Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Torquay vs. Brighton and Hove Albion - FA Cup 2nd Round

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As I understand it (and I may be wrong), the only circumstance under which we could change the location would be if it was deemed a health and safety risk for the match to be held at Withdean.

Even then, I'm not sure it would switch to the opposition ground, more likely just to the nearest suitable ground.

Correct, fortunately this switching of ties is a thing of the past and quite right

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Correct, fortunately this switching of ties is a thing of the past and quite right

Right or wrong I'd much rather see us play at Emirates, Anfield, OT or the Bridge and if it meant (and we could) switching the venue I can't think of one good reason why not, unless the players would prefer to play at Withdean, which I can't see.

Not gonna happen but can't see why it's "wrong"

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
1700 albion there according to commentator

Okay, two reasons why that figure is wildly optimistic. First, the Away End at Plainmoor doesn't hold that many, and second, it wasn't quite full. That said, I thought it was a very good turnout from the Albion faithful, and certainly that terrace was approaching capacity.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
The Albion faithful

Attachments

• 0,,10433~3484019,00.jpg
    0,,10433~3484019,00.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 219

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Speaking to the Torquay fans in the Boot and Laces afterwards, they reckoned between 800 and 850 Albion fans.

Lots of singing - dreadful weather - diverting ruck caused by a fat steward - round three here we come.

Very friendly bunch in the pub BTW - wished us well. And they all LOVED our Cox!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just back, (weekend in Dorset).
Good game, a wins a win, sadly my uberfan days a behind me (for the moment), so was my 1st game for a while.

What was the ruck all about?
FDM's 2nd goal celebration was class.
Talking a class Lynch most certainly is.

Seriously pleased I went, always good to touch base with The Albion.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Interesting take on it - more like 4-5 drunk idiots who abused a lady just trying to do her job.

Precisely summed up why oh why do fans travel miles to abuse a steward

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Precisely summed up why oh why do fans travel miles to abuse a steward

Agreed, especially when they could have been abusing our very own Fatty Taxman, who was so pissed he would not have known that they were taking the piss out of him.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
No because we would get an EARFUL from the STH's.

I have resigned myself to not making any away 3rd round tie as all the superfan STH's only go to the BIG away games:)
how many away games have you been to this season?

there are plenty of season ticket holders who go to most away games

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Interesting take on it - more like 4-5 drunk idiots who abused a lady just trying to do her job.
very true ,think these were the same ones that were pissed and making fools of themselves in boots and laces before the game but she didn't help matters would have been beeter leaving it to the blokes who weren't winding them up like she was

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah they were trying to start songs in a family pub that was watching the West Ham game.....morons!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
how many away games have you been to this season?

there are plenty of season ticket holders who go to most away games

I've been to Cardiff in the League Cup and Cheltenham in the FA Cup.

Bit hard to get to anything else being in the middle of nowhere!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here