Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This all ignores the fact that we had a prime minister and his PPS plus of course lots of civil servants focused on this. I would disagree strongly about there being no admin time spent on any animals that could have saved people.

I am not saying he isn’t but I wonder what makes someone trustworthy like this? Why is someone who can get so much time spent on getting focus on him and his people/animals so trustworthy? Genuinely interested.

This is my ignorance - In desperate times could humans not have gone in the hold? If animals can survive then can humans not? Surely they all need enough oxygen etc.

Sorry, but there's plenty of rescue dogs here she could have had.

It's also the chaos around the airport and, like I said administrative bandwidth, on the ground, and in government that was diverted unnecessarily for what seems to be a Carrie vanity project that I object to. As well as the brazen lying that this wasn't authorised.

I couldn't give a stuff about Carrie or Johnson. Everyone knows they lie.

Pen Farthing was a Royal Marine and worked out in Afghanistan. He did most of the work by his own efforts until the Johnsons decided to poke their noses in.
The dog the mother got was actually looked after by her deceased son and then taken into the rescue centre after he died.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Worth remembering that someone being a marine does not immediately make them trustworthy. Just as someone being a politician doesn’t immediately make them bent.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Truss is a despicable human. And absolutely clueless. A liar and a turncoat. The lowest of the low. God forbid she becomes PM. I think she’d be worse than Johnson. And that’s going some.

Oh God - please don’t suggest he’d be replaced by someone even worse!

It is such a travesty that so many UK voters STILL don’t see that this is the most corrupt, useless and dangerous government that has been elected in the UK in modern times.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
A lot of people pinning their hopes on the Tories throwing out this mess of a Prime Minister are perhaps missing the point that many MPs are considering doing so because they think he's not rightwing enough. Not because he's an incompetent liar.

The question arises: do we hope Johnson stumbles on until the election, which he'd be on course to lose, ideally to a progressive alliance; or see him replaced with a hardliner from the right of the party, with all the policy shifts that would entail?

A lot of damage is being done by Johnson and his band of wreckers, but maybe it would be even more unpleasant if he's replaced.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Imagine being "anti-woke".

"So, what do you think about racism?"

"Great, needs to be more of it IMHO."

It always make me smile when people describe themselves as 'anti-woke'. Surely that just means that they're asleep.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
yes that's precisely what I mean

how the right wing media (and people like Piers Morgan) portray the term is miles away from its actual meaning

Hopefully the term can be "re-captured" in the same way that words such as "gay" and "queer" have been. The right wing media think the term "woke" is some sort of insult. If you're proud to be woke, then it isn't!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A lot of people pinning their hopes on the Tories throwing out this mess of a Prime Minister are perhaps missing the point that many MPs are considering doing so because they think he's not rightwing enough. Not because he's an incompetent liar.

The question arises: do we hope Johnson stumbles on until the election, which he'd be on course to lose, ideally to a progressive alliance; or see him replaced with a hardliner from the right of the party, with all the policy shifts that would entail?

A lot of damage is being done by Johnson and his band of wreckers, but maybe it would be even more unpleasant if he's replaced.

Unfortunately, that’s always a risk. Yes, we will probably get someone worse. Johnson sacked all the decent MP’s.
However, he lied to his superiors, broke the rules and the law. His subordinates are out of control, he’s blown the budget by spending it all on his mates and he misses vital, safety critical meetings and briefings. Amongst many other things.
If I did that in my job There no way I’d expect to keep my job. He’s not a monarch. He’s a civil servant and he needs to be sacked. With immediate effect.

A leadership challenge could trigger a general election. That’s best case scenario.

But let’s face it, he’s going nowhere. No.10 have already released a statement saying that even if he answers questions under caution he will not have to resign. Does anybody still believe he’s leaving? Get real.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It always make me smile when people describe themselves as 'anti-woke'. Surely that just means that they're asleep.

A bit like being against 'antifa' - anti - anti - Fascism. What does that equal?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

I can't stand this government, but I can see the argument that if the Tories kicked out Boris and installed Sunak that would be better for the country than Boris staying, as at least he's a basically capable individual.

I can see the tory mp's wanting him as he would be likely to help many of them keep their seats. But I can't see the members being that disciplined when picking from the final 2. They will go for the chief provider of red meat.

The best bet electorally for the tories is to appoint Sunak unopposed, but Truss, Gove etc aren't that disciplined. They want the top job

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
In the meantime, Liz Truss used £500,000 of taxpayers' money when she flew to Australia on a private jet.

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...ss-australia-private-jet-flight-b2001692.html

I will never tire of this gif.

liz-truss.gif

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't stand this government, but I can see the argument that if the Tories kicked out Boris and installed Sunak that would be better for the country than Boris staying, as at least he's a basically capable individual.

I can see the tory mp's wanting him as he would be likely to help many of them keep their seats. But I can't see the members being that disciplined when picking from the final 2. They will go for the chief provider of red meat.

The best bet electorally for the tories is to appoint Sunak unopposed, but Truss, Gove etc aren't that disciplined. They want the top job

The result of such a leadership contest may also be influenced by the significant number of racists in the Tory membership.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...en-would-be-proud-to-have-muslim-pm-pg3fd60vb

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ant-muslim-prime-minister-islamophobia-survey

https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...ty-members-believe-islam-is-threat-poll-finds

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[Tweet]1486321522528686093[/Tweet]

Well if yesterday is anything to go by, he does seem to have a point

[Tweet]1486311141127110667[/Tweet]
[Tweet]1486621526896041988[/Tweet]

Seems a shame that Sue Gray has been limited to Johnson's lies about parties at Downing Street. If she investigated all lies by Johnson, she would have a job for life.

And yet there are still the same posters on here who think that Johnson supports their best interests. Of course they may all be significant players with major investments and contacts that have benefited hugely from Johnson's decisions, but choose to spend their spare time (of which they seem to have a lot) on NSC [emoji38]ol:

She'd be heading up the biggest team in Whitehall if she had to investigate all Johnson's lies. Lol.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here