Apr 28, 2004
London
Brighton 2-1 Doncaster Rovers 6th August 2011

Doncaster Half time / Brighton Full time @ 25/1

£££££££££

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I seem to recall a cup match against Burnley (then a real top side with Ray Pointer and others) that ended 3-3. Probably about '63/'64.

Also a home defeat by Bolton sticks in my mind, obviously not for the result but for a certain Peter Ward. We hadn't had a sniff all game and then out of nowhere, from the half way line he smacked a thunderbolt against the bar. If it had gone in it would have been the goal of the century.

Anyone remember either of these matches or am I just dreaming them.

Think I remember the Bolton one... old Div 3, they were top we were second? Another 30k+ gate? Sounds familiar, and might have been 0-2? Oh and the bulldog chewing a wasp was playing I believe (Sam Allardyce).

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Brighton 2 - 1 Doncaster - Final game at the Goldstone and a life saving 3 points

Can't believe that an Albon fan gets this SO WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dunce::ohmy:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Is there never a thread on this board where someone doesn't have to act the alpha male?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Other noteable results not yet mentioned that I can remember:

Albion 7-0 Walsall - all 7 in the second half
Albion 7-0 Charlton 1984 - 5 in the first half. We turned up at my Charlton supporting Grandparents at half time. :lolol:
Liverpool 2-2 Albion 1991 - 2-0 down early in the second half
Albion 6-0 Mansfield - back in Brighton, glorious sunny day, and the side obliged with a fine performance.
Albion 1-0 Chesterfield 2001 - Cullip...THUMP!...CHAMPIONS
Albion 3-1 Reading 2002 - the perfect tactical game from Taylor.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Real Madrid 1-0 Albion , will we ever play them again
Grimsby 2-4 Albion , 2-0 with 10 mins left and Connor goes beserk including 3 goals in the last 5 minutes to keep our promotion hopes alive
Albion 6-1 Carlisle, 6 different scorers
Cambridge 3-4 Albion, Last minute Graham Pearce winner and something we did to then at Withdean too
Albion 5-1 Wolves, splattered them all over the pitch and relegated them too
Albion 2-0 Palace, hadn't won for nearly 3 months but still turned the pikeys over
Albion 6-1 Fulham, 5-0 up at half time and the referee should have stopped it as it was so one sided
Sheff U 5-4 Albion, couldn't believe it , 3-0 down , 4-3 up and we f***ed it up
Albion 4-1 Luton, beating a 1st div (premier side now) so easily
Newcastle 0-1 Albion, ruining Keegans return as manager, shame they stayed up and we didn't

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Grimsby 2-4 Albion , 2-0 with 10 mins left and Connor goes beserk including 3 goals in the last 5 minutes to keep our promotion hopes alive
Cambridge 3-4 Albion, Last minute Graham Pearce winner and something we did to then at Withdean too
Albion 2-0 Palace, hadn't won for nearly 3 months but still turned the pikeys over
Albion 6-1 Fulham, 5-0 up at half time and the referee should have stopped it as it was so one sided
Newcastle 0-1 Albion, ruining Keegans return as manager, shame they stayed up and we didn't

That's the first post of yours I've seen without whole words in capitals. You ok?

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Absolutely - this is up there with the best of them for tension, atmosphere and all round euphoria. THE best memory I have from the Goldstone. Donny (last game at Goldstone) is on my list, but with mixed emotions.

Other notables:

Millwall (a) playoff-semi '91 - won 2-1
Hereford (a) '97 - drew 1-1
Liverpool (a) FAC '91 - drew 2-2
Newcastle (h) '91 - won 4-1 (Bryan Wade!!)

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Beating Wigan Athletic 1-0 in the penultimate match at the Goldstone was a brilliant result considering they won the title that season (96/97). The tension was unbelievable during that game on Saturday 12th April 1997. If we hadn't of won that one I think it would have been curtains.

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Absolutely - this is up there with the best of them for tension, atmosphere and all round euphoria. THE best memory I have from the Goldstone. Donny (last game at Goldstone) is on my list, but with mixed emotions.

Other notables:

Millwall (a) playoff-semi '91 - won 2-1
Hereford (a) '97 - drew 1-1
Liverpool (a) FAC '91 - drew 2-2
Newcastle (h) '91 - won 4-1 (Bryan Wade!!)

The above refers to Ipswich at home '91 BTW!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'll throw in the 2-2 draw vs Liverpool in '91 (before the rise of manure).

Deffo agree with that one. 2-0 down with not much more than 15 minutes to go, then 2 goals in 5 mins including an away team penalty at Anfield :eek:

I remember when Byrne got our second it was one of those rare *hug absolutely anyone in the vicinity and go mental* moments :laugh:

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Deffo agree with that one. 2-0 down with not much more than 15 minutes to go, then 2 goals in 5 mins including an away team penalty at Anfield :eek:

I remember when Byrne got our second it was one of those rare *hug absolutely anyone in the vicinity and go mental* moments :laugh:

Remember that. I had 2 Liverpool fans next to me in our end and waved my clenched fist in their faces (in a non violent way you understand) remember the replay and Small had a goal disallowed before it went to extra time. Still dong know why it was disallowed.

May 21, 2004
Preston Park
We beat WBA 2-0 at The Hawthorns after Ipswich. This was when WBA were in the top 3 of Div 1 (Atkinson and all that).

2 goals to a certain Peter Ward.

Certainly one of my top 10.

Walsall 7-0 after being 0-0 at ht - esp as Walsall were our bogey side. This was around the time of the LC run.

Beating Torquay 3-1 in the snow,when we were 1-0 down with only 5 mins to go. I think this was the season we got promoted with Pat Saward.

Same Season beating Aston Villa 2-1 at Goldstone ,with that goal from Willie Irvine.

Cup Semi and Final of course.

For the occasion and dramatic win 2-1 Doncaster - 1st League game at Amex

Hereford and Doncaster D4 survival games.

Liverpool cup victories Home and away

Losing 3-2 at home to the best side Wolves ever had - 1969 I think

More then ten - but does it matter.

3-1 Torquay wasn't in the snow, that was a 2-2 a couple of seasons earlier. Remember the Bournemouth chairman leaving when it was still 1-0 to Torquay, Kenny Beamish scored second,Bertie Lutton 3rd both first goals for BHA

3-4 to Charlton 1977 midweek, after coming back to 3-2
3-1 against Sheff Wed clinching promtion 1977, 0-1 at halftime after they scored in first min. Was behind the South and all goals were there, including classic Ward/Mellor combo for equaliser.
4-4 v Orient 97
3-3 v Orient 79
2-1 v Leeds 87, first points in Div 2 that season with last min winner
2-0 Bournemouth Boxing Day 1971, stuffed Bond, McDougall and Boyer and we were on our way in front of 30K
2-1 Reading Easter Monday 1970, late Alan Duffy winner after handball - 30k crowd
5-0 Chesterfield 1965 my first game, 20k, Bobby Smith's return from injury
1-2 Swindon playoff semi - crap game but best last minute and penalties ever
Three FA Cup Ist round games v Palace 1976, Challis!

Could go on.................anyone still there?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

can't really put the real madrid game in there - it was a pre season friendly played in a holiday resort.

and the Fulham 6-1 was at Craven Cottage

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
3-1 Torquay wasn't in the snow, that was a 2-2 a couple of seasons earlier. Remember the Bournemouth chairman leaving when it was still 1-0 to Torquay, Kenny Beamish scored second,Bertie Lutton 3rd both first goals for BHA

3-4 to Charlton 1977 midweek, after coming back to 3-2
3-1 against Sheff Wed clinching promtion 1977, 0-1 at halftime after they scored in first min. Was behind the South and all goals were there, including classic Ward/Mellor combo for equaliser.
4-4 v Orient 97
3-3 v Orient 79
2-1 v Leeds 87, first points in Div 2 that season with last min winner
2-0 Bournemouth Boxing Day 1971, stuffed Bond, McDougall and Boyer and we were on our way in front of 30K
2-1 Reading Easter Monday 1970, late Alan Duffy winner after handball - 30k crowd
5-0 Chesterfield 1965 my first game, 20k, Bobby Smith's return from injury
1-2 Swindon playoff semi - crap game but best last minute and penalties ever
Three FA Cup Ist round games v Palace 1976, Challis!

Could go on.................anyone still there?

Thanks GBlock - I am sure u are right. I was only 10 at the time.

Another memorable game was losing 4-0 away to Swindon in the pouring rain. The ref abandoned the game halfway through the 2nd half. I think it was the year we got promoted from Div 3 76-77. Swindon fans went loopy!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Is there never a thread on this board where someone doesn't have to act the alpha male?

No. but to be fair - its like saying we won the 1983 Cup Final .

and has everyone forgotten the 1-0 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING win against Che(a)sterfield

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here