Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tories get it right on Asylum

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Zeitgeist said:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum that is the Tory party.

Yep. I know what we'll do, we'll nick the Australian's Assylum policy and put them all in detention camps, seems to have worked a treat over there apart from the odd riot and mass protest.

Last edited:

And playing the race card always worked a treat for William Hague too :dunce:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tories are getting desperate playing the immigration card!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
On Newsnight tonight, the people who know about refugees proved it totally impractical to "shut up shop" and not let anyone in, and even the people who say "Closed for business" were made to realise that our economy can't survive WITHOUT immigration.

The Tories, meanwhile, couldn't find their arse with both hands.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
On Newsnight tonight, the people who know about refugees proved it totally impractical to "shut up shop" and not let anyone in, and even the people who say "Closed for business" were made to realise that our economy can't survive WITHOUT immigration.

They couldn't find it even if it had a sign ten miles wide, 5 miles high, with an arrow pointing and displaying "ARSE" on it.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:

But they did and elected it leader of their partee...

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Hungry Joe said:
Yep. I know what we'll do, we'll nick the Australian's Assylum policy and put them all in detention camps, seems to have worked a treat over there apart from the odd riot and mass protest.

No problem - if they try that stunt we can shoot the bastards! Problem solved.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
wouldnt mind seeing the Oz system used here !

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
London Irish said:
And playing the race card always worked a treat for William Hague too :dunce:

Whilst always emotive and difficult to address in the current PC climate, have a go ( just between us) at offering a workable solution to the current situation that will see our NET population increase by 6 million over the next 30 years ( 5 million from immigration, illegal or otherwise).

I certainly cant see a solution that will satisfy MOST, you try instead of robotically shouting down anyone who does without offering your thoughts and ideas.

NOTE: disclaimer, I do not vote red or blue so hopefully cannot be called an extremist of either persuasion.

somerset said:
Whilst always emotive and difficult to address in the current PC climate, have a go ( just between us) at offering a workable solution to the current situation that will see our NET population increase by 6 million over the next 30 years ( 5 million from immigration, illegal or otherwise).

I certainly cant see a solution that will satisfy MOST, you try instead of robotically shouting down anyone who does without offering your thoughts and ideas.

NOTE: disclaimer, I do not vote red or blue so hopefully cannot be called an extremist of either persuasion.

1. What PC climate? It strikes me that it is becoming more and more acceptable to hate foreigners in this country - hardly a PC climate, is it?

2. Can you please tell me the basis for your claim that there will be 5 million immigrants coming to this country over the next 30 years, please?

3. Can you please tell me why immigration is so bad? As far as I am concerned, it's had nothing but a positive impact on this country - going right back to the Romans, let alone the Anglo-Saxons.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
fatbadger said:
1. What PC climate? It strikes me that it is becoming more and more acceptable to hate foreigners in this country - hardly a PC climate, is it?

2. Can you please tell me the basis for your claim that there will be 5 million immigrants coming to this country over the next 30 years, please?

3. Can you please tell me why immigration is so bad? As far as I am concerned, it's had nothing but a positive impact on this country - going right back to the Romans, let alone the Anglo-Saxons.

1) See, my point exactly, and I didn't even express an opinion and STILL got attacked.

2) Widely publicised of late, and I am prepared to accept a political margin of error might need to be factored in, say 25% either way. DYOR, its all out there somewhere.

3) Immigration is GOOD, proven in this and many other countries of the developed world, but we are approaching, or atleast will in the next decade or so, a 'quart into a pint pot' situation...... resources man resources.

But hey, dont shout at me, offer an idea or two to keep this situation balanced.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mike C Gull said:
They couldn't find it even if it had a sign ten miles wide, 5 miles high, with an arrow pointing and displaying "ARSE" on it.
Actually, a sign that big would be very difficult to read. Unless you were looking at it from a long, long way away.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
isnt Micheal Howard the descendent of Polish immigrants?

His policy strikes me as hypocritical if this is true, but i would expect no less from the party that sold the family silver and goot us in the mess we are in now in the 1st place.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
somerset said:

2) Widely publicised of late, and I am prepared to accept a political margin of error might need to be factored in, say 25% either way. DYOR, its all out there somewhere.

Forgive the intrusion somerset, but why should somebody else do the research to back up one of your points that you've made without any evidence whatsoever?

"It's out there somewhere" is hardly a case - it merely makes it look like you've plucked the figures out of the air.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Michael Howard is in my own view unelectable. He has been Tory MP for Folkestone and Hythe since 1979, and he now has a view on immigration! He is after all one of the last of Maggies little freinds, which must be another reason for this person not to be voted as a leader of the country.
:angry:

Oh! just one other thing are the Tories going bust in Hove. I noticed in the Planning Applications that they wish to convert the top parts of their club/offices into flats.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here