Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Torchwood

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
absolutely brilliant TV

The BBc are have some fantastic stuff

Mar 13, 2008
Love it. Missed tonights but will watch it tomorrow on iplayer. I also quite like Ianto.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What happened in the last 1/2 hour tonight?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
have to say that despite the cheesyness of some of it I've really enjoyed it so far. And i really wasn't expecting too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What happened in the last 1/2 hour tonight?

they arrived....jack's children taken by the gvt.....they ant 10% of the worlds children...jack was the adult giving the children to the 456 in 1965

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

1066gull

I love the Doctor Who references.

'I've been through worse' - reference to being chained to the Valiant.

'I'm a fixed point in time, that's what the Doctor told me'

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Fantastic me thinks. One of the most enjoyable programmes on the box for many months. Imaginative, fast moving and very atmospheric. What a shame that Russell T Davies can't produce the same quality for Dr Who, which is frankly shite by comparison.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think this is aiming at a different audience to Dr Who.

1066gull

they arrived....jack's children taken by the gvt.....they ant 10% of the worlds children...jack was the adult giving the children to the 456 in 1965

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

The 456 arrived in 1965. The Government back then came to a resolution that if they gave 12 children they will never return.

Now they have come back, complicating matters with the people who were involved with the first incident.

Clem is the only guy who has seen it first hand, but he's been the one who has been portrayed as the insane all these years.

Captain Jack does indeed have a very dark past, but remember living for an eternity is never simple, not only you lose all the people you love over time you alienate the people around you. How many people has Jack been in love with? And for him, Ianto will not be his last, because he will die and he lives on.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The 456 arrived in 1965. The Government back then came to a resolution that if they gave 12 children they will never return.

Now they have come back, complicating matters with the people who were involved with the first incident.

Clem is the only guy who has seen it first hand, but he's been the one who has been portrayed as the insane all these years.

Captain Jack does indeed have a very dark past, but remember living for an eternity is never simple, not only you lose all the people you love over time you alienate the people around you. How many people has Jack been in love with? And for him, Ianto will not be his last, because he will die and he lives on.

there you go......mine was more consise, but....

1066gull

I think this is aiming at a different audience to Dr Who.

Indeed. With DW you cannot get to intense and the day is always saved by the same man. Torchwood has been changing. (From One with the Cybermen, to Cardiff, to Jack's past and now the Government).

Doctor Who is just about the Doctor, and his life, and his atrocities and his pain.

Oh and remember, this British Government is still a follow up Government from Harold Saxon and Harriet Jones and futher more, Slitheen. I wish there would be at least one reference to Harriet Jones as she led Britain's 'Golden Age' but who to say you cannot complain.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Missed it last night as saw Oliver! in London, Burn Gorman (Owen from the first two series) played Bill Sikes so had a tedius Torchwood link there.
But seeing as the episodes are coming out on DVD on monday i've decided to wait and watch them all in one go.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok so I can go with the whole 'jack cannot die', storyline. Not only Jack can be blown to smitherines, but also encased in concrete. Fine no problems.

But how do the writers think a whole room filled of concrete will set, in a matter of hours.
Completely rediculous.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Never watched it until this week and have really enjoyed it. So likely to watch future series.

And Eve (Gwen) is rather nice.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ok so I can go with the whole 'jack cannot die', storyline. Not only Jack can be blown to smitherines, but also encased in concrete. Fine no problems.

But how do the writers think a whole room filled of concrete will set, in a matter of hours.
Completely rediculous.

It's not normal concrete....

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
The concrete hadn't fully set otherwise surely it would have bounced at the bottom of the quarry.
I don't think the block was big enough though compared to the size of the cell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here