Near Dorchester, Dorset
A picture of the away stand behind the goal:

torquay22.jpg

A ,ot more info about the ground, decent pubs etc:

http://www.conferencegrounds.co.uk/torquay_united.htm

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
I will be going for a long weekend with the "voice from the kitchen". Suggested she might want to go shopping; no she said, I'll come to the game. Two of us then.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
we used to take a fair few there - even on a bitterly cold new years day

That was f***ing cold that day. "Jump up and down if you hate Archer" was better subscribed than usual that day as we tried to get some warm on board.

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
agree with that one nige! does that mean you wont be driving?

Hope to be going by train - last time we played there it took me longer to get home than from Brighton!! Kev's going plus at least one more. Contact me nearer the time, I might be picking everyone up seeing as I live near the station.
wcnige

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I spoke to Torquay Football Club on the phone yesterday to see if you could get tickets before the game. The man on the phone nearly laughed. "We're not expecting it to be anywhere near a sell out" he told me. They might be quite surprised by how many fans BHA take to Devon.

One nice final touch. When I thanked him for his time, his parting comment was "Take Care". I thought that was very charming. On reflection, maybe he thought I was a bit simple expecting the game to be a sell out???

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
If coming from Sussex, does anyone know if it's better to drive along the coast i.e. A27/A35 or whether it's better to go up to the M25 and down the M3/A303/A30?

If coming from Sussex, does anyone know if it's better to drive along the coast i.e. A27/A35 or whether it's better to go up to the M25 and down the M3/A303/A30?

Our son was at Exeter Univ and we always used to take the M3/A303/A30 route when going to see him (and will be for Torquay). The A30 is grim between Ilminster and Honiton for about 15 miles though.

From where we are west of Horsham, we'd also avoid the M25 and head for Farnham over the Hogg's Back via Guildford. Skirt around Farnham heading for the M3 at the Hook interchange.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Always had good trips down to Torquay in years gone by. As others have said, the club bar/social club 'Boots n Laces' is a decent spot for a beer before the game and way back when was often-discussed as a blueprint for what we should be offering at Falmer.

There's probably a few of the younger fans who've not been down there before so will want to as it's a new ground and when I was in Sussex, I always thought of Torquay as being a reasonably local game. Maybe I'm just odd.

Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised for us to have 1000 or so down there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...and yes, that NYD game was bloody freezing. Helped to shake off a few hangovers, I guess. After our pitstop at McDonalds Arundel, we had to hurriedly pull over before we'd even made it to the dual carriageway so someone could have an emergency chunder.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
That was f***ing cold that day. "Jump up and down if you hate Archer" was better subscribed than usual that day as we tried to get some warm on board.

it was so cold me and my old man started running up and down in the car park area behind the old away stand, and about half of the crowd joined in to keep warm

also the day phil andrews got his one and only brighton goal :bowdown: quite tempted by this one now actually, although if its pay on the day can make a decision nearer the time

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
NYD was indeed a cold one! We had Scarborough away on the 28th December and then Torquay on the 1st January. A fewof us made a mini break of it and the train from Scarborough to Torquay took hours. We managed to fill the train table with minature spirit bottles. Seagulls over Lewes might have some pictures! Also Guppy got thrown down some stairs at the B&B to stop him crashing in our place without paying! That was priceless!!!! I had the top bunk in the family room and spent the night with a cuddly crocodile! That was the closest any of us go to pulling on that trip!

Also the fatty taxman lost his coat new years eve and nearly froze to death at the game!!

I have booked some train tickets, we leave Three Briged at 7.48 and arrive at Torquay (via the replacement bus service from Exeter) at 12.44. Coming back we leave at 17.54 and due back around 22.55. Just under £40 each so not cheap!!

I like trips to Torquay, but if we take 800 that will be a good following at the moment!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
being a journey a do on a regular basis i dont really think there's much difference either way to be honest 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other but i tend to do the coast road more often than not

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd like to go but can't get a lift at present

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
being a journey a do on a regular basis i dont really think there's much difference either way to be honest 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other but i tend to do the coast road more often than not

If you're starting early then the coast route is quicker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here