Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nice....

Capture.PNG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I saw a rumour about this yesterday but held back because it was only a rumour. Several newer MPs were trying to hand in letters to the 1922, but were being threatened if they did.
Now a senior MP has come out and accused the whips.

[tweet]1484104667042926592[/tweet]

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"In recent days a number of members of parliament have faced pressures and intimidation from members of the government because of their declared or assumed desire for a vote of confidence in the party leadership of the prime minister.

It is of course the duty of the government whip’s office to secure the government’s business in the House of Commons.

However it is not their function to breach the ministerial code in threatening to withdraw investments from members of parliament’s constituencies which are funded from the public purse."

Blackmail and intimidation for those who are threating to send no confidence letters in.

Boris stops at no measures to stay in power.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Johnson is a populist, no integrity, born to rule narcissist who will hold on to power whatever the cost.

Let's hope the ensuing mess (and removal of Johnson, because it HAS to happen between now and whenever the Tories start their next election campaign) brings the whole repulsive lot of them down.

The bigger the fight, the bigger the political body count, so hopefully there's enough room in the Westminster morgue for Rees-Mogg, Patel, Truss and Raab as well as the blathering oxygen thief himself.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I saw a rumour about this yesterday but held back because it was only a rumour. Several newer MPs were trying to hand in letters to the 1922, but were being threatened if they did.

I wonder if Maria Caulfield will have a view on this if I email her later...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"In recent days a number of members of parliament have faced pressures and intimidation from members of the government because of their declared or assumed desire for a vote of confidence in the party leadership of the prime minister.

It is of course the duty of the government whip’s office to secure the government’s business in the House of Commons.

However it is not their function to breach the ministerial code in threatening to withdraw investments from members of parliament’s constituencies which are funded from the public purse."

Blackmail and intimidation for those who are threating to send no confidence letters in.

Boris stops at no measures to stay in power.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

thats a fun rumour for anonymous process, that gives backbenchers power over the leadership. liable to backfire and encourage more if it were true.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

There is very much an atmosphere of you're either with us or you're against us. The party may be enthusiastic to save Johnson but I'm not sure that's the case in the country.

His approval rating has plummeted in the red wall, interesting to see if it recovers. Can he be forgiven with his crimes?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is very much an atmosphere of you're either with us or you're against us. The party may be enthusiastic to save Johnson but I'm not sure that's the case in the country.

His approval rating has plummeted in the red wall, interesting to see if it recovers. Can he be forgiven with his crimes?

I doubt the Met Police will investigate it. Corruption everywhere.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
thats a fun rumour for anonymous process, that gives backbenchers power over the leadership. liable to backfire and encourage more if it were true.
Seems like this is directly attributable to William Wragg MP, or are you insinuating that Tory MP's could be liars?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A spokesman said:

'We would have got away with this if it hadn't been for those pesky kids at the BBC. They've got it coming...'

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seems like this is directly attributable to William Wragg MP, or are you insinuating that Tory MP's could be liars?

Yes, it seems strange to call it a rumour as he's publicly come out with the accusation. What's more interesting is that he's not a natural troublemaker - he's a Brexiteer and a lockdown sceptic. That can't be put down to Red Wall jitters

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Only 95,000 new cases yesterday, and 438 deaths, of course this isn't driven by the science.

The problems with the death figures are:-

a) As has always been the case the "within 28 days of a positive test" figure is hugely misleading and the only reason for reporting in this way was to spread fear amongst the populace. I saw one scientific study which established that over a third of the reported deaths had absolutely nothing to do with covid at all

b) Why aren't the death figures being broken down between the vaccine dodgers and the fully jabbed? A doctor on R4 this morning said that the covid cases in his hospital were almost exclusively vaccine dodgers.

So if you strip out the deaths that weren't covid related at all and the deaths from covid where the deceased refused to get jabbed just how many fully vaccinated, without underlying serious health conditions deaths are there?

Why not report deaths as a direct result of covid (ie dispense with the "within 28 days of a positive test") and then how many of those were unvaccinated?

Lies, damned lies and statistics???

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
The problems with the death figures are:-

a) As has always been the case the "within 28 days of a positive test" figure is hugely misleading and the only reason for reporting in this way was to spread fear amongst the populace. I saw one scientific study which established that over a third of the reported deaths had absolutely nothing to do with covid at all

b) Why aren't the death figures being broken down between the vaccine dodgers and the fully jabbed? A doctor on R4 this morning said that the covid cases in his hospital were almost exclusively vaccine dodgers.

So if you strip out the deaths that weren't covid related at all and the deaths from covid where the deceased refused to get jabbed just how many fully vaccinated, without underlying serious health conditions deaths are there?

Why not report deaths as a direct result of covid (ie dispense with the "within 28 days of a positive test") and then how many of those were unvaccinated?

Lies, damned lies and statistics???

Agree, the "within 28 days of a positive test" is a rubbish measure. It includes a lot of deaths it shouldn't, but also excludes some it should include. Most of it from early in the pandemic, when there wasn't enough testing and a lot of deaths occurred without any tests done (and thus didn't qualify).

The better measure is to look at the death certificate count. And the government do report it, although absent the breakdown between vaxxed and un-vaxxed that you want (headline figure at top of page, plus third graph down the page). It's the press who are failing to report it anywhere near well enough.

28 day vs death cert counts currently:

- 28 day count as of yesterday: 152,872
- Death cert count as of 31st Dec: 174,233

Now, in a lot of cases on the death cert Covid isn't the primary cause of death. But it's still a far more accurate count (at least covid was listed as a factor) than the bollocks "28 day" measure the government prefers to be reported. The only advantage the 28 day measure has is that it can be tallied up easily on a daily basis, unlike the death cert number which lags. Or if you're the government, the fact that it undersells the total impact by over 20k.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Robert Peston
@Peston
I understand Sue Gray has found the email from a senior official to PM’s principle private secretary Martin Reynolds warning him the 20 May party should not go ahead, as per Cummings’s revelation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here