Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I'd say most Tory MPS seem "angry, shouty and rude". Why doesn't this turn off the decent people?
That’s more the current crop than Conservatives past, and I’m of the opinion that it will be a contributory factor in a drop in their vote come election time.

We’ll never know for certain, but among the older people I speak to there seems to be an element of horror from a sizeable proportion as to the direction the Conservative Party has chosen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Michelle Mone admits that she 'stands to benefit' from the PPE £60m. Even her admission of lying is deceitful ffs.
When asked in an interview about all her lying she tetchily said something along the lines of 'well, that's why I'm speaking to you now', as if deigning to give an interview about her lying makes it all perfectly acceptable. Bizarre entitled (in both senses) bat. Isn't she one of Johnson's cast offs, too?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd say most Tory MPS seem "angry, shouty and rude". Why doesn't this turn off the decent people?
Some people seem to applaud those who 'tell it like it is' and 'call a spade a spade'. Or shout at spades. Or something. I agree, very weird.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
When asked in an interview about all her lying she tetchily said something along the lines of 'well, that's why I'm speaking to you now', as if deigning to give an interview about her lying makes it all perfectly acceptable. Bizarre entitled (in both senses) bat. Isn't she one of Johnson's cast offs, too?
She also implied that it was okay to lie to the press because 'it's not a crime'.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Knocked on the door this afternoon, asking me to fill in a questionnaire about my "concerns" locally.

I have none. They lost control of the council round here but still appear to be in shock as the "natural party of power".

Tried to engage about their recent leaflets spouting nonsense, but their quickly changed the subject onto "low traffic neighbourhoods".

They are desperate and so they should be. They live in a world locally where everyone has the right to a 4x4 but at the same time no traffic on their road.

I gave up, gave the questionnaire back and shut the door. I was looked at like a piece of shit, no matter, they won't be round here again.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Utter scumbag, yet another reason the Tories are going to a proper shoeing at the next GE, lets hope there is some way of getting her ill gotten money back?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Utter scumbag, yet another reason the Tories are going to a proper shoeing at the next GE, lets hope there is some way of getting her ill gotten money back?
May well turn out she hasn't broken a law. It's the culture that needs remembering at the ballot box.

Quite happy to make a 60m pound profit out of a national crisis, as a Conservative member of the House of Lords.

The interview was quite remarkable. When it was announced the BBC got quite a bit of flack for "platforming" them, but as it turned out it was pure Prince Andrew again.

But yes, the Tories are going to get one hell of a kicking. They are so desperate press reports suggest they are going full in attacking Starmer not so much on his policies, but his time as a human rights lawyer.

But that was his job. You may as well go after doctors who have saved the life of dubious individuals.

Desperate.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There needs to be a full, independent enquiry once the Tories are out of power. Phase 1 ring-fence and then quantify who benefited from favourable PPE contracts during the pandemic. Phase 2 repatriate public money that was wrongly allocated. Phase 3 - prosecution.
I suspect none of them broke the law. So the laws must be changed.

Tenders offered, offers accepted. In fact it was lack of due diligence by the "acceptors" that was to blame.

But it was Covid time, a difficult time for us all, and lessons have been learned (etc. Takes out small onion, and retreats respectfully to spend more time with one's family. I mean money.)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
IMG_2752.jpeg

Daily Mail’s front page for tomorrow.

They’ve (understandably, given their readership) chosen to ignore the latest Tory scandal, instead waging a “war on woke”. Whatever that means.

Notice the picture of an attractive woman taking up the majority of the front page. Don’t get me wrong, the papers all do it - when things are going badly for Labour governments their papers do the same.

But wow. Talk about brazen.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There needs to be a full, independent enquiry once the Tories are out of power. Phase 1 ring-fence and then quantify who benefited from favourable PPE contracts during the pandemic. Phase 2 repatriate public money that was wrongly allocated. Phase 3 - prosecution.
We have one going on at the moment.

Should be looked at in this, not 2/3 years time

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
View attachment 171421

They’ve (understandably, given their readership) chosen to ignore the latest Tory scandal, instead waging a “war on woke”. Whatever that means.

Notice the picture of an attractive woman taking up the majority of the front page. Don’t get me wrong, the papers all do it - when things are going badly for Labour governments their papers do the same.

Guardian, Independent, Metro all lead with this story, unsurprisingly. Telegraph on the other hand has seven different stories on its front page but not this one. Also not on front page of the Times, nor any of the tabloids. Express does give it space to be fair.

The 'news' is far more subjective than we think i guess.

I don't think this is really a left right bias, after all she's not in the tory party anymore and PPE Medpro is being sued by the UK government for £122m plus costs for "breach of contract and unjust enrichment". So the Tory government are after her. I think this speaks more to the influence and friendships of certain rich individuals with newspaper editors.

Jul 20, 2003
Guardian, Independent, Metro all lead with this story, unsurprisingly. Telegraph on the other hand has seven different stories on its front page but not this one. Also not on front page of the Times, nor any of the tabloids. Express does give it space to be fair.

The 'news' is far more subjective than we think i guess.

I don't think this is really a left right bias, after all she's not in the tory party anymore and PPE Medpro is being sued by the UK government for £122m plus costs for "breach of contract and unjust enrichment". So the Tory government are after her. I think this speaks more to the influence and friendships of certain rich individuals with newspaper editors.

The Telegraph does find space on the cover for the Miss France winner having a short 'woke' haircut

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
View attachment 171421

Just laughable now..more death rattles and whataboutery from them..it is after all completely wokes fault that people are struggling. Mones proper obnoxious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here