Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear - It is really is utter Garbage..

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
Who cares about how much things cost on the show? I'm sure they have a budget and use it.

Thing is they could have easily carried out the Beetle sketch on their own test track, thus saving money, using it more wisely on another feature. And it would have been a fairer test for the Porsche, not on sand, and so on.

Similar to a few series ago when Jeremy shipped a car out to Australia/Japan to test the efficiency of the glove box or something similar, and the other two's features were rubbish.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Onto another important question - can you fit a Siena Miller in the glovebox ?"

Sorry, but that was a LOL moment for me. But then I am quite easily pleased.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Thing is they could have easily carried out the Beetle sketch on their own test track, thus saving money, using it more wisely on another feature. And it would have been a fairer test for the Porsche, not on sand, and so on.
Are you sure. Can you really see health and safety allowing a car too be dropped from a mile up? Could never have done it in England, and I'm sure they chose South Africa because the are trying to rise its prfile over there.

Agree with some on here, I love it, although last nights episode was not very good. Hopefully they've just pushed all the crap into the first one to get it out the way, and the series will get better from here.

I wonder where I can get a Stig from. 35 days from birth to that. I could do with a few of them in my warehouses

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

wind speed could blow the beetle a quater of a kilometer or further off target, thus the requirement for a massive expanse. Dont see what the problem with TG wasting license money, the Beeb have been wasting it for years!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I can think of a few reasons to keep watching, and i'm not talking about the middle aged men...

01 Jan. 24 16.16.jpg
02 Jan. 24 16.23.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Used to be a must watch, I can take it or leave it now tbh.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Awful lot of telly-snobs around these days.

TG is just a bit of fun on a Sunday night before the working week starts.

It's not that bad. If you don't like it go and do a puzzle or something.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Irrelevant what the cost is or if you like it, it simply pays for itself by selling it abroad. Since it became so popular abroad the "set" cost have risen because it raises its own budget.

I watch it due to there being crap elsewhere and its easy watching.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
What ? Since when does watching any television show make you look 'trendy' ? What a strange post. People tend to watch Top Gear as they like it but nobody is forced to do so.

Not a strange post at all. It's one of those programmer that people watch (even if they don't like it or are interested in cars) so they can talk about it at work. I sit and listen to people in the office. I can think of loads of examples of tv programmer the same!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I usually find the first one of a new series seems to be not so good and it gets better as it goes on, like the program a lot.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Is there a battery shortage for remote controls in Sussex? Noones forcing you to watch it, exercise your right as a cognitive being and turn over!

TG is a shadow of its former self, but still makes me laugh now and again, which is more than can be said for much of the drivel on tv.

I can't agree with him doing this but to be fair I thought he was quite decent on the left wing at Dean Court.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the thing i dont get is why people object to it being "fake" and scripted. what isn't? everything on TV is scripted and rehersed, unless you like Jeremy "twat" Kyle.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well looks like Clarkson's arrogance has finally got the better of him, it should have happened long ago. Bye bye Jeremy we'll only see you on the Dave channel from now on.

Getting Chris Evans is probably just what the show needs, if the rumours are right TOP appointment from the BEEB

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well looks like Clarkson's arrogance has finally got the better of him, it should have happened long ago. Bye bye Jeremy we'll only see you on the Dave channel from now on.

Getting Chris Evans is probably just what the show needs, if the rumours are right TOP appointment from the BEEB
Not that Chris Evans is a marmite celebrity or anything....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just watched the final episode. Its probably a blessing Clarkson and co. are no longer, think they'd finally run out of good ideas. Any chance we could actually have a motoring programme again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here