Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Tip for England's next game

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
In the modern game...and at our last half a dozen major tournament employing Heskey and another for example rooney, owen etc has failed at the qtr final stages

thats my point, we come up against a side like spain, brazil, germany, holland, portugal, argentina etc that keep and pass the ball better than us, and eventually we lose or cling on manfully and go out on pens.
Employing the big man up front fails against top sides.

Time for a change my friend

Oh I see, I was discussing a different point.

To answer your point, maybe we're not good enough, but I think changing it all around now is a recipe for disaster. Having watched our qualifying campaign, when we scored a shedload and looked very good, I believe Cappello has found a formula that works.

You reckon that it is the big man up front that has been the cause of our recent failures, I think it was the unbalanced central midfield that was to blame.

P.S. Germany, Italy and France all won the world cup with a big man up front

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Oh I see, I was discussing a different point.

To answer your point, maybe we're not good enough, but I think changing it all around now is a recipe for disaster. Having watched our qualifying campaign, when we scored a shedload and looked very good, I believe Cappello has found a formula that works.

You reckon that it is the big man up front that has been the cause of our recent failures, I think it was the unbalanced central midfield that was to blame.

P.S. Germany, Italy and France all won the world cup with a big man up front

A big man that can score goals yes...

Having said that i truly beleive Heskey will get on the scoresheet next gaeme, a 5-0 win Rooney 3 Heskey and Lampard pen

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A big man that can score goals yes...

I don't believe Guivarc'h scored a single goal when France won in 1998, his job was to lay the ball off for other players. Now, where have I heard that before ... ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't believe Guivarc'h scored a single goal when France won in 1998, his job was to lay the ball off for other players. Now, where have I heard that before ... ?

I thought it was Dugarry up front, but yes, their big guy famously didn't score goals

edited to say that I certainly want Heskey to score. I really thought he would against the US, and when he hit his shot when on-on-one there was a split second I thought it was in, he hit it very cleanly. But straight at Howard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here