Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top rant from QPR fan

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
II hate it that Fergie still thinks he can avoid speaking to the BBC because of some pathetic grudge over a programme they made about his son. How much do the BBC pay for television rights to the Premier League? The league should MAKE the old bastard speak to them, and fine him if he still refuses.

i believe this is changing next season. All managers have to speak to EVERY tv rights holder. so Fergie has no choice but to speak to the Beeb.

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
I hate the withdean

I hate scottish football

I hate gary neville

I hate the transfer window

I hate the way that previously if you logged onto northstandchat and you got that its very busy message it meant something big was going down (new player belloti dead or something), but now it just means the server is shit and clogged up with stupid threads like this.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
I hate the loss of terraces at grounds.

I hate Adrian Chiles and his ability to make everything boring as f***ing sin.

I hate the stupid amounts of money players get paid.

on the other hand...

I love being amongst a sea of fans singing at the top of their lungs.

I love it when we score and we all go mental.

I love coming away from away games like Sheffield United, Leicester and West Ham with 3 points :D

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Yes and yes. In what way is that being treated like a criminal?

In this way:

I dare say there will be a small contingent of Albion fans, being watched by the Police because they have engaged in criminal activity in the past, they might get marched to the station in a small group.

BTW, walking to and from to the station in Southampton recently, there were a bunch of Albion fans who were marched there and back by the Police. All they did, all the way, was taunt the locals, chant offensivly, gesture at them, hurl foul mouthed insults at them, they were the ones being marched there and back.

In which case the police should've arrested them under Section 5 of the Public Order Act.

Tarring ALL fans with the same brush doesn't help policing, and in many cases seriously hinders it. Here's to a trouble-free day out in Birmingham. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I hate the way Premiership managers whinge about having to play too much football, then spend an entire season desperately trying to finish in the top 7 so they can play even more football next season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If the Police choose to watch fans who have engaged in criminal activity in the past, that is just good policing, they are indeed treating them like criminals, because they are criminals.

Why the Police didn't arrest them at Southampton is a matter for the police to answer, I can't think of a good reason, apart from the fact there were a hundred or so of them, and they would have needed probably double that amount of officers, so logisitcs really.

Get it into your head, they are not tarring ALL fans with any brush, they are targetting the wankers who cause trouble to protect the rest of us.

BTW, I have realised this if just a fishing exercise, so I'll say may last on the matter. I have NEVER been treated like a criminal at a football match (I have been to a few), if you have, then why do you think that is? I am making no accusations, but if that is how you have felt, then you need to work out why you feel that way, because most people don't see police action at football matches (or anywhere else for that matter) in that way.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
BTW, I have realised this if just a fishing exercise, so I'll say may last on the matter. I have NEVER been treated like a criminal at a football match (I have been to a few), if you have, then why do you think that is? I am making no accusations, but if that is how you have felt, then you need to work out why you feel that way, because most people don't see police action at football matches (or anywhere else for that matter) in that way.

Perhaps a guilty conscience or perhaps and underlying anti police feeling. I(f either of those and you get surrounded by police you feel persecuted, otherwise you see it as the police protecting you.

I've never been treated like a criminal, or felt like I have been, at any game I've been to home or away.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
I hate the fact that ITV deem it a good idea to make Andy Townsend a lynchpin of their coverage.

I hate it that no player euphorically jumps up and down and goes mad when they score any more, and instead either try to make some point by placing their hands over their ears or find the nearest camera and kiss their shirt badge.

That QPR fan's rant is great, by the way.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I hate the way Premiership managers whinge about having to play too much football, then spend an entire season desperately trying to finish in the top 7 so they can play even more football next season.

Or hastily arrange a friendly in Japan/Dubai/Australia when they do have a week off

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Knowing my luck i would get to sit next to him on a flight australia. f*** and theres me thinking i was depressed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Taking bottle lids off you when you are 15 miles away from the pitch, when a olympic shot putter couldnt reach tthe pitch from your seat.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I hate that German football is infinitely better than English football.

I hate that my generation is completely warped by Sky and the Premier League

I hate that my generation is incapable of original thought, instead copying the opinions of hideous 'pundits' and being taken in by everything Sky tells them.

I hate everyone who works at Sky Sports.

I hate Richard Scudamore.

I hate that so many people dont care our football system is shit.

I hate that so many people dont realise our football system is shit.

I hate that we have nothing like a level playing field in England.

I hate that football was better when I wasnt alive.

I hate that people can't live without live football on TV. People used to do it.

I hate that I cant chose to stand on a terrace.

I hate that professional footballers are almost impossible to relate to.

I hate that professional footballers earn insane amounts of money.

I hate that people think the Premier League's interesting because someone else finished in the top 4.

I hate that there is a 'top 4'

I hate that since I've been alive the same teams have dominated English football.

I hate how commercialsed football is. And thus...

I hate Man United.

I hate people who claim to support a side they've never watched before.

I hate how football has a perpetual sytem due to money and the Champions League.

I hate how nearly everything is over-hyped.

I hate 'transfer deadline day' and the goons that get excited by it.

I hate how people cant see what's wrong with football and are more interested in watching Wigan v Hull on TV.

I hate how football has been ruined.

:down:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Yes,yes.I absolutely hate a lot of these things.With a special mention for "he should have done this" Andy Gray,and his a*se licking "you'd have scored,Andy " sidekick.

I bloody well love the Albion.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Yes,yes.I absolutely hate a lot of these things.With a special mention for "he should have done this" Andy Gray,and his a*se licking "you'd have scored,Andy " sidekick.

I bloody well love the Albion.

It's Andy Gray that the word CUNT was invented for.

Him and that twat that rings the bell at Pompey.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
If the Police choose to watch fans who have engaged in criminal activity in the past, that is just good policing, they are indeed treating them like criminals, because they are criminals.

Why the Police didn't arrest them at Southampton is a matter for the police to answer, I can't think of a good reason, apart from the fact there were a hundred or so of them, and they would have needed probably double that amount of officers, so logisitcs really.

Get it into your head, they are not tarring ALL fans with any brush, they are targetting the wankers who cause trouble to protect the rest of us.

Firstly genuinely not fishing. Just having an interesting debate (somewhat off-topic now!) about things I dislike about football.

Maybe my use of the word 'criminal' is a little strong. However, I resent having my perfectly legal movements restricted because of how the police (in the past) approach crowd management at football matches. Obviously there is good and bad, so maybe the 'bad' are stronger memories. Having said that I have been threatened with arrest for NOT boarding a train I was not travelling on, and had police horses ridden into me as I was attempting to meet my family after exiting the ground.

Don't get me wrong - it isn't every game, and I understand the difficult job the police have. As to "not making accusations", why follow with "why do you think this is"? I have NEVER been involved in ANY trouble at or around games, and have NEVER been arrested for ANY reason.

They may well be 'targetting wankers to protect the rest of us' in the same way that governments take action to 'reduce terrorism' - it affects more people NOT causing trouble than it does those who should be arrested.

Again, I'm not fishing, we simply have differing views. That's what internet foums are for!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I HATE palarse.

I HATE the fact there is no atmosphere at some stadiUMS anymore.

I HATE teh fact that Leeds, Charlton, Southampton etc, hold on to their status of being in europe/prem

I HATE the fact that some of our fans don't realise that we are a small club right now

HHowever i do LOVe how we have got so much potential

I LOVE Kuipers

I LOVE Falmer, and Withdean and Dick Knight

I LOVE being a season ticket holder

I LOVE NSC.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
The fact that football has been sanitised, I hate it when people say we don't want to go back to the old days. Yes I f***ing do, I want to turn up on a Saturday, pay a reasonable amount at a turnstile, watch a game standing with a group of people who don't get offended by bad language, who can manage a bit of bad weather, who get behind their team.

Very well put.That is the best thing i've read on NSC in ages

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here