Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear - It is really is utter Garbage..

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Is there a battery shortage for remote controls in Sussex? Noones forcing you to watch it, exercise your right as a cognitive being and turn over!

TG is a shadow of its former self, but still makes me laugh now and again, which is more than can be said for much of the drivel on tv.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Trading off it's reputation. Coming to an end. The pantomime characters who present the programme are now parodies of themselves. Was good, isn't now. Time to gracefully retire - but it's not in their make up sadly.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Saw Top Gear for the first time in a while, I wished I hadn't bothered. This programme has completely run out of ideas. Over the years its gone from a decent motoring programme to utter tosh. Tonight's review of the Skoda Yeti was supposed to be funny, instead it was just embarassing.

I've been saying for a while it is now quite poor. I really don't want to watch "fake" real situations, and heavily scripted ad-libs. It's now nothing really to do with cars, all about the presenters.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Top Gear is one of the BBC's biggest exports and they make millions from it. Don't expect to see it go off air soon. Also, given Top Gear or Lark Ride to Candleford it's not that difficult a choice. It does blow hot and cold but how anybody can take it seriously baffles me.

John Sayers

Aug 17, 2009
Saltdean
It is just a shame that Steve Brogan wasn't allowed to use the bike he won the Evo championship on. Instead they insisted he use a bike straight from the dealer. (And several takes before the car eventually beat the bike)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I thought it was OK, I still like TG, still better than most other shit thats on TV these days.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I always watch Top Gear until they start trashing cars and Hammond starts his silly false laugh. So I've probably watched an hour of it. In total. Over the last ten years.

A while ago they wrecked a classic Jaguar C type through their sheer oikish ignorance. The BBC faced a claim for its repair that, I believe, totalled £200k. Wallies.

Yeah and it's taxpayers money, though they justify it no doubt by saying that it's paid for by overeseas earnings.

Seems to be a prog desperately promoted by the Beeb to show foreigners that all Brits are raving woofters. Would love to find out that Hammond is really Clarkson's bitch.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Trading off it's reputation. Coming to an end. The pantomime characters who present the programme are now parodies of themselves. Was good, isn't now. Time to gracefully retire - but it's not in their make up sadly.

Absolutely agree with this. Its another one of those programmes now that people tend to watch because everybody else does and it makes you look "trendy" if you do so.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Absolutely agree with this. Its another one of those programmes now that people tend to watch because everybody else does and it makes you look "trendy" if you do so.

What ? Since when does watching any television show make you look 'trendy' ? What a strange post. People tend to watch Top Gear as they like it but nobody is forced to do so.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
What ? Since when does watching any television show make you look 'trendy' ? What a strange post. People tend to watch Top Gear as they like it but nobody is forced to do so.

not that I listen but Radio1 have a way of telling everyone to watch a programme then they bang on about it for ages, then your mates say "did you watch X that radio1 found out about!?" it happens!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
not that I listen but Radio1 have a way of telling everyone to watch a programme then they bang on about it for ages, then your mates say "did you watch X that radio1 found out about!?" it happens!

Only if you're still at school.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
It really isn't as good as it was. But, on a sunday night with nothing else on, it is watchable. The specials are great, and wouldn't miss them, but normal TG i could take it or leave it. The false ad-libs are a bit much, and they could do with some new presenters to give it a lift.

chops

Egg chaser & hack
Jan 4, 2011
Christchurch, NZ
As a number of other people have said the specials are quite enjoyable but the rest of it just feels so contrived it's ridiculous.

How can the BBC justify flying Hammond to South Africa, hiring a helicopter for a day and totalling a Beatle, just for about two minutes footage, most of which was just repeated shots of the car hitting the ground.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
you would think so, but thats not the case!

To be honest I can't remember when it's ever been mentioned at work, that or any other TV program, maybe we need more water coolers.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Wow, there are some moody phuckers on here this morning! It's only a TV programme ffs! I like it although I admit last nights edition was not that good (especially for a season opener) but I enjoy it for what it is, non-pc based light entertainment. Who cares about how much things cost on the show? I'm sure they have a budget and use it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here