the statement to be retracted first thing this morning."

Don’t hold your breath.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

He hasn't retracted his statement in any way shape or form.

The Reigate MP said: "I am sorry that my defence of him has been a cause of significant upset and concern not least to victims of sexual offences."

This is equivalent to "I am sorry that when I call Johnson a lying cheating **** this may have caused significant upset and concern, not least to his staunch supporters".

Pathetic.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
He's not retracted his statement. He's not apologised for his statement. He's sorry that this statement has upset people which is an entirely different thing

Indeed. The favoured type of "apology" from Tory MPs for several years now, implicitly suggesting that anyone who was offended or upset is a bit thick or too sensitive.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Indeed. The favoured type of "apology" from Tory MPs for several years now, implicitly suggesting that anyone who was offended or upset is a bit thick or too sensitive.

"I'm sorry my crass, offensive, ill-informed and bigoted comments offended any snowflakes or the Woke, but I do not agree with Cancel Culture ... unless we're muzzling Channel 4 and the BBC, or getting The Mash Report axed."

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Back to partygate

[tweet]1513827858182979585[/tweet]

And - no doubt - once again the names of the miscreants who broke the law will be hushed up.

All the names of those fined should be put in the public domain, just as those fined during the lockdowns were named and shamed in the media.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here