Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wow, Tory MP crosses the floor to Labour.. The End!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Interesting!

Tory MP for Bury South defects to Labour

[tweet] 1483767942827450368 [/tweet]

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
its all coming crashing down

I think the scale of the problem is much bigger than the Tories could ever imagine, forget the red wall, thats gone, they are gonna be smashed even in their heartlands if polls are anything to go by

It's walk or be pushed for Bozo

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The big question for PMQs today has just become "Popcorn or Pringles?" :lolol:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Interesting!

Tory MP for Bury South defects to Labour

[tweet] 1483767942827450368 [/tweet]

Call me cynical, but some of these red wall MPS know they are pretty much 1 term MPS unless a miracle happens. That resignation is more opportunism than principle. Shameless.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’ll help signal the end for Boris at least, but when politicians switch parties it should automatically trigger a by-election IMO………they were elected on the mandate of the party they were with, so should get their new loyalty validated by getting re-elected :shrug:

Anyway, PMQs started, pringles opened :p

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It’ll help signal the end for Boris at least, but when politicians switch parties it should automatically trigger a by-election IMO………they were elected on the mandate of the party they were with, so should get their new loyalty validated by getting re-elected :shrug:

Anyway, PMQs started, pringles opened :p
But if that happened, all that would happen is that he'd stay a Tory and ignore their whip. :shrug:

It's a timely reminder that you vote for a person, not a party, The people of Ruislip & Uxbridge could do worse than remember this - their man said he'd fight against runway 5 and then slithered off to Hong Kong to avoid voting on it, the loathsome fat prìck.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But if that happened, all that would happen is that he'd stay a Tory and ignore their whip. :shrug:

It's a timely reminder that you vote for a person, not a party, The people of Ruislip & Uxbridge could do worse than remember this - their man said he'd fight against runway 5 and then slithered off to Hong Kong to avoid voting on it, the loathsome fat prìck.

Fair point………..so many tend to vote for ‘their party’ though :shrug:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I would love to see a journo have the gumption to call Boris out on it:

Journo: "Did you lie to parliament about attending parties at #10?"

Boris: "The successful rollout of vaccines..."

Journo, interrupting: "I didn't ask about vaccines, did you lie?"

Boris: "Well, we need to wait for Sue..."

Journo, breaking in again: "It's a simple yes or no question. Did you lie to parliament?"

Boris: "No one told me..."

Journo: "If you can't answer the question, this interview is over. Thanks for your time. Not."

I know we still wouldn't get a straight answer, but I'd love to see the car crash that it would turn into.

Maybe Starmer will do it for us at PMQs:

Starmer: "Have you lied to Parliament?"

Boris: "Well, the thing the people really want is for us to get on with levelling up [waffle waffle]"

Starmer, directing his gaze to the Speaker: "He's not answered the question. I'll ask it again [...]"

Boris: "waffle waffle Sue Gray waffle waffle."

Starmer, once again talking to the speaker: "He's not answered a simple question. I'll ask it again [...]"

etc etc, ending up with Starmer demanding that the Speaker allow him to keep asking the question until a straight answer is given.

It's like you knew...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here