Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Lobbying!!! (Lokki 7 and Simon Hughes)

Lush

Mods' Pet
Sat night and the word went round the post-match celebrators in the pubs of Brighton that David Belotti was staying at the Metropole.

Being sufficiently tanked up, Lokki 7, Man of Harveys and afters went along to the Metropole to see what they could see - which was basically a hotel bar full of Lib Dem conference delegates, one of whom was Simon Hughes, sitting at a table.

Noting an empty space next to "the President", as I understand it Lokki 7 sat down and smiled politely until a gap in the conversation, whereupon he seized the opportunity to furnish Mr Hughes with all the facts about Falmer for almost an hour, much to the chagrin of a Lewes Lib Dem councillor at the same table.

Top work Jim!!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Lush said:
Sat night and the word went round the post-match celebrators in the pubs of Brighton that David Belotti was staying at the Metropole.

Being sufficiently tanked up, Lokki 7, Man of Harveys and afters went along to the Metropole to see what they could see - which was basically a hotel bar full of Lib Dem conference delegates, one of whom was Simon Hughes, sitting at a table.

Noting an empty space next to "the President", as I understand it Lokki 7 sat down and smiled politely until a gap in the conversation, whereupon he seized the opportunity to furnish Mr Hughes with all the facts about Falmer for almost an hour, much to the chagrin of a Lewes Lib Dem councillor at the same table.

Top work Jim!!!!

Lokki

Utmost, utmost respect!!!

:bowdown: :love:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It really was a fantastic effort, especially so since some drink had been taken by this point, both pre- and post-match - but Hughesy couldn't very easily ignore a) our loquacious charmer and b) one of SH's own constituents, as Lokki is - plus our man had earlier on also SCHMOOZED a few more Lib Dem activists and a BBC Five Live reporter.

NSC Knighthoods don't get awarded very often but I reckon Lokki's efforts in the Metropole on Saturday are more than worth having the idea put to the floor. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is the stuff off LEGENDS.
Lokki, my cap is well and truley doffed sir.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well Played Lokki! :clap: :clap:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Wozza said:
Nice. Did anyone go back to Hughes's room for a 'nightcap'? ???
Please: it's very early still in this relationship. I think we should give them all the time and space they need. Cheers.

Mr Hughes took my address and promised to write to me regarding this issue. He also said we could sit down and have a coffee sometime so that he could try to restore my faith in his party. A very nice chap, and good of him to give me his time when he clearly had other matters to discuss.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Man of Harveys said:
NSC Knighthoods don't get awarded very often but I reckon Lokki's efforts in the Metropole on Saturday are more than worth having the idea put to the floor. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Seconded.

Top work Lokki, absolutely stunning stuff.
What did he say in return, or was he struggling to get a word in?

:bowdown:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Lokki 7 said:
Mr Hughes took my address and promised to write to me regarding this issue. He also said we could sit down and have a coffee sometime so that he could try to restore my faith in his party. A very nice chap, and good of him to give me his time when he clearly had other matters to discuss.

Careful Lokks he (allegedly) parts his hair on the other side!!

:blush:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Excellent stuff Mr Lokki! I'll be interested to know what he says to you if he does indeed write.
:clap: :clap:

Gritt23 said:
What did he say in return, or was he struggling to get a word in?

I did have to force myself to shut up and give him a chance, I didn't want it to come across as a drunken barrage where the message is lost. He seemed particularly concerned at my accusations that LDC were behaving in an undemocratic manner. He didn't really comment on the stadium itself and I didn't push that side of things. What I wanted to bring to his attention was the antics of LDC, and how they taint the whole party. Pressure from within the party is the best way to stop them in their tracks.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Lush said:

Top work Jim!!!!

it's all true. he had hughes pinned down (not literally of course) for ages.

arise sir lokki of falmer:clap: :clap: :clap:

friendly bunch the liberals. one fellow i was berating even got our drinks in!

Last edited:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Lokki 7 said:

I reckon he fancies you mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here