Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 5 places to see in Barcelona?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Do a fat bike tour, rather than a bus tour.
Great fun, whilsy seeing the major sights.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and expect to get robbed or pickpocketed at some stage.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I go along with most of what has been said including La Sagrada Famiglia which makes you wonder how they built such places before they had modern equipment.

As you are staying in the Bari Gotik, try Cafe Academie (not too far from the Metro south of the Cathedral) which is restaurant rather than cafe and was fabulous and reasonable when we were there.

Barcelona is a fabulous city.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Be careful where you eat on Las Ramblas and steer well clear of them big pink prawns or there's a risk that all you'll see is a 12 hour close up of the toilet bowl in your hotel room!!

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Go to El Xampanyet for a glass of cava and some tapas.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ah this old chestnust, been to Barca about 20 times often pissed up in Las Ramblas, never a hint of trouble, Madrid? another story, some Romanian cought with his hand in her bag on the first day. Visit the sex museum, even the Doc got some loving that night! welcome back Rev
Must have been unlucky then as I have been with people twice who have had their cars broken into in Barcelona

Noddy11

Nov 24, 2011
ah this old chestnust, been to Barca about 20 times often pissed up in Las Ramblas, never a hint of trouble, Madrid? another story, some Romanian cought with his hand in her bag on the first day. Visit the sex museum, even the Doc got some loving that night! welcome back Rev

Where to start with this one? But needless to say half cut wearing your Union Jack leather chaps you were a massive hit in Zamora's that night

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
If you are going up the Sagrada Familia, turn up a few minutes before opening time (10am if memory serves) to reduce the hanging around. Leave it until lunchtime or after and you will be queuing at least an hour and may decide to give up.

Parc Monjuic is a must. Views from there are great. If you don't fancy the cable car or can save it for later, the walk up from Placa d'Espanya past the palaces and museums is very rewarding.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Was just about to mention the bus trips myself. You beat me to it. Yes - very good indeed for that sort of thing. Helped us choose which places to go back to as well.

This.
Bus trips as dull as it sounds is a v good way of seeing it all

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Sagrada Familliar. One mans relationship with his God. Simply breath taking and incredibly moving.
The food market
Monjuic
Parc Guell
The Picasso Museum

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
I agree with everything above - especially Gaudi Park.

A slightly less cultural recommendation but Razzmatazz was awesome last time I went. Both a club with about 7 rooms and a great live venue. Bumped into Neil Finn the last time I was there and he was raving about it (and due to play after I'd returned to the UK).

my most amusing trip was when England played Andorra, it was freezing cold and pissing down with rain, Mrs Doc always scrutinises the weather forecasts so we were prepared, but half of England's 'travelling army' didn't bother and turned up in flip flops and shorts as it was late March, poor old McClown, he wouldn't have got as much stick if it wasn't just for the sake of warming themselves up

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Must say I felt 100 times safer in Madrid than Barcelona. Still love Barcelona though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here