Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Michael Schumacher

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not the "real" stig, several times comments have been made that "formula 1 drivers take a different line", which wouldnt make any sence if stig was an F1 driver.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can't believe he is the real stig as surely he can earn 10 times what the BBC pay to be a corporate host at a Grand Prix.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Nah, he won't be the real Stig - but he probably drove the Ferrari.

What usually happens is with F1 cars and other supercars, a test driver from the company usually puts on the white overalls. I think it's Ben Collins day in, day out.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
All this talk about money, what about the fact he might ENJOY it. Seems like bloody good fun to me.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Nah, he won't be the real Stig - but he probably drove the Ferrari.

What usually happens is with F1 cars and other supercars, a test driver from the company usually puts on the white overalls. I think it's Ben Collins day in, day out.

that would make sence.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Oh get over yourselves. Of course he isn't the week in week out test driver.

It's just a bit of fun

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Wow the amount of people who actually think Schumacher is the real stig is hilarious!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Conspiracy theory...in the credits it listed the Stig as a cast member...followed by Michael Schumacher as a special guest...he isn't the Stig.

Cracking good show though!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Schumacher was probably the only person that Ferrari would let drive their car round the track.

That would make sense. I'd be sure that, while he's clearly not the everyday Stig, he was behind the wheel of that Ferrari.

Assuming there is one normal Stig, there is no way that he could suddenly get around the track 7 seconds quicker than he's managed before. No car in the world would provide that amount of different. The difference was probably not so much about the car but about the quality of Schumacher as a driver (I couldn't stand the bloke in his F1 days, but he is doubtless a very very good driver).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here