Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tories get it right on Asylum

somerset said:
1) See, my point exactly, and I didn't even express an opinion and STILL got attacked.

eh? You did express an opinion - you said that Britain had a "PC climate". And you haven't been attacked, have you? Somebody else has expressed an opinion with which you disagree - that's all.

I have noticed that the complaints of those who have constructed a monster called 'political correctness' in their heads use 'PC' as an attempt to shut down debate. Please don't go down that road - it won't help.

Herne Hill Seagull said:
Forgive the intrusion somerset, but why should somebody else do the research to back up one of your points that you've made without any evidence whatsoever?

"It's out there somewhere" is hardly a case - it merely makes it look like you've plucked the figures out of the air.

Basically the 5 million figure is a figure produced by a group called Migration Watch, an organisation run by a very right wing former diplomat who uses HIGHLY questionable statistics to produce his figures and then presents them as fact.

A bit like bliar and his wmd really.

Personally I wouldn't trust a word MW say.

edited to correct name of organisation

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Forgive the intrusion somerset, but why should somebody else do the research to back up one of your points that you've made without any evidence whatsoever?

"It's out there somewhere" is hardly a case - it merely makes it look like you've plucked the figures out of the air.

Hey, If I quote a conservative source it would say 6m, if I quote a Labour source it would probably halve that, I was simply saying that to get your own view, one that you would believe, go to a source that YOU would believe, take your pick. Once you have a figure, insert it into the argument and you will still find that the figures are still NET very high, it's just a question of degree.

.... and I will repeat, I am not a Tory or Labour, my views are generally green in color, and as such, my views do move with the times depending on the issue at hand.

Easy 10 said:
Actually, a sign that big would be very difficult to read. Unless you were looking at it from a long, long way away.

Yes, but they would still miss it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They will turn the whole country into a Asylum, the Tories will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here