Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony I love you.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There is no denying what Tony Bloom has done for us. He, along with a top class team have put Brighton on the map. We are no longer "little old Brighton" and are respected around the world as a model club for the way we are run. We have top end facilities and an infrastructure which is up there with the best of them. The squads not looking too shabby either...
I obviously dont know the figure but Tony has invested hundreds of millions in to this club that we love. He is though a very shrewd business man and this is of course can be evidenced by the successful businesses he already runs.
In the end i believe that Brighton will be his biggest earner though. Taking our squad value, growth, infrastructure and facilities in to account alone, we must be worth well in excess of a Billion pounds now.
Tony will have earnt every penny of that money though and when he does eventually cash in, i dont know one fan who would begrudge him that

Thank you Mr Bloom
Just hope he doesn't "cash in" by selling, though he's suggested before that wasn't in his plan.

Long live the Blooms.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
I think the academy is just 1 of multiple strings on the bow.

Of course its great to get homegrown youngsters coming through to 1st team, but any player that can potentially be improved and turn a profit is all part of the grand plan, even if they don't make the grade at first team level.

We're a quality used player salesman!
You're right there!

I just hoped we would have a few more home grown lads compete on the big stage, and I wonder that it might not be ours pitch so often now.

If a few of the pundits predictions are right Tony may regret splashing the cash this window and losing Roberto! It appears we're likely to disappoint this season and a relegation battle looms!! They seem to forget that we had injury problems like many others and a manager (Roberto) who sort of gave up at turn of year. All I hear is Brighton will struggle(we may well do), new manager unknown in Premier league and finished last season in relegation form. Keep selling their best stars and its coming back to bite them!

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OP: Tony I love you
Dr Hibbert:
1159424.jpg

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
My thoughts on all of these new players.
With a new manager comes new tactics and playing style. It would seem the days of heart attacks and playing out from the back are gone. And that means new players. But PBOBE and the recruitment team say we've been watching the new players for some time?
So for how long have the club known about new style of play? That would mean TB knew RDZ was leaving a lot sooner than we were told.
I just wonder if the writing on the wall was as far back as the Southampton or Man City game at the end of 2022/23 season. RDZ was holding forth in the dressing room with Bloom and Barber present - and the media. He basically was demanding that Tony should get his cheque book out and sign more players, presumably De Zerbi’s choices. The moral being ‘Don’t bite the hand that feeds you’.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I want to love him more, but I like progressive growth. Casting our net so far wide does this mean the death of our academy or just filling a hole until a few more gems come through?
Hope fully we will have a rough idea by the end of October or before if we are extremely good or bad.
Surely it’s a combination of both. We have a productive academy, there’s no doubt about that, but we were also short of quality in key areas last season due to an awful injury list. By signing numerous talented players from elsewhere has strengthened the squad so that positions are covered for all eventualities. As you say, time will tell but it does look promising.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If a few of the pundits predictions are right Tony may regret splashing the cash this window and losing Roberto! It appears we're likely to disappoint this season and a relegation battle looms!! They seem to forget that we had injury problems like many others and a manager (Roberto) who sort of gave up at turn of year. All I hear is Brighton will struggle(we may well do), new manager unknown in Premier league and finished last season in relegation form. Keep selling their best stars and its coming back to bite them!
Heard that twice on TS in the last few hours. New, inexperienced manager, lost a good manager, sold our best players and didn’t recover, no Pascal, poor second half of last season……….oddly no mention of the new signings by either pundit though. Almost like they haven’t really done any research :shrug: Both tipped us to be their ‘team that struggles’ this season.

Heard that twice on TS in the last few hours. New, inexperienced manager, lost a good manager, sold our best players and didn’t recover, no Pascal, poor second half of last season……….oddly no mention of the new signings by either pundit though. Almost like they haven’t really done any research :shrug: Both tipped us to be their ‘team that struggles’ this season
Yep, and last night! Maybe I'm wrong with my blue and white specs on but I am optimistic this season that we'll be challenging top 6 again?. Yes, it could go badly wrong but when looking back to some of the poor results we had (with a makeshift team), we still played united off the park in final game despite losing it. The very same United who won the fa cup 7 days later! The stand out very poor performances were Bournemouth away Fulham away and Luton away. With Mitoma Pedro Jack back for starters as well as the new players I can't see us being in relegation battle.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Heard that too, but TS pundits are the most lazy, ill-informed bunch I have listened to. Was watching Ben Foster's Fozcast last night, and near the end they spoke about BHA a little. They all thought we might surprise a few, Goldbridge thinks we might actually do well this season.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
I’ve only seen one pundit that admits to tipping Leicester for relegation the year they won the league. He admitted it because he tips them for relegation this time as well! Pundits views are page fillers and click bait and should be treated with caution imo.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I have no idea how many more signings we will get done before the window shuts.
And who may still leave

But right now I am about as happy an Albion fan as i have ever been.

Its genuinely surreal

Thank you Tony you truly are 1 of a kind.

It's a shame @Stat Brother is not around to tell us, how exciting it is, not knowing which of the new signings to BOOOOOO first.

Personally, I'm as ever, very excited about a tranche of new signings, i had pretty much not heard of before this window.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You're right there!

I just hoped we would have a few more home grown lads compete on the big stage, and I wonder that it might not be ours pitch so often now.
It would be nice, but the likelihood of developing a player up to genuine top- half, Premier league level, is pretty small.
We have a pretty good success rate and I suspect this will continue.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
TB has said before I think he doesn't find as much value in the January market.

Also RDZ insisted on Fati and Dahoud who didn't pull up trees, albeit both were seen as decent coups at the time for us.

Onwards and upwards, bear no ill will towards RDZ, and hope that now we finally look like we're spending the Caicedo and Ali Mac money that its a springboard back to where we were, and beyond.

It's an exciting time to be a Seagull

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Heard that too, but TS pundits are the most lazy, ill-informed bunch I have listened to. Was watching Ben Foster's Fozcast last night, and near the end they spoke about BHA a little. They all thought we might surprise a few, Goldbridge thinks we might actually do well this season.
The one last night (Lianne Sanderson), when asked which team would struggle said we were 'interesting', overachieved when got 6th (true), but 'I can't see them being in the top 10', 'lot of question marks' 'selling all your best players will catch up with you and the wheel will fall off - that's what I'm seeing now with Brighton'. Oladipo says 'they've spent a lot of money which isn't like them' , and when asked who would would be 'flop of the season' she says 'Brighton for me....I don't know why I think that, but Brighton'. Fantastic insight.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The one last night (Lianne Sanderson), when asked which team would struggle said we were 'interesting', overachieved when got 6th (true), but 'I can't see them being in the top 10', 'lot of question marks' 'selling all your best players will catch up with you and the wheel will fall off - that's what I'm seeing now with Brighton'. Oladipo says 'they've spent a lot of money which isn't like them' , and when asked who would would be 'flop of the season' she says 'Brighton for me....I don't know why I think that, but Brighton'. Fantastic insight.
Ahh - there's your issue.

Utterly clueless, and barely coherent. I roll my eyes as far as the next person, at lazy accusations of tokenism and 'box ticking' - but Lianne really doesn't help the arguments against.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here