Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 10 passwords you should never use

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
You can use the same password but surely if that password is extremely strong than that's ok.

I tend to vary passwords though, anyone using passwords like "12345" is just stupid, or there own username.

Perhaps you should make a sticky Bozza about making stronger passwords, as if 37 grown adults are using their own name is just stupid...

The password, on here or anywhere else come to that is the responsibility of the user.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Can I just seriously confirm something, I could'nt remember my password a couple years ago, so PMed Bozza and asked him to supply me with it, he could'nt as he can't access it, if my memory serves me well I think El Presidente had same sort of problems many moons ago.

So please don't worry guys :)

Bozza sorted out my account problems too in which I think I had to give hi my password.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Possibly the most common access problem users experience surrounds the following...

- They registered on NSC years ago.
- They set up a random password at the time.
- They use the remember me/keep me logged in feature for when they re-visit

They then need to use NSC on another computer and/or they no longer have access to the email address they registered to NSC with. When confronted with this, they'll email me for help.

I will then:

- manually reset their password and, even though this password will be short-lived, I always make it reasonably strong incorporating uppercase, lowercase and numerics.
- email this password to the user so they can login.
- instruct the user to change their password to something they'll know and I won't ASAP.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wonder how many have "Seagulls" or "albion" as their password

I did this before, quite a few years ago, when NSC allowed you to search for users based on password. (As someone said before though, this didn't indicate that passwords were clear text and viewable, simply that the entered value was hashed and all matching accounts returned)

I imagine a search on me using the word 'password' on here would find the thread quite quickly.

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
my password is eight characters

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
.getting me coat on right now!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
my password is gkgjdfsfdhkjhfd765768nnjnjj - nobody will ever guess it!!!!!!!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder how many have "Seagulls" or "albion" as their password

Some did a few years back. Some Palace fans guessed their passwords and started posting pro palace threads on behalf of NSCers.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Quite. Many people will have the same password for NSC, Facebook, email etc etc. Which leaves it open to abuse, especially now there's direct links between NSC and Facebook. Mods should not have access to unencrypted passwords.

Its so Bozza and transfer the cash he needs from our bank accounts to keep the site running, club shirt sponsorship, funding away trips, etc

(disclaimer - He doesn't really)

You could I suppose use the same password for everything but add the first two letters of the site you are using to it.

I have had some spurious e-mails sent from my work e-mail - no idea how as it has a strong password that only I know. Digressing slightly I also was contacted by my bank to point out two spurious entries on my account (both phone top ups for modest amounts) and a a blocked attempt at a third - well done to them as they spotted them before I did so it at least shows their security systems work. Once again baffled as to how the perpetrator got my card details.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
if my memory serves me well I think El Presidente had same sort of problems many moons ago.
In the words of Pele , did El Pres have a "password dysfunction" ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here