Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I followed the whole saga from the start. It was a privately chartered plane, Pen organised his own staff to load the plane etc and there was plenty of air space available for flights. He is trustworthy whereas I wouldn't trust any press reports or politicians' comments.
Your comment about poodles tells me everything I want to know about your opinion.
One dog went to a mother of a soldier who died out there. It had been promised to her.

This all ignores the fact that we had a prime minister and his PPS plus of course lots of civil servants focused on this. I would disagree strongly about there being no admin time spent on any animals that could have saved people.

I am not saying he isn’t but I wonder what makes someone trustworthy like this? Why is someone who can get so much time spent on getting focus on him and his people/animals so trustworthy? Genuinely interested.

This is my ignorance - In desperate times could humans not have gone in the hold? If animals can survive then can humans not? Surely they all need enough oxygen etc.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I followed the whole saga from the start. It was a privately chartered plane, Pen organised his own staff to load the plane etc and there was plenty of air space available for flights. He is trustworthy whereas I wouldn't trust any press reports or politicians' comments.
Your comment about poodles tells me everything I want to know about your opinion.
One dog went to a mother of a soldier who died out there. It had been promised to her.

Sorry, but there's plenty of rescue dogs here she could have had.

It's also the chaos around the airport and, like I said administrative bandwidth, on the ground, and in government that was diverted unnecessarily for what seems to be a Carrie vanity project that I object to. As well as the brazen lying that this wasn't authorised.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The three 'defences' of Johnson I have heard continuously since he became PM, and I still hear today are:

a) "All political leaders are corrupt and only in it for themselves; why pick on Boris?"
b) "That Commie terrorist-loving **** Corbyn would have been a lot worse."
c) "At least Boris 'got Brexit done', and has presided over a succesful vaccine roll-out to defeat Covid to allow our lives to return to near normality."

A lot of his defenders would still support him even if he murdered their family and burned down their house right in front of their eyes - their continued adulation of him is like some kind of cult-worship (rather like that whch some on the Left displayed towards Corbyn) :mad:.
We genuinely seem to be in a Trump #2 situation with Johnson, he obviously has no idea what he is doing but somehow his supporters stick to him like shit to a blanket . If he hasn't already he would climb over any of them to get to the fire exit first or throw them under a bus if his position is/was threatened.

We can all see he has lied his way through the " Partygate " stage by stage as the onion like layers of his deceptions are revealed and laid bare.
There are still a few more layers to go and I'm looking forward to seeing the flow chart of his demise from 1, " There were no Party's " to. .. " This morning I have tendered my resignation to HM The Queen......."

I have a bottle of Champagne left over from a birthday a few years back and when he goes, as he will, I'm cracking it open!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This all ignores the fact that we had a prime minister and his PPS plus of course lots of civil servants focused on this. I would disagree strongly about there being no admin time spent on any animals that could have saved people.

I am not saying he isn’t but I wonder what makes someone trustworthy like this? Why is someone who can get so much time spent on getting focus on him and his people/animals so trustworthy? Genuinely interested.

This is my ignorance - In desperate times could humans not have gone in the hold? If animals can survive then can humans not? Surely they all need enough oxygen etc.

Well yeh, it's the focus that's the issue.

The clear implication, which has been backed up in other government policies, that people from countries like Afghanistan are worth less than animals. That's the way they seem to be taking it. And I think I would be too.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I prefer to listen to Pen himself.

[tweet]1486636352322125831[/tweet]

Sorry but I would prioritise people over animals every time, particularly people who had put themselves at risk helping British service people. And if any plane was coming out and animals could survive in the hold, then desperate people could have too.

But this is off topic, which is that it was yet another thing that Johnson has lied about :shrug:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We genuinely seem to be in a Trump #2 situation with Johnson, he obviously has no idea what he is doing but somehow his supporters stick to him like shit to a blanket . If he hasn't already he would climb over any of them to get to the fire exit first or throw them under a bus if his position is/was threatened.

We can all see he has lied his way through the " Partygate " stage by stage as the onion like layers of his deceptions are revealed and laid bare.
There are still a few more layers to go and I'm looking forward to seeing the flow chart of his demise from 1, " There were no Party's " to. .. " This morning I have tendered my resignation to HM The Queen......."

I have a bottle of Champagne left over from a birthday a few years back and when he goes, as he will, I'm cracking it open!

My friend. It won't be time to crack open the bubbly.

He is likely to be replaces as PM by someone just as obnoxious.

My advice. Keep it the champers in your cupboard and get it out when this tory government has been booted out of power

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I am glad the animals got out and I think the actual facts of the story are a fuss about nothing that don’ greatly concern me. What does greatly concern me is another bare-faced lie from Boris Johnson.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

could have got alot more on the Airbus A330, only his staff and another small group, went half empty. weird that it occupied PMs time, or wasnt properly organised to have maximum help.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lord Frost is advocating purging the staff.

First, they came for the staff.....

[tweet]1486638218414014470[/tweet]

Imagine being "anti-woke".

"So, what do you think about racism?"

"Great, needs to be more of it IMHO."

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I am glad the animals got out and I think the actual facts of the story are a fuss about nothing that don’t do seen me greatly. What greatly concerns me is the bare-faced lie from Boris.

This is it isn't it. He has said, several times, that he had nothing to do with it and its a load of nonsense. Now it appears that he did have something to do with it and its not a load of nonsense.

You have to assume that everything he says is a lie, even orders of magnitude more so than other politicians.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
weird that it occupied PMs time, or wasnt properly organised to have maximum help.

Not really weird when he remember that the Foreign Sec and the permanent head of the FO were on holiday at the same time and neither thought Afghanistan was serious enough to delay their break.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Imagine being "anti-woke".

"So, what do you think about racism?"

"Great, needs to be more of it IMHO."

unfortunately "woke" has lost its original meaning. I am certainly woke in its actual sense, but not in the right wing media portrayal of it

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I am glad the animals got out and I think the actual facts of the story are a fuss about nothing that don’ greatly concern me. What does greatly concern me is another bare-faced lie from Boris Johnson.

Rory Stewart was on the TV this morning, saying that Johnson knows more ways to lie than anyone else. He also described him as an entertainer rather than a politician. He cited a case of, when Stewart was #2 to Johnson at the Foreign Office, they decided to censure Nigeria. Johnson went straight out and phoned the Nigerian President to congratulate him on his election victory.

As someone who has never voted Tory, and feels he never could, I think Mr Stewart could have changed that - the only one of the candidates from that leadership election that I would have considered a serious politician.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
[Tweet]1486321522528686093[/Tweet]

Well if yesterday is anything to go by, he does seem to have a point

[Tweet]1486311141127110667[/Tweet]
[Tweet]1486621526896041988[/Tweet]

Seems a shame that Sue Gray has been limited to Johnson's lies about parties at Downing Street. If she investigated all lies by Johnson, she would have a job for life.

And yet there are still the same posters on here who think that Johnson supports their best interests. Of course they may all be significant players with major investments and contacts that have benefited hugely from Johnson's decisions, but choose to spend their spare time (of which they seem to have a lot) on NSC :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
unfortunately "woke" has lost its original meaning. I am certainly woke in its actual sense, but not in the right wing media portrayal of it

Has it though? Or is it just an attempt to caricature and discredit it by people with more sinister motivations?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Has it though? Or is it just an attempt to caricature and discredit it by people with more sinister motivations?

yes that's precisely what I mean

how the right wing media (and people like Piers Morgan) portray the term is miles away from its actual meaning

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Rory Stewart was on the TV this morning, saying that Johnson knows more ways to lie than anyone else. He also described him as an entertainer rather than a politician. He cited a case of, when Stewart was #2 to Johnson at the Foreign Office, they decided to censure Nigeria. Johnson went straight out and phoned the Nigerian President to congratulate him on his election victory.

As someone who has never voted Tory, and feels he never could, I think Mr Stewart could have changed that - the only one of the candidates from that leadership election that I would have considered a serious politician.

Rory Stewart really is one of those "look at what you could have won" moments for Britain.

Instead we elected the worst PM at the worst possible time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here