Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 3 things that PISS you off when you're DRIVING

Drivers in slow moving traffic who leave a HUGE gap between themselves and the car in front. They have NO IDEA that the effect of this is that they are causing the queue that they are in to TAIL BACK to the junction they've just gone through - effectively CLAGGING UP THAT JUNCTION quite unnecessarily, while at the same time preventing vehicles that are in the queue, but JUST WANT TO REACH THE NEXT LEFT TURN, from getting to the point where they will LEAVE the queue and make things better for EVERYONE.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Perry Milkins said:
I love the smell of toilet seats on the Thameslink
:ohmy:

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
1. Motorcyclists who think it's their God given right to overtake in the face of oncoming traffic - seen so many near misses.

2. People who don't know how to drive roundabouts - you give way to traffic approaching on your right! Oh the frustration of being behind someone and no-one goes!

3. People who don't give way when it's your right of way - often w*nkers in 4x4's!

:angry:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Drivers in slow moving traffic who leave a HUGE gap between themselves and the car in front. They have NO IDEA that the effect of this is that they are causing the queue that they are in to TAIL BACK to the junction they've just gone through - effectively CLAGGING UP THAT JUNCTION quite unnecessarily, while at the same time preventing vehicles that are in the queue, but JUST WANT TO REACH THE NEXT LEFT TURN, from getting to the point where they will LEAVE the queue and make things better for EVERYONE.

Spot on and why is it I always seem to get one in front of me:angry: They invariably have the Christian fish symbol stuck to the back of their cars - Are Vicars preaching "Leave a gap and let thy neighbour in":angry: :angry:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The Boss said:
Spot on and why is it I always seem to get one in front of me:angry: They invariably have the Christian fish symbol stuck to the back of their cars - Are Vicars preaching "Leave a gap and let thy neighbour in":angry: :angry:

Perhaps there isn't a space at all. Maybe there's an invisble car there:

http://www.newscientisttech.com/article/dn10334

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trufflehound said:
Who not have the next NSC meet-up in Holland? You can all crash round at mine, even if you have continous explosive diarrehoea and have to wear a big nappy. Like Afters.
Aw, that'll be GREAT - cheers! :clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Leekbrookgull said:
White van man on his mobile,whilst driving,while his mate reads the paper !! :angry: :angry: :albion:

Anybody using a mobile especially when trying to go around aroundabout.

Should be 6 penalty points it would soon stop when 2 offences mean a ban.

I also believe people with bike carriers on the back that cover their number plates. It is so easy to get a number plate and fix it to the bikes so that it can be read.

Lastly people who tow a trailer or caravan at excessive speed to show that they are good drivers can do it or that their Chelsea Tractor is powerful.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1. People who cut the corner every time they turn right into a side road, assuming there will be nothing coming the other way.

2. Motorcyclists generally. Do they give you a different highway code?

3. The idiots who push their nose out so that you have NO OPTION but to let them out, then wave to say thanks. That so gets me wound up. If I wanted to let you out, I would have left a gap, wouldn't I. If you are going to drive like a prick and force your way out, then go ahead and drive like a prick, but please don't insult me by thanking me. That is all.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trufflehound said:
Can you have "continuous explosive diarrehoea"? Wouldn't it be more "eruptive" if it went on and on...?

Just a thought like.
Good point. You wouldn't want either on your pancakes in the morning.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
hans kraay fan club said:

3. The idiots who push their nose out so that you have NO OPTION but to let them out, then wave to say thanks. That so gets me wound up. If I wanted to let you out, I would have left a gap, wouldn't I. If you are going to drive like a prick and force your way out, then go ahead and drive like a prick, but please don't insult me by thanking me. That is all.

Sorry I am guilty of this as I would never get out of my home if I waited for a car to let me out on the A272.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
1. Long A-ROADS without proper DUAL CARRIAGEWAY provision. Mostly in the COUNTRYSIDE.

2. Bad SIGNAGE so that you get LOST when trying to follow the INSTRUCTIONS you'rve printed out from the RAC website.

3. When you MISS a vital SIGN because the left lane is chock-full of HIGH-SIDED VEHICLES.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
1. 4 x 4 Drivers in General, they have their own Highway code but they just forgot to tell everyone else
2. Mototcyclists who drive up the middle of two lanes of stationery traffic and then give you the finger because you moved slightly and nearly hit them. Well dont f***ing well drive on peoples blind side you hairy tosser.
3. People who park in Family parking bays at Tesco etc when then clearly have no children. Selfish retards

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1) Drivers who brake and THEN indicate, bit f***ing late you thicko you have a good chance of being shunted up the arse.

2) Drivers who have cannot judge how to join a roundabout, either waiting for a 10 sec gap or just pulling out and making the traffic already on the roundabout brake. Worst of all those that wait 5 mins and then "go for it" and cause braking and hooting on the roundabout.

3) Worst by a mile tough is anyone in front of me who is going slower than I want to go and won't move out my way :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here